Snowball Shootout Topic

Since you were the one who came up with the name, Weena, it is fitting that you should have the final tag line. 

Based on the consensus here, we will let the Snowball Shootout melt.  

If there is interest, I am always willing to restart the Shootout.  Or we could consider initiating a new challenge with the other conferences as a_in_the_b suggested. 

Thanks to everyone for an incredible 21 seasons of participation.  It has been a blast competing with you all in the Shootout!

6/27/2014 2:22 PM
Sad to see that the conferences have emptied out, although doing a tough non-conference AND a tough conference is brutal on the teams trying to make it to the top. Much easier for the already established teams. Is Wooden still the premier D3 world? Or has Rupp or Naismith passed it by?

Looking at D3 jobs, Naismith - 224, Wooden - 262, Rupp- 262, Smith - 263, Iba - 270 (Ouch), Crum - 266.

That being said, I'm thinking about coming back and taking over my old Marian job, as it wouldn't be a complete rebuild. Or perhaps I make a run at it in another conference....
6/27/2014 3:11 PM
Naismith is definitely tougher than Wooden now, imo, and Rupp is very close if not already there.  Recruiting in Rupp may be tougher already.  That said, there are still a bunch of really good coaches in Wooden, and recruiting is still a challenge in the crazy midwest region. 

You should join Minnesota!  We've been the best or the 2nd best conference for many many seasons now.  Augsburg is a great job (5 open scholarships and some good returning players). 
6/27/2014 4:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19
Snowball Shootout Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.