© OFFICIAL 2012 RED SOX REDEMPTION THREAD © Topic

ehhh we're already off to a good start

sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/John-Lackey-needs-Tommy-John-surgery-won-8217-

and if we replay the 2011 season with the same ************, we probably still win the WS more often than the ******* cardinals do.  so there's always that.
11/1/2011 2:57 PM
upgrade in RF for sure....Salty does not make me feel 'set' behind the plate....several spots on the pitching staff can be upgraded

I'm OK with 1B, 2B, LF (he gets 1 more year with me), and CF....

I can live with, but would love to see something better at 3B (if Youk can get right, he's fine...but aging rapidly is a phrase that comes to mind), and SS (for reasons previously discussed in this thread)

DH--kind of the wild card.....Ortiz did have a great season, but I don't see him holding up through a multi year deal and his money could certainly find somebody to put up numbers....plus, he's been kind of a PMSer far too often...
11/1/2011 3:08 PM
i'm perfectly fine with scoot and salty being the weak links in our lineup, since they're really not all that bad.

agree wrt crawford and obviously ellsbury, gonzalez, and pedroia are all great.  ortiz's production isn't getting replaced whether we re-sign him or not, but he's just a DH and the offense wasn't the problem so w/e.  the area where this team sucked is pitching, most notably SPs not named lester or beckett.  the main difference between us and the skanks was that the skanks luckboxed solid years from Nova, Colon, and Garcia while we had Lackey and Weiland getting shelled.  If we can get one or two solid SP4/SP5 types from the scrap heap, that's really all we need to scoot into the playoffs.
11/1/2011 3:25 PM
pedroia, ellsbury and agon win gold gloves

Red Sox with 3 Gold Glovers for 3rd time: 1979 (Burleson, Evans, Lynn) and 1968 (Scott, Smith, Yaz)
11/2/2011 12:26 AM
Posted by deanod on 11/1/2011 3:25:00 PM (view original):
i'm perfectly fine with scoot and salty being the weak links in our lineup, since they're really not all that bad.

agree wrt crawford and obviously ellsbury, gonzalez, and pedroia are all great.  ortiz's production isn't getting replaced whether we re-sign him or not, but he's just a DH and the offense wasn't the problem so w/e.  the area where this team sucked is pitching, most notably SPs not named lester or beckett.  the main difference between us and the skanks was that the skanks luckboxed solid years from Nova, Colon, and Garcia while we had Lackey and Weiland getting shelled.  If we can get one or two solid SP4/SP5 types from the scrap heap, that's really all we need to scoot into the playoffs.
think we need a decent pitching coach.  

List of Sox pitchers that sucked in 2011:

Lackey
Weiland
Matsuzaka
Wake
Miller
Albers
Jenks
Doubront

Not that there's a lot of stars in that list, but I have to think they either got supremely unlucky or the pitching coach blew chunks for them all to have crap years.

11/3/2011 3:23 AM
Ortiz crying again: "I thought I was a priority here...but I guess not" WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

he did some amazing things here, but it is time to set him sail
11/4/2011 9:22 AM
guess he was expecting the jeter treatment where he just gets a ridiculous extension that far exceeds his market value.

wouldn't be surprised if he finds a dry market out there and comes crawling back.
11/4/2011 9:29 AM
Posted by edsortails on 11/4/2011 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Ortiz crying again: "I thought I was a priority here...but I guess not" WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

he did some amazing things here, but it is time to set him sail
Maybe he'll have more time to dedicate to finding out why he failed a PED test. 
11/4/2011 9:32 AM
SET HIM SAIL? THAT DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT
11/4/2011 9:33 AM
"Set his bail" maybe?
11/4/2011 10:16 AM
"Send him mail"?
11/4/2011 10:17 AM
"Tend his ale"?
11/4/2011 10:18 AM
"Go to hell"?
11/4/2011 10:37 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/4/2011 10:37:00 AM (view original):
"Go to hell"?
It's like a moth to a flame with you isn't it Mike? You just can't keep your nose out of Red Sox business!
11/4/2011 11:59 AM
More like driving past a car wreck.   You don't want to look but you just can't help it.
11/4/2011 3:21 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...20 Next ▸
© OFFICIAL 2012 RED SOX REDEMPTION THREAD © Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.