© OFFICIAL 2012 RED SOX REDEMPTION THREAD © Topic

Beckett, A-Gone, Crawford, Punto to the LaD for Loney & four others......this changes things a bit
8/24/2012 7:47 PM
Kind of ironic that in order to get Beckett, the Red Sox had to take on Lowell...and now Beckett is one of the throw-ins for the Dodgers to get AGon.
8/24/2012 8:01 PM
Beckett is reportedly involved in a potential blockbuster trade that would also send Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Nick Punto to the Dodgers in exchange for James Loney and prospects, WEEI.com reports.

It's important to note that nothing is official here, but as reported, the Red Sox would get Loney along with Rubby De La Rosa, Ivan De Jesus and Jerry Sands in the deal.

(rotowire.com)
8/24/2012 8:14 PM
Welcome to bottomlee's post of 7:47.
8/24/2012 8:34 PM
De La Rosa would have to be a player to be named later.  He got claimed on waivers by the Blue Jays.
8/24/2012 10:53 PM
I don't care if it is a pile of turds to be named later, this is glorious........Silent Ben, who to this point has been not much more than a hand firmly up his rear puppet, would deserve a ton of credit if he could fix this many of Ego's mistakes all in one deal.........unthinkable, really.........
8/25/2012 12:01 AM
Ya, I'm not sure why the Dodgers would take Crawford though. He's damaged goods. The Red Sox would jump at this just for LA taking Beckett off their hands.
8/25/2012 1:56 AM
Crawford actually was doing ok in the handful of games he played this season.....not worth the $$$, but was ok......I'd bet he'll rebound outta the spotlight
8/25/2012 8:14 AM
You think LA is out of the spotlight?
8/25/2012 8:55 AM
Not Punto!
8/25/2012 9:26 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 8/25/2012 8:55:00 AM (view original):
You think LA is out of the spotlight?
Compared to Boston....yes.
8/25/2012 9:26 AM
Are you guys kinda ****** that BOS gave up Rizzo for Gonzalez, or are you just "over it" now? The whole thing seems like a waste for BOS - lose Rizzo, have Gonzalez for 1-2 years, and now - not much to show for it. Maybe the prospects will amount to something, but it seems like the whole thing's gotta leave a sour taste in your mouth. I know you're happy to see Crawford (and maybe Beckett) go, but losing Rizzo/Gonzalez is a pretty steep price to shed CC/Beckett's contracts.
8/25/2012 12:58 PM
I think most Sux fans would give up a child to be rid of Beckett. 
8/25/2012 1:22 PM
Rizzo for A-Gone was a good move at the time....he seemed like a good citizen & hits the hell outta the ball.  Then, last year he started whineing about "playing too many sunday night games" and playing the NyY too much......I like to think that;s when the team management started to wonder about him.  The cam text-gate with him this season, and him complaining about the media wanting to talk to the players too much, and I think they thought it was time to move on.

Theo seemed to like the idea of building up prospects and swapping them for proving big leaguers.  A few of the sportswriters up here believe thats what he did with Hanley as well, even  though it turned out he was pretty good.  So, Rizzo wasnt a huge loss.  Xander Bogaerts is next next thing coming up in a year or two. 

And it seems that people were mad at Crawford for the money, which wasnt his fault.  Much like JD Drew, he wasnt worth nearly that much.  But who is going to turn down that amount?   If Drew or Crawford earned 8-10 mil, most people would have been fine with them.
8/25/2012 2:45 PM
And personally, I'd like to see them offer a couple of HUGE one year deals to see what would happen for next season.....They are gonna resign Ortiz to a big 1 year deal, so why not offer J Hamilton 1 yr, 25-28 mil.  See what happens then.....If he plays his *** off, it'll be worth it, if he gets hurt, move on.....Either that or they are gathering up mucho prospects to throw at Sea for the King.....we shall see I guess
8/25/2012 2:48 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...20 Next ▸
© OFFICIAL 2012 RED SOX REDEMPTION THREAD © Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.