New here, without throwing power or throwing accuracy attributes for QB's, what attributes do you consider the most important for QB's?
10/12/2011 10:31 PM
technique, game instinct and elusiveness for me.
strength isn't hugely important to me but i do like it to be at a certain rating depending on the level and what kind of offense i'm running.
10/12/2011 10:34 PM
Directly from the players guide:

Position Core Attributes Secondary Attributes    
QB Strength, Game Instinct, Technique Stamina, Athleticism, Elusiveness

10/13/2011 11:50 AM
Tech, GI, Str in that order, although strength doesn't seem to have too much effect IMO.  In this engine, elu, speed, and ath is pretty helpful for scrambling instead of taking a sack.
10/13/2011 12:00 PM
I'll agree with the STR attribute.  You can be pretty effective on offense with a QB who's got good GI and TECH ratings, but a not so good STR rating, running a conservative offense.  To me, it seems you'd want a strong STR rating on your QB if you'll be running a more aggressive offense.
10/13/2011 12:18 PM
I brought this back up because I have a question about STR myself. In looking at both the help and Yatzr's equations, they have strength as a very big category for a QB. More so than even for a RB. Yatzr makes it the most important criteria for a QB regardless of the whether a pocket passer or running QB. That seems odd to me. What does STR effect with a QB that makes it so important and do some of you vets agree with it being that important?
6/28/2017 2:15 AM
I think strength for a quarterback refers to arm strength in passing and ability to shed tackles when running. If you throw deep passes I think strength would be much more important than with short passes. Most coaches seem to be throwing short and medium passes and GI and technique are more of a priority for them.
6/28/2017 9:28 AM
I start with GD reports equations, which were finalized using forum polling and many posts and suggestions from some very good coaches. In those equations, Strength is not as important as Technique. I personally lower the importance of Strength even further and break it down this way:

27 TEQ
25 GI
20 STR
(12 ATH)
(8 ELU)
(8 SPD)
6/28/2017 1:27 PM
Pesonally, I probably value STR higher than most. You should also note that it is one of the core attributes of a QB as stated in the knowledge base so I think it is a bit folly to push it down too much.

STR is directly related to two things in particular that are appealing to my game style:

1. Accuracy.
2. Whether a QB decides to force a pass or throw it away.

7b. Receiver is covered -- the QB will either force the throw or move on to another target which basically goes back to 3. *** The decision to force the throw is based on the aggressiveness of the play call, the QB's GI, and his STR.

9. Determine the outcome of the throw. Is it a good throw?
*** This is based on the distance of the throw, the throwing window the QB has (relative "open-ness" of the receiver), and the QB's accuracy (TECH, STR).

6/28/2017 1:48 PM
For me most important is GI. Then tech. I don't look at str unless it is some awful low number, below 35-40 at 1A for example. I also look at a recruits GPA. 2.8 or above is my preferred level. If a QB is in the low 2's his formation IQ will always suffer.
6/28/2017 3:52 PM
I make sure GI, Tech, and GPA are all decent, then I look at work ethic and total rating. I believe all ratings are modifiers to some extent.
6/28/2017 4:38 PM
Posted by DKC on 10/13/2011 12:00:00 PM (view original):
Tech, GI, Str in that order, although strength doesn't seem to have too much effect IMO.  In this engine, elu, speed, and ath is pretty helpful for scrambling instead of taking a sack.
+1
6/28/2017 8:10 PM
Only 1 attribute matters; Durability (JAWS).
6/28/2017 11:31 PM
Posted by mojolad on 6/28/2017 11:31:00 PM (view original):
You forgot Blocking, qb's block for rb's. One of the most important attributes.
6/29/2017 4:16 AM
Posted by matthewjohns on 6/29/2017 4:16:00 AM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 6/28/2017 11:31:00 PM (view original):
You forgot Blocking, qb's block for rb's. One of the most important attributes.
Actually, it's tackling for after he throws the interception.
6/29/2017 8:57 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.