another sick question..... if they knew this day of reckoning was coming, that the story was going to hit...

why did they wait until the day/week after joepa caught eddie robinson? who controlled holding the press?
its like the judicial system did him a favor, wait till he gets the record.

11/16/2011 7:56 PM (edited)

The story was first reported in the spring. 

11/16/2011 8:08 PM
It's gonna be alot of books and two movies.

The first movie is the cheapie television version.

The second movie is the big hollywood production.

I wonder who plays what parts.
11/16/2011 8:09 PM
Tom Cruise would make a great Sandusky.
11/16/2011 9:29 PM
Jack Nicholson as Joe Paterno
11/17/2011 2:35 PM (edited)
Posted by outbacker on 11/17/2011 2:35:00 PM (view original):
Jack Nicholson as Joe Paterno
Jack could revive his classic "You can't handle the truth." line.  It would be perfect.
11/17/2011 5:41 PM
Who's gonna Play McQueary?
11/17/2011 7:05 PM
Posted by outbacker on 11/17/2011 7:05:00 PM (view original):
Who's gonna Play McQueary?
Carrot Top.
11/18/2011 8:25 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/11/2011 3:46:00 PM (view original):
I don't think the NCAA will do anything.   I think anyone associated with the program before 2003 or so will have to go. 
Oops. 
7/23/2012 9:33 AM
Does anybody here know the protocol that would need to be followed for current PSU players to go to other schools if they wish?  Can other schools coaches/AD's contact players they might be interested in, or is the onus on the players to seek out new schools should they want to transfer away from PSU?

I seem to remember while watching the ESPN documentary on the SMU Death Penalty case that after the DP was handed down that coaches from all around the country descended upon the SMU campus to essentially recruit players.  Granted, this is different as PSU's program is still intact, but I'm just wondering how the process works.
7/23/2012 9:07 PM
Posted by moranis on 11/15/2011 9:38:00 AM (view original):
Showering with the kids is against the law, certainly not the same level of offense, but it is still a violation.  He will be convicted of that offense alone and when you add up the times, etc. I bet he gets jail time just for that. 

I don't think this ever goes to trial, he will agree to a deal and go away for 10 years (or something like that) and then it will just be all the civil trials.
LOLZ
7/23/2012 10:22 PM
I was going to  bump this today; I saw somebody else did already.  Anybody else disapointed the PSU punishment wasn't more severe?  I thought they deserved minimum 4 years with no football games whatsoever.  I'd have given them 10
7/23/2012 10:26 PM
From a football standpoint, they got crushed.  Essentially recruiting is dead for the next three years.  With the expected exodus of the lower classmen(why would they stick around knowing they'll never win or play in a bowl?), PSU is looking at 3-9 seasons for the next 5-7 seasons. Then they can start rebuilding the program.  But it will never be the same as it was in the 80s.   Of course, after this season, they'll still make a lot of money because PSU fans are still going to be PSU fans.   They may curse Sandusky and even speak ill of Paterno but alumni and State College residents aren't going to turn their back on the program.

From a human standpoint, nothing was really going to "enough" or actually "undo" the damage.  The people involved in the cover-up will go to jail, if they don't take the easy way out and die first, but that doesn't change what happened.  The victims always have to live with the crime.
7/24/2012 9:10 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 7/23/2012 9:07:00 PM (view original):
Does anybody here know the protocol that would need to be followed for current PSU players to go to other schools if they wish?  Can other schools coaches/AD's contact players they might be interested in, or is the onus on the players to seek out new schools should they want to transfer away from PSU?

I seem to remember while watching the ESPN documentary on the SMU Death Penalty case that after the DP was handed down that coaches from all around the country descended upon the SMU campus to essentially recruit players.  Granted, this is different as PSU's program is still intact, but I'm just wondering how the process works.
I would imagine coaches would be allowed to contact the kids.  But most colleges have used their 25 scholarships for this season.    I can't imagine a big-time school like USC or Alabama sitting on an unused scholarship. 
7/24/2012 9:12 AM
Just heard that the top players are being bombarded with calls from coaches. 
7/24/2012 9:26 AM
◂ Prev 1...11|12|13|14|15...20 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.