Posted by augie_ojeda on 11/12/2011 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Here is a question and it is a serious one: Sandusky is free right now on bail, supposedly he was seen at a Dick's sporting goods in PSU gear, how come this man doesn't commit suicide?  It seems a great chance is being taken by even letting this man go free on bail.  Given everything that has come out, given what the future has in store for him, why has Sandusky not yet committed suicide? thoughts?
I wouldn't be surprised to see him murdered.
Which begs the question, "why the hell is he out on bail"? 
Isn't putting someone out on bail predicated on the fact that he/she isn't a flight risk (you have to think that he is, given the resources he must have and what he is facing), isn't a danger to society (really, how can this guy not still be looked at as dangerous?) and isn't in danger, himself (it just seems that he obviously is)?
11/12/2011 11:48 AM
It just makes no sense Kcden.  I can't even imagine the fact that this guy was not in a jail last night. 
11/12/2011 12:16 PM
It would be interesting to see what the details were in the ROR deal and what the bail was? In general, what do accused pedophiles get when it comes to these type of instances? Are we surrounded by accused pedophiles out on bail?
11/12/2011 12:35 PM
The timeline I read said Bail was $100k
11/12/2011 12:36 PM
Which seems REALLY low, given the circumstances.
11/12/2011 12:36 PM
If you search "bail for pedophiles", 100k is pretty high.   Seems almost insane, given the circumstances, but I guess it's from the legal handbook.   Precedent and what have you.
11/13/2011 7:25 AM
Posted by kcden on 11/12/2011 11:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by augie_ojeda on 11/12/2011 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Here is a question and it is a serious one: Sandusky is free right now on bail, supposedly he was seen at a Dick's sporting goods in PSU gear, how come this man doesn't commit suicide?  It seems a great chance is being taken by even letting this man go free on bail.  Given everything that has come out, given what the future has in store for him, why has Sandusky not yet committed suicide? thoughts?
I wouldn't be surprised to see him murdered.
Which begs the question, "why the hell is he out on bail"? 
Isn't putting someone out on bail predicated on the fact that he/she isn't a flight risk (you have to think that he is, given the resources he must have and what he is facing), isn't a danger to society (really, how can this guy not still be looked at as dangerous?) and isn't in danger, himself (it just seems that he obviously is)?
Here is the fvcked up answer.

On par with the rest of the case so far.
11/14/2011 6:58 AM
I guess it helps to get out on bail, if the judge is a volunteer at the the charity youu set up to find children to rape.
11/14/2011 11:28 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/10/2011 11:21:00 AM (view original):

How in the hell does this woman keep her mouth shut for 13 years?

I dont think she did, I believe she went to authorities and had a conversation with Sandusky listened to by the cops but the DA did not move the case forward.  That same DA disappeared 7 years later.
11/14/2011 4:31 PM
Media?  Or even the threat of going public?
11/14/2011 5:54 PM
Sandusky claims he showered with them and touched them in non-sexual ways.   I bet the son of a ***** walks.   McQuery is going to be the only witness and I'd go as far to say his word is ****.  Beyond that, it's one man's word against another's. 
11/15/2011 8:49 AM
its 20 boy's words + McQueery + anyone the kids told when it happened -  against one man.
11/15/2011 8:52 AM
10 years later.   And, if the kids told anyone 10 years ago, I'm not putting much stock in their word either.  
11/15/2011 8:56 AM
Not all of the victims go back 10 years.

And it's not like this is being tried in some rural county court.  I've got to assume that the state attorney general's office has a pretty good conviction record.
11/15/2011 9:07 AM
7 years, 5 years, 10 years, what's the difference?   McQ was 2002, right?  That's your eyewitness.  If there are no medical records or at least official complaints filed, there's not much evidence. 
11/15/2011 9:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13...20 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.