I NEVER KNEW EDSO WAS ASIAN!!!!

10/4/2011 6:25 PM
Ah so, edso!!
10/4/2011 6:34 PM
you needa enfowsa inna cwease
10/4/2011 6:46 PM
LACIST!!
10/4/2011 7:19 PM
Now those Boston douche bags (Henry, Lucchino, and Werner) leaked out that Francona has a painkiller problem and his marriage is a mess. 

They are like little jilted *******.

Theo will be summarily be thrown under the bus within a week.
10/12/2011 5:58 PM
Francona did let the team get away from him.   Whether it's because he was too pre-occupied with his trashed marriage or too stoned-up from pill-popping is irrelevant.   They could have said "We lacked leadership.   From managers/coaches to players policing themselves" and left it at that. 
10/12/2011 6:13 PM
My issue with the worst ownership in all of baseball is they just can't keep their gobs shut.  They are trying to make themselves look good with trashing their ex.  
10/12/2011 6:26 PM
Well, as a Yankee fan, I can't say much about ownership jacking their jaws when I wished they'd STFU.
10/12/2011 6:30 PM
Sure looks like skankee fans like sticking their noses into Red Sox business.
10/12/2011 6:49 PM
When you're an employee on a contract, you do what your supervisor (i.e., manager) requires, or you abrogate that contract. (Unless, the contract says you get to do whatever you please.) Therefore, if anyone is goofing off in the clubhouse instead of providing support on the bench, it is the manager's responsibility. If he does nothing about it, then the example and laxity hurt the whole team.

I realized this when I was 19 and traveling as a scorekeeper and driver with amateurs, a junior college basketball team. The coach never understood what was happening or how his failure to influence their off-court behavior through his own actions was a talented team's undoing. Talent without discipline is a waste in any line of endeavor.

(O.K., Babe Ruth was an exception. There's always an exception, but if Ruth led a life of moderation off the field, he might have been even greater than he was.)

If there are bad apples spoiling the Sox, they're now getting what they deserve: no playoffs, no extra cash, dimmer future contract prospects, likely shorter careers.

What has Francona learned from all of this? His next job may show the answer to that.
10/12/2011 7:32 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Francona is not employed by the Sux.   Please see thread title.
10/13/2011 10:00 AM
Nice managing, Francona!!!!
10/6/2017 7:11 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Francona = scapegoat Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.