My favourite flower is... Topic

Posted by 98greenc5 on 9/19/2011 4:24:00 PM (view original):

WiS is a community of users, not a pre-school playground. It should be expected that people treat each other with a little respect. Every once and a while a user doesn't respect the community (most of all the other players in his world) and wrecks havoc. It is unfortunate. But it happens and the world moves on.

Thankfully, there are a group of users (I don't happen to be one of them) that enjoy taking on these "reclaimation" projects. They are the true unsung heros of WiS. They make the most of a bad situation and try to help out the community.

WiS knows that there are team wreckers out there. Team wreckers wreck teams. WiS long ago made a policy not to try to "fix" those teams through top-side intervention. The community of users knows this.

You can pretend to be a saint for becoming a team wrecker. But you aren't. You showed your true colors. It is all about you. Congrats!

Ok, thats your and it appears most people on these forums expectations on how things should run here on WIS.  I dont understand how that can be.  But evidently it is.

And I am not a team wrecker.  I was reacting to a situation that I thought was plain wrong.  And I already admitted that the way I handled it wasnt right.  What else can I say?

And another thing I have taken over several somewhat ruined teams.  This is the first time I ever felt that I needed to do something about it.  I have never ever asked to have a contract overturned before.

I have been a long standing owner in Yas, and Ive had no reason to be anything other then a good owner there.  I havent nor will I ever do anything there.
9/19/2011 4:50 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 9/19/2011 3:49:00 PM (view original):
I had a moment in time there were I wasnt thinking straight.  I plead insanity.

I did however come out of that feeling badly about what I did and told Tec about it and said Id like for him to find a replacement for me and hopefully he and CS can fix this royal **** up.

If I were as big of a dick as some or many of you think I am I could have easily not said anything and not gotten booted.  I could have screwed the franchise even harder.

And despite the insanity there my only intention was to effect change in WIS's policy that I wholeheartedly disagree with, but which very few of you all have any agreement with at all.  And if you read this whole thread you would know what Im talking about so Im not going to repeat it.

And yes, I am not going to be giving WIS/Faux anymore of my money.  I am playing out the last of my 2 more seasons in the only world I ever really cared about and then Im out of here.

You can clap whole-heartedly or you can think whatever you want it matters not to me.  I know the point that I was trying to do even if it was done poorly was to just try to help people out that end up in the same situation I found myself in.
Incorrect.  I'd have caught them this morning.  I imagine tec would have also.

Simply put, when an owner throws a hissy in one of my worlds, I start watching his transactions. 

Don't paint yourself as a crusader.  You're a dick. 
9/19/2011 4:52 PM
So does that mean you're staying in Yaz then ?
9/19/2011 4:54 PM
MAKE 3 MORE LONG TERM SIGNINGS AND I'M IN!
9/19/2011 4:55 PM
And, again, he believes 10m in useless contracts will ruin a team for many seasons.    It doesn't.   Unless you're a moron. 
9/19/2011 4:56 PM
Im staying in Yaz for the next 3 seasons because thats what I have paid for.

And girl, you dont have to worry about me there, I have never done anything there that anybody could consider odd...

Actually MikeT there is much much more things wrong with the ALB franchise then just the 5 yr contract finishing with 17 mill when he is 42 yrs old and with an OA of about 25.  All you need do is read this thread, which Im sure you did.  You just want to have a selective memory to make me look more like a dick.  Ive done a good enough job of doing that already buddy, dont need your help in that regard, thank you very much.
9/19/2011 5:02 PM
"And I am not a team wrecker.  I was reacting to a situation that I thought was plain wrong.  And I already admitted that the way I handled it wasnt right.  What else can I say?"

You wrecked a team. That makes you a team wrecker.

You have ZERO respect for the 31 other owners in your world. You unilaterally chose to make a "point" that only affects the 31 other owners in that world. That makes you a selfish ******* as well.

How would you feel if someone decided to make a "point" in Yaz (self stated as the only world you "care" about)?

There is nothing else you can (or should) say. Your actions in Mantle and words in this thread say plenty about you and your character. You can only make yourself appear worse by continuing to "defend" yourself.
9/19/2011 5:03 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 9/19/2011 5:02:00 PM (view original):
Im staying in Yaz for the next 3 seasons because thats what I have paid for.

And girl, you dont have to worry about me there, I have never done anything there that anybody could consider odd...

Actually MikeT there is much much more things wrong with the ALB franchise then just the 5 yr contract finishing with 17 mill when he is 42 yrs old and with an OA of about 25.  All you need do is read this thread, which Im sure you did.  You just want to have a selective memory to make me look more like a dick.  Ive done a good enough job of doing that already buddy, dont need your help in that regard, thank you very much.
There may be many, many things wrong with that team.   But a few bad contracts don't "ruin" a team.   You're just a little whiney *****.

I'd like it noted that I said that about 3 weeks ago.   And you proved me right.  Thanks.
9/19/2011 5:08 PM
How someone with a non-zero amount of respect for others would have handled the situation:

1) Oops, I joined a world without actually looking at the team and the contracts and realizing what a mess this is. I don't re-build messes that are this bad. I also didn't bother looking at the size of the mess until the world filled and rolled and so now I'm here.

2) See if WiS will fix this for me. They do a little, but not to my satisfaction. That sucks

3A) I'm not sticking around to re-build this mess. I will kiss my $25 goodbye and ask commish to see if he can replace me with someone who will.

3B) I'm not sticking around to re-build this mess. I paid my $25, so I will make the best of this year, maybe try some things, see how many games I can win by signing cheap FAs to one year deals. Then not re-up next season.

See, the "fault" was yours at Step 1. You decided you were a victim and tried to make it WiS' fault at step 2. Then, instead of being a human in either version of Step 3, you decided to be a selfish *******. Everyone in this thread sees it that way. But I'm sure you don't. Because you're a selfish *******.
9/19/2011 5:12 PM
Believe it or not guys, I completely understand that my actions over the past several days have made me about as popular as genital herpes to many of you people.  I get it.

Im not defending my actions, Im only defending my intentions.
9/19/2011 5:13 PM

Your "intentions" are as selfish as your actions

9/19/2011 5:16 PM
You're fricken insane
9/19/2011 5:16 PM
Even in that last post, he tacks on the "to many of you people"

He still thinks there are people who could read this thread and be on his side
9/19/2011 5:19 PM
Actually, if WifS personnel is truly "re-dedicated" to HBD, this can be a good thing.

They can recognize the situation and make a couple of programming changes so it never happens again.

1.  Players will not sign a deal that takes them past the age of 39.
2.  Players 39 or older will only sign 1 year deals.
3.  Players will not sign for more than their demands once FA ends. 

If they make these simple changes, neither one of these ******** can do what they did.   Now, of course, both could have signed 10 FA for 1m but none of them would be signed beyond one or two seasons.

MAKE IT HAPPENS, WIFS!!!!!
9/19/2011 5:33 PM
If I were WIS, I would repeal your right to play this game in any world given your actions in Mantle.
9/19/2011 5:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...16 Next ▸
My favourite flower is... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.