© OFFICIAL 2012 RED SOX REDEMPTION THREAD © Topic

Posted by inkdskn on 8/25/2012 12:58:00 PM (view original):
Are you guys kinda ****** that BOS gave up Rizzo for Gonzalez, or are you just "over it" now? The whole thing seems like a waste for BOS - lose Rizzo, have Gonzalez for 1-2 years, and now - not much to show for it. Maybe the prospects will amount to something, but it seems like the whole thing's gotta leave a sour taste in your mouth. I know you're happy to see Crawford (and maybe Beckett) go, but losing Rizzo/Gonzalez is a pretty steep price to shed CC/Beckett's contracts.
not just rizzo, but casey kelly.  
8/27/2012 7:28 AM
i guess ink, my feeling is...that ship has sailed.  if a few things broke differently last year, we're not having this conversation.  unfortunately, the move did not pan out.  i dont think anyone expected the pitching to go this far into the tank.  the mistake of the gonzalez and crawford and lackey deals was that the sox lost the flexibility to make moves to shore up unexpected weaknesses.  this trade at least allows the sox to start over.  if its broke, do what you can to fix it.
8/27/2012 7:47 AM
Lol, I forgot about that terrible Lackey deal. Is he dead?

That Casey Kelly guy is making his MLB debut against ATL tonight.
8/27/2012 1:46 PM
His arm fell off.
8/27/2012 4:16 PM
Aceves, who served the final game of a team-imposed three-game suspension Monday, will be required to travel to Anaheim on his own for Tuesday's series opener against the Angels, the Boston Globe reports.

Aceves is not allowed to travel west with teammates on the team's charter. Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine expects Aceves to be in California on Tuesday ready to pitch.

(rotowire.com)

How infantile of the Red Sox ownership to make him "pay his own way" to go to work for them.  At least he gave them what they deserved last night.
8/29/2012 9:21 AM
Could have been their way of saying "We'd rather you not show up".
8/29/2012 9:28 AM
Then they should have suspended him longer.  Just found a picture of Henry, Werner, and Lucchino before their last meeting.

8/29/2012 9:43 AM
Pedroia doesn't know how to lie well.
8/30/2012 10:03 AM
I disagree......if 75% of what he said was lies, he did 50% of it pretty well
8/30/2012 12:35 PM
BeatDown
9/1/2012 1:37 AM
LOOKIN LIKE THE PATSIES, PRE-CHEATING
9/1/2012 6:06 AM
"DUST-UP" BETWEEN MALCONTENTS PEDROIA+ ACEVES IN DUGOUT. PEDROIA WOULDN'T SHIFT WHERE THEY WANTED HIM

WONDER WHO THE RACIST SAWKS FANS WILL BACK, PEDROIA THE WHITE, "SPUNKY" GUTTY PLAYER OR ACEVES, THE HISPANIC HEADCASE?
9/2/2012 7:07 PM

VALENTINE HATES HISPANICS!!!!

"That's just Alfredo being Alfredo and Dustin being a baseball player," Valentine told reporters.

9/2/2012 7:54 PM
RACISTS TO THE KORE!!!!!
9/2/2012 8:15 PM
A's just put the fork in the Sux. About to become irrelevant for quite awhile.
9/3/2012 1:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...20 Next ▸
© OFFICIAL 2012 RED SOX REDEMPTION THREAD © Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.