Survivor X - Champion Crowned Topic

How many more do we need?  We have 25 right now...
10/10/2011 3:33 PM
3 More to make it a full game... New players would be welcome so I can get them all into a faction of 7 to start.
10/10/2011 3:59 PM
I'm game.  Saw invite from you in HBD.  Won a DII championship in GD, but quit because of update.  Don't think I am planning on coming back to GD quite yet though, but will be game for Survivor.....
10/10/2011 7:36 PM
Im up for it
10/10/2011 7:46 PM
im up for it
10/10/2011 11:53 PM
I played one season but dont remember when..maybe big brother. Anywaya, I would love in!
10/10/2011 11:56 PM
I've posted the Rules and Tribes on Page 1.

To reiterate: 

MVP'S   THE VETS
wildpike (captain)
  onside (captain)
stevedotdec                                             hardknox23
nelsonba25                                             dublinuf
mr_mojo                                             csudak
livemike                                             bfkfraser
bellatrix                                             awags
apple_butter                                             arfy

UP AND COMER'S                                             THE ROOKIES
texan123 (captain)   tampafla (captain)
sbq80                                             scrodz
nyaggie98                                             rorisio
golfpro71                                             robust_trex
dawgnuts                                             fishnasty
da_goat                                             ffbplayergod
atcchris                                             billysooner

The Tribes in Tournament of Champions have been separated a bit differently this season... . Introducing your tribes:

MVP's :  All of the members of this tribe have been to the finals.  The Winner's and Runner Ups of past Survivor's know what it takes to get to the final vote.  They have the trophies.  Now they are all in the same pack.

The Vets:  Some of these guys have more Survivor Experience than the MVP's.  Multiple Top 10 Finishes, 6th place or better, and ex-hosts who know the game make up this team of experience, each one just waiting for the chance to get their name on the Survivor board.

UP and Comers:  They have played. They understand the feeling of rookie and have learned from their mistakes. They know the inner and outer workings of the game.  They are moving into their prime and just waiting for the break out year to be crowned the Champion.

The Rookies:  Every once in a while, a Rookie of the Year also wins MVP.  Although a tough task in Survivor, for those of you who never played - reading up on previous Survivors, and studying the game will help.  The good news is, you are all in it together.

Get to know your new tribe.  The principle of Survivor X is sports as always, although the challenges and immunity idols will based around general / past survivor topics: Movies, Books, Music, and Games.  

The first challenge and kickoff of Survivor will be Thursday.  I will have it posted tomorrow.

10/12/2011 3:41 PM (edited)
Interesting tribe splits...
10/11/2011 12:51 PM
Can I vote out arfy now?
10/11/2011 1:43 PM
The Immunity Idols have been hidden.

(Information below updated on page 1)

In the past, questions always have arose about the hidden Immunity Idols, and how they work.  In addition to the rules regarding the passing and playing of hidden immunity idols on page 1, I wanted to explain the process of the hidden immunity idols so everyone has a fair shake.

Each challenge will have a theme, relating to Movies, Books, Music, or Games.

Every challenge is going to be sports related.  However, the tiebreaker of each challenge will relate to that challenge's theme.  The team that wins the challenge will also receive Idol clues if that team also correctly answers the theme tiebreaker.

Some information regarding the idol clues:  
  • The hidden idol will be in or on a specific location in a movie, or a book, or a song, or a game.  You must not only know the name of the movie, book, song, or game, but also the specific location of where it was found.  
  • If you think you know where the idol is located, you can guess in the thread.  You can guess multiple locations per post, but I recommend that you do not EDIT previous posts to guess.  If you guess the correct answer first, someone guess it after you, and you edit and add 5 more answers... By the time I see it you will have "Edited" the post and I will award it to the person with the unedited post.
  • Each person on the  winning tribe receiving idol clues will all receive a different, random clue.  No clue will be any good by itself, so sharing clues wit be necessary to finding the location of the idol.  However:  Things to keep in mind....  Only 1 Person can actually Find the idol.  Because of this, don't be surprised if traded clues are not actual clues given by me.
A New way that the Idols work this time around:

There are 4 Idols.  Each has a different Strength and Weakness. Some of the idols will not work in the presence of another idol.  The person who finds the idol will know if his idol is more or less powerful than others. 

One of the Idols, when played, can be used to protect two people from a vote (Other than the person playing the idol)
One of the idols, when played, will provide that person immunity for two consecutive challenges (regardless if he is up for vote in the second challenge)
One of the Idols, when played, will provide that person immunity and show the person that played it where all of the other idols are located in the game (who has them).
The most powerful idol undoubtedly will protect the person playing it, since no other idol can negate its worth if played at the same time, and it will negate any other idol's "power".

I will never reveal when any or all idols are found.  Only the person finding it will know.  However, I will continue to send out idol clues for idols that have already been found, so others may be able to find out where the idol was located, thus knowing who has it.

10/12/2011 2:29 PM (edited)
Posted by muddapucka on 10/11/2011 1:43:00 PM (view original):
Can I vote out arfy now?
You aren't even playing silly!  Thank god! lol
10/11/2011 5:10 PM
Random guesses to start things off:

Movies
1)  Casablanca - Inside Sam's piano.
2)  Star Wars - On the Millennium Falcon.
3)  Toy Story - Under Woody's hat.
4)  Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Inside the Trojan Rabbit.
5)  Rocky - Inside one of Rocky's boxing gloves

Books
1)  The Bible - On top of Mount Sinai.
2)  Harry Potter - Under the mattress of Harry's bed at Hogwarts.
3)  Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones) - Under the Iron Throne.
4)  The Gunslinger series - Inside Roland's bag.
5)  Watership Down - In Fiver's warren.

Music
1)  The Star Spangled Banner (Francis Scott Key) - Under the flag.
2)  Jeremy (Pearl Jam) - In Jeremy's classroom.
3)  Yellow Submarine (The Beatles) - In the yellow submarine.
4)  Jump Around (House of Pain) - Under the seats.
5)  Centerfold (The J. Geils Band) - In homeroom.

Games
1)  Grand Theft Auto - On top of Mt. Chilliad.
2)  World of Warcraft - Under the Frozen Throne in Icecrown Citadel.
3)  Space Invaders - Under one of the "bases".
4)  Monopoly - Inside the racing car.
5)  Gridiron Dynasty - Inside your AC's scouting book...
10/11/2011 7:15 PM
Holy Crap.. here we go!   out of the Pantheon of all that is Movies, Books, Music and Games... random guesses of where an idol might be hidden. 
It's a fool's game!

(I'll have my list together soon.. hehe)
10/11/2011 8:06 PM
Can I vote out arfy now?
I second that motion.
10/11/2011 8:18 PM
Posted by jibe717 on 10/11/2011 8:18:00 PM (view original):
Can I vote out arfy now?
I second that motion.
Have patience guys, I'll get him
10/11/2011 9:46 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...55 Next ▸
Survivor X - Champion Crowned Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.