Cam Newton GOAT Thread Topic

wow...you don't see the reverse incorrect use of you're very often....it is almost always people not using it when they should

HISTORY IS MADE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/29/2011 1:10 PM
well that's what you get when you sort by fewest interceptions, and that's pretty much all you harp on in any QB debate ever.  so the fact that those rankings look ridiculous show you how ******* dumb that argument is.  cam has 19 TOVs to dalton's 15, that's not a huge margin.

other than that cam rapes in pretty much every area (in case you didn't notice he has more total TD's because he's going to break the record for QB rushing TD's in a season).

but you have such an ego that you entirely avoid establishing that your thoughts are logically consistent so you evade pretty much anything that shows that you're full of **** and contradict yourself all the time.  instead you basically just said "MIKE AGREES THAT DALTON IS BETTER!" when he's one person who's an outed newton hater, and you won't stake anything on other people agreeing with you.  it's a terrible way to settle an argument anyway, but i mean damn if you think it's worth something and that it's in your favor at least put your money where your mouth is.

really don't even know why i bother to engage with you.  you're the worst to have a logical discussion with.
11/29/2011 1:10 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 11/29/2011 1:07:00 PM (view original):
So in other words, "Throw out all the stats Cam is superior in, give some frivolous not a winner remark, and wham-o Dalton is better."

omg somebody agrees with me!

just 3 more people and i win a prize!

11/29/2011 1:11 PM
if you give Gabbert either the Panthers or the Bengals offenses, he puts up numbers that would scare the pants off of all of you haters
11/29/2011 1:15 PM
So in other words, "Throw out all the stats Cam is superior in, give some frivolous not a winner remark, and wham-o Dalton is better."
Are you a deano alias?  Because all he does is flaunt the stats Cam is good in and disregards everything else, including wins.
11/29/2011 1:21 PM
Posted by deanod on 11/29/2011 1:10:00 PM (view original):
well that's what you get when you sort by fewest interceptions, and that's pretty much all you harp on in any QB debate ever.  so the fact that those rankings look ridiculous show you how ******* dumb that argument is.  cam has 19 TOVs to dalton's 15, that's not a huge margin.

other than that cam rapes in pretty much every area (in case you didn't notice he has more total TD's because he's going to break the record for QB rushing TD's in a season).

but you have such an ego that you entirely avoid establishing that your thoughts are logically consistent so you evade pretty much anything that shows that you're full of **** and contradict yourself all the time.  instead you basically just said "MIKE AGREES THAT DALTON IS BETTER!" when he's one person who's an outed newton hater, and you won't stake anything on other people agreeing with you.  it's a terrible way to settle an argument anyway, but i mean damn if you think it's worth something and that it's in your favor at least put your money where your mouth is.

really don't even know why i bother to engage with you.  you're the worst to have a logical discussion with.
Uh, I didn't agree.    I don't think much of Newton but I said he's going to win ROY and O-ROY.    He was putting up historical passing yards and rushing TDs while every talking head on ESPN cockslobbered him.   He's prone to stupid decisions when you don't need a QB to make a stupid decision but ESPN isn't going to show his mistakes while cockslobbering him.  

I'd take Dalton over Newton but I have an irrational hate for ******* who smile and grin their way thru college while pulling every scam/cheat possible.
11/29/2011 1:23 PM
Posted by deanod on 11/29/2011 1:11:00 PM (view original):

omg somebody agrees with me!

just 3 more people and i win a prize!

Did you fail Kindergarten too?

"Little Deano, what's five minus one?"..."FREE!!!"
11/29/2011 1:30 PM
I'll take a QB who minimizes mistakes over a QB who hurts my team any day.  And total INTs and TDs don't matter when looking at TD% and INT%.  That measures frequency.  And Dalton hurts his team at a lower frequency than Newton and throws TD passes at a significantly higher frequency.

So did I say 'the best QB is the one who throws the fewest INTs!'? No.  But efficiency is better than flash.  12 TDs and 2 INTs. is better than 25 TDs and 20 INTs, no matter how you slice it.
11/29/2011 1:33 PM
you pretty much argue that whenever it fits in your favor, even it's by the slimmest of margins.

even if i throw out stats that count for passing TD's and INTs, you just say "BUT THE INTERCEPTIONS!  BUT THE INTERCEPTIONS!"

so yes, i realize the value of not turning the ball over.  you simply don't realize the value of moving the ball down the field

PS i count as one, suck my dick.
11/29/2011 1:39 PM
No, I said find five who agree with you...that implies five others, if you understand english.

It's hilarious what a hypocrite you are though. "But you argue whatever fits in your favour!!"  Just like you with Cam.  Cam has lots of INTs - they don't matter. Cam has only 3 wins - they don't matter. Cam sucks in pressure situations - that doesn't matter.  Cam has lots of yards and yards/attempt - SWEET! NOW THAT MATTERS!!!

Nice to meet you pot. I'm kettle.
11/29/2011 1:44 PM
You're making it sound like Dalton is at 12 and 2 and Newton is at 25 and 20 and that isn't the case.

Dalton is at 16 TD and 12 INT. (The same as the great Jon Kitna had last season)

Newton is at 12 and 14. Not including his 10 rushing TD's.
There is no value of moving the ball downfield if you're just going to hand it to the other team before you put points on the board.   You seem to be incapable of understanding this.
Ok...     Here is what Deano is likely saying (and correct me if I am wrong, Deano...)   The HUGE discrepancy in yardage gained overcomes the smaller discrepancy of turnovers.  Cam is WAY ahead in productivity in yards and total TDs produced, and Dalton is slightly ahead in turnovers (19 for Cam and 15 for Dalton).  Just what I took from his argument.  Which sounds valid to me.  Even if he is a Patriots fan.  And....  I'll add this....  we would all be talking about more wins that Cam had produced if his defense was as good as the Bengals has been.  Talk about flying under the radar....  Check out their stats.  They are  very decent.
11/29/2011 1:54 PM
Posted by eschwartz67 on 11/29/2011 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Ok...     Here is what Deano is likely saying (and correct me if I am wrong, Deano...)   The HUGE discrepancy in yardage gained overcomes the smaller discrepancy of turnovers.  Cam is WAY ahead in productivity in yards and total TDs produced, and Dalton is slightly ahead in turnovers (19 for Cam and 15 for Dalton).  Just what I took from his argument.  Which sounds valid to me.  Even if he is a Patriots fan.  And....  I'll add this....  we would all be talking about more wins that Cam had produced if his defense was as good as the Bengals has been.  Talk about flying under the radar....  Check out their stats.  They are  very decent.
That's basically the crux of it.  This is why ANY/A is a good stat- it accounts for sacks and gives a 20 yd bonus for TD's and a 45 yd penalty for INTs, so it's sort of a nice overall efficiency for passing stats that has more of a direct meaning than QB rating.

Cam beats Dalton 6.0 to 5.8, which shows that the INTs make it close but Newton still has the edge.  What makes it even a little better is that he attempts more passes so teams can key in on him a bit more in gameplanning.  What makes the gap way wider is the fact that Cam is a beast running the ball and Dalton is not.  He vultures passing TDs from himself by running it in, so naturally his passing TD's make him look like a significantly less effective red zone weapon than he really is.

So when you add up A + B + C it's not really a debate imo.  Never been a big believer in assigning W/L to one individual player, so I just discarded that part of the argument to avoid repetition.
11/29/2011 2:16 PM
I guess we should also take into account that 98% of Newton's INTs are good throws that are tipped or missed by his WRs. Dalton's are probably all lame ducks.
11/29/2011 2:17 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14...21 Next ▸
Cam Newton GOAT Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.