Francona = scapegoat Topic

I figured RACIST!!!! Boston would blame it on Crawford and Gonzalez. 
9/30/2011 2:31 PM
What about Big Pap Smear?

Truthfully, Crawford should get the blame, especially with that contract.  If he had put up his career averages this season, they'd likely have eeked out 3-4 more wins. Lackey's an overpriced terd as well, but I doubt that shocks many people.

But as far as Tito goes...for a team what won 2 of 4 WS, and then has performed below expectations (to varying degrees) since, it's time for a managerial change.  To me, Francona is a Torre type of guy - manage the egos, and sit back and let the boys play ball.  But the Red Sox clearly are getting to a place where they need a more hands-on manager.
9/30/2011 2:50 PM (edited)
The Theo & Tito show should come to the north side of Chicago, break the World Series drought and write their ticket to Cooperstown.
9/30/2011 2:58 PM
The Blosux can bring in Bobby V!  That'll be entertaining!
9/30/2011 2:59 PM
Tito was in trouble no matter what if they missed the post season....the team was so poorly prepared in spring training and a lot of guys were flat out not in shape to play baseball

ownership was seething about that from the start
9/30/2011 3:18 PM
WE WANT WALLY!
9/30/2011 3:31 PM
Boston needs an old-faced, old, baseball guy.

Stability through appearance. 

The players lose the games anyways.
9/30/2011 3:38 PM
TOMMY LASORDA?
9/30/2011 3:49 PM
I thinking more along the lines of that old tune on the "Golden Girl's".  Okay, the really old tune on the "Golden Girl's".
9/30/2011 4:48 PM
 It's always easier to fire the coach than to fire 25 players.

But look at Detroit : a few years back, they spent boatloads of money to improve their team. They found it takes time to play as a team. Same for .
9/30/2011 7:08 PM
turns out, this is a clubhouse full of a-holes....

stories coming out of guys like Lester, Beckett, and Lackey getting plastered in the clubhouse during games

Francona wan't tired of managing in Boston, but he was tired of managing this group of spoiled, selfish turds....plus, he made it clear that he did not have the backing of ownership, and that they are far more meddling than it appears from the outside....
9/30/2011 8:11 PM
for once mike, i have to say...word
9/30/2011 8:16 PM
good question....Youk has gotten in faces before

maybe it is because he had such a crappy season

ownership is having a press conference right at this moment....
9/30/2011 8:18 PM
Maybe they should get some pitchers that don't suck.
9/30/2011 8:29 PM
i'm not gonna lie.  Pedroia seems to be an annoying little bastard.  But he plays hard and, if Cano wasn't in NY, I'd like to have the little turd on my team.   However, the fact that players are getting ********* during games and he doesn't step up, makes me wonder.
9/30/2011 8:30 PM
123456 Next ▸
Francona = scapegoat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.