This Michigan State issue is apparently much more like Baylor than Penn State. Seems like gross levels of lack of oversight at every level, lack of investigating credible complaints, etc.
1/30/2018 12:59 PM
Pretty much just varied versions of "look the other way because I don't want to know" at PSU.
1/30/2018 2:46 PM
both have epic levels of disbelief in how these guys got away with what they were doing for as long as they did
1/31/2018 12:17 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/30/2018 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Pretty much just varied versions of "look the other way because I don't want to know" at PSU.
It is way different than PSU. In the PSU situation, a coach was molesting young boys. No students were involved, there didn't seem to be any real complaints, etc.

MSU is way different. The sexual abuse was by an employee, like PSU, but unlike PSU actual students were being abused (athletes no less), the students made formal complaints that were ignored, etc. In addition, it appears that programs outside of gymnastics also had formal complaints involving sexual misconduct that were ignored including the football program. That is a much closer match for what was going on at Baylor than what was going on at PSU. There just seemed to be a university wide culture at MSU affecting multiple programs, all levels of the administration, etc.
1/31/2018 12:58 PM
Posted by moranis on 1/31/2018 12:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/30/2018 2:46:00 PM (view original):
It is way different than PSU. In the PSU situation, a coach was molesting young boys. No students were involved, there didn't seem to be any real complaints, etc.

MSU is way different. The sexual abuse was by an employee, like PSU, but unlike PSU actual students were being abused (athletes no less), the students made formal complaints that were ignored, etc. In addition, it appears that programs outside of gymnastics also had formal complaints involving sexual misconduct that were ignored including the football program. That is a much closer match for what was going on at Baylor than what was going on at PSU. There just seemed to be a university wide culture at MSU affecting multiple programs, all levels of the administration, etc.
PSU issue was brought to the attention of several people. That's why Paterno/Sandusky weren't the only casualties.

While MSU may be more widespread thru various sports, both administrations were looking to other way in order to not hurt the programs.
1/31/2018 1:03 PM

they're both the same

children should be seen and not heard in the great white north we call Big Ten Country

nebraska and iowa don't belong but notre dame does
1/31/2018 1:09 PM
Children should probably avoid the B10 altogether.
1/31/2018 1:18 PM
Ah yes because 31 Baylor football players allegedly committed 52 rapes which the school knew about, but these things only happen in the Big Ten.
1/31/2018 2:07 PM
Well, I'm not saying they should head down to Waco. They have lots of problems down that way as well.
1/31/2018 2:11 PM
they rape adults and don't hide it in Texas
1/31/2018 2:28 PM
I am so proud we only cheat in the ACC....lol
2/14/2018 6:44 PM
Posted by holdaway on 2/14/2018 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Don't forget about stealing crab legs.
2/16/2018 11:13 AM
Posted by all3 on 2/16/2018 11:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by holdaway on 2/14/2018 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Don't forget about stealing crab legs.
Jameis Winston. Man, I remember him seeing an ESPN report on him stealing CRAB LEGS!!!
2/28/2018 10:27 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.