A little help for norbert Topic

Ok so i havent really paid much attention to GD in a while and havent really cared about it since conte majorly screwed it up and i started HBD but i have kept one team just to have one and it seems norbert is doing a great job communicating with the GD community and working on making it a better game. So this topic is to start with making suggestions on what you want to see done for the next BIG update whenever it rolls around. I will keep track of this for a few weeks and then post the results and try to figure how many votes each selection has so norbert can prioritize them and try to get things done little by little or work on finding a solution to the problems. Im not a big fan of GD anymore and could care less about it right now but i see norbert is making more of an effort in just a few weeks then conte did in a few years. Please post your suggestions here and I will keep track of them when i get a chance each day to see what needs to be worked on and what can be done to resolve the issues GD has and maybe norbert can make it a better game. I wont add any teams till i see it is worth playing so for now i will just recruit and let my WS team ride till next recruiting season. I know there is a suggestion area for this type of stuff but i hardly even check this forum anymore so i know i wouldnt ever check that one so thats why i posted it here. GL norbert on making this a better game in the future snd msybe we all can be satisfied with the outcome.
10/16/2011 3:23 AM
1) It would be nice if some of the randomness was cut out.
2) If an AC picks a recruit, at least have him be useable.  I think when ACs pick they start at the very bottom of the guys left.  Why not start at the top of what's left? Abandoned teams won't be so awful then either.
10/16/2011 10:05 AM
Um, we're going to do this again, really?  They knew what we wanted a few weeks ago.  They picked some "low hanging fruit" and are now working on an update.  Let's see how it turns out.  After they do their update, our needs may change.  That is the time to start a new wish list, not now.
10/16/2011 10:49 AM
Posted by cydrych on 10/16/2011 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Um, we're going to do this again, really?  They knew what we wanted a few weeks ago.  They picked some "low hanging fruit" and are now working on an update.  Let's see how it turns out.  After they do their update, our needs may change.  That is the time to start a new wish list, not now.
+1
10/16/2011 11:07 AM
Why dont we start a new wish list now so we can have them some insight on what we think needs to be changed so that way when they do have their big update they can have it all down to know what to look for and see if they can change it. Plus it gives norbert a heads up on what to look at before they start making decisions and he can give us feedback on if it can be changed or we will just have to stick it out.
10/16/2011 11:50 AM
Posted by mgm0461 on 10/16/2011 11:07:00 AM (view original):
+1

+1

10/16/2011 12:27 PM
+1       (one step at a time)
10/16/2011 1:33 PM
Whatever guys. You all get on here and cry like a bunch of babies about the game then you want to take it a little at a time. If WIS takes it a little at a time we will still be talking about a big update 5 years from now. I thought this would be a good idea but obviously you cry babies think different so screw it hope you have a fun time complaining about the game years down the road. I'm down to one team and don't even look at it except for recruiting but I will prob be done with GD soon because of the people that play the game. Don't complain if you don't want to see results just sit here and cry how your ****** team just lost to a sim or recruiting is so hard because you dont know how to recruit against a sim team.  They arent changing much with this update to see anything anyways. Wow you get to look at a players profile and see his position IQ. Thats gonna make a huge change in the game, let me sign up for a 10 season package since we are getting so much to lool forward to.
10/16/2011 1:48 PM
No, what's really gonna make a huge change in the game is Gino starting yet another thread on suggested changes lol

Gino vs the SimAI, still one of the most epic rivalries GD has ever known.
10/16/2011 1:53 PM
Wish #1, Gino sticks to HBD.  Wish #2, No more wish lists.  Wish #3, dissolve the USPS.  Sorry, PIague, I am broke and dry-mouthed from licking $10 stamps for recruiting letters.  Wish #4, appoint Fermor as the spelling Czar.  As he has noted, GD misspells every high school with "Washington" in it's name as "Washingtoin."  It should be spelled, "Wahseengtwn."  (luv you Fermor)  Wish #5, a 537 team conference including all the divisions (DIA through DIII), FC Dynasty and the now defunct Clutch Racing Dynasty.  It's a round-robin format and it should increase TV revenue.  Moranis has the details.  Wish #6, eliminate the use of "Jerome Bettis-style" from AC scouting trip emails.  This is my second favorite sexual position and I now get some really weird looks when I request it in bed.  Thanks GD for ruining a good thing.  Wish # 7, Vonage.  Enough with $10 phone calls.  It's hard times out there.  Wish #8, eliminate "the ND Box."  Outdated and really quite pompous for Conte to name an offense after his prison moniker. Wish #9, eliminate the prestige boost for Middle Tennessee State and Depaul.  We know it exists and it just isn't fair.  Wish #10, get rid of the core attribute boost function.  Knowing to hit cntl+shift+f4+f5 on the screen shot of new recruits dumbs down the game IMHO.  Wish #11, the ability to pre-set recruiting options for a five-year period.  I like to set it and check back every 1/2 decade.  Wish #12, more randomness.  When I click on a Campus Visit, I want to travel to an alternative universe or hyperlink to a Norwegian blog discussing nude Curling.  Life is too mundane.  Wish #13, monthly fireside chats with Grindi where he gripes about how CV visits used to cost a buffalo nickel when he was a kid and how he walked uphill---both ways---on a HC recruiting visit.  Wish #14, less emphasis on Booster gifts and more on Booster punishments...of the recruits...for not signing with my school.  Kids are too spoiled nowadays.  No "Boom Box" for you---by the way, what's a "Boom Box"...but I promise not to shatter your headlights or push a family member down the stairs.  Spare the rod, spoil the recruit.  Wish #15, a head shot of your AD and AC.  With names like Jose Chang and Roosevelt Epstein, I really don't know where to draw the line when I forward them racist email jokes.  FYI we do "everything by email here."  Wish #16, more recruits with two eye patches.  Wish #17, a 12-hour halftime show starting at 2:30 am EST with Corky from "Life Goes On" and Mystikal.  Wish #18, the ability to hear my PBP read by James Lipton.  Wish #19, a new car smell.  Wish #20, a hold on recruiting during Festivus.  I mean really.  From the recruiting messages, there is a high percentage of Black and Latino recruits--in the year 2011---that are Seinfeld fans and celebrate it.  A little respect.
10/16/2011 2:20 PM (edited)
10/16/2011 2:16 PM
Posted by potter444 on 10/16/2011 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Wish #1, Gino sticks to HBD.  Wish #2, No more wish lists.  Wish #3, dissolve the USPS.  Sorry, PIague, I am broke and dry-mouthed from licking $10 stamps for recruiting letters.  Wish #4, appoint Fermor as the spelling Czar.  As he has noted, GD misspells every high school with "Washington" in it's name as "Washingtoin."  It should be spelled, "Wahseengtwn."  (luv you Fermor)  Wish #5, a 537 team conference including all the divisions (DIA through DIII), FC Dynasty and the now defunct Clutch Racing Dynasty.  It's a round-robin format and it should increase TV revenue.  Moranis has the details.  Wish #6, eliminate the use of "Jerome Bettis-style" from AC scouting trip emails.  This is my second favorite sexual position and I now get some really weird looks when I request it in bed.  Thanks GD for ruining a good thing.  Wish # 7, Vonage.  Enough with $10 phone calls.  It's hard times out there.  Wish #8, eliminate "the ND Box."  Outdated and really quite pompous for Conte to name an offense after his prison moniker. Wish #9, eliminate the prestige boost for Middle Tennessee State and Depaul.  We know it exists and it just isn't fair.  Wish #10, get rid of the core attribute boost function.  Knowing to hit cntl+shift+f4+f5 on the screen shot of new recruits dumbs down the game IMHO.  Wish #11, the ability to pre-set recruiting options for a five-year period.  I like to set it and check back every 1/2 decade.  Wish #12, more randomness.  When I click on a Campus Visit, I want to travel to an alternative universe or hyperlink to a Norwegian blog discussing nude Curling.  Life is too mundane.  Wish #13, monthly fireside chats with Grindi where he gripes about how CV visits used to cost a buffalo nickel when he was a kid and how he walked uphill---both ways---on a HC recruiting visit.  Wish #14, less emphasis on Booster gifts and more on Booster punishments...of the recruits...for not signing with my school.  Kids are too spoiled nowadays.  No "Boom Box" for you---by the way, what's a "Boom Box"...but I promise not to shatter your headlights or push a family member down the stairs.  Spare the rod, spoil the recruit.  Wish #15, a head shot of your AD and AC.  With names like Jose Chang and Roosevelt Epstein, I really don't know where to draw the line when I forward them racist email jokes.  FYI we do "everything by email here."  Wish #16, more recruits with two eye patches.  Wish #17, a 12-hour halftime show starting at 2:30 am EST with Corky from "Life Goes On" and Mystikal.  Wish #18, the ability to hear my PBP read by James Lipton.  Wish #19, a new car smell.  Wish #20, a hold on recruiting during Festivus.  I mean really.  From the recruiting messages, there is a high percentage of Black and Latino recruits--in the year 2011---that are Seinfeld fans and celebrate it.  A little respect.
LOL
10/16/2011 2:48 PM
Posted by potter444 on 10/16/2011 2:20:00 PM (view original):
Best . . . Post . . . Ever
10/17/2011 1:10 AM
Great post, potter. Way funny!
10/17/2011 8:40 AM

Wow...my head is still spinning.

I say we hijack the thread with Potter's post and just start voting for the best Wish made.

WISH #17
10/17/2011 9:43 AM
12 Next ▸
A little help for norbert Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.