Cam Newton GOAT Thread Topic

Since the debate is Dalton or Newton for ROY your Tebow love is not necessary here. There's many other threads currently happening where your Tebow love can be shared. I saw one in the GD forum, make sure you hit that one up.

My point is that passer rating doesn't take into account running ability. Cam doesn't turn into another player when he's scoring rushing TD's. And if using passer rating shows them as close, his rushing ability easily puts him over the top.
11/29/2011 3:14 PM
This "debate" became moot after the Detroit game, and especially after the embarrassing near-loss to Indy last week.  And I have a feeling it's only going to get worse as Cam faces TB x2, ATL, HOU and NO in his last 5 games.
11/29/2011 3:29 PM
I simply asked if I could using running ability in my Tebow QB arguments.   You asked how many TDs he had.   jtpops pointed out that Tebow is a more effective runner.

If a slight change in topic confuses you, maybe you should leave the discussion to the big boys.
11/29/2011 5:30 PM
There's no confusion, Jt is just arguing with himself, he seems to be confused.

And yes, Tebow's running ability factors into his ability to play QB. The ability to run and get first downs and TD's has value.
11/29/2011 5:38 PM
Does the ability to "get a win" have value?

I only ask because linemen block on every pass or run.   Receivers have to catch the ball.  So Newton isn't getting those yards by himself.   Yet we seem to value his yards/TDs more than the wins that Tebow and Dalton have gotten because "It takes 53 men to get a win!!!"
11/29/2011 6:14 PM
The funny thing is, you know that if the situations were reversed, the first thing we'd hear out of deano and stine is "How many losses does Tebow have now?  Cam's a winner, baby!!"
11/29/2011 7:37 PM
Interesting article on this debate from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/hot?id=7291234
11/30/2011 8:21 PM
I stopped reading after the headline:

Wins matter more than anything

12/1/2011 6:17 PM
Yeah, nobody cares about a roundtable discussion between some dumb slut and John Clayton
12/1/2011 7:26 PM
Unless of course the dumb slut was the one drooling all over Cam's dong and Clayton was the one touting wins.  Then we'd hear "no one cares about a roundtable discussion between some stupid four-eyed dork and Ashley Fox."
12/1/2011 10:13 PM
I would have called Clayton a four eyed nerd anyway, but it comes with his name so I figured it was unnecessary.
12/1/2011 11:07 PM
While Cam's busy fighting for O-ROY, Adam Schefter is starting to make the case for Von Miller as D-ROY and DPOY. 

In short: #2 is turning out to be better than #1!!

"Miller's 10.5 sacks rank third in the league to DeMarcus Ware's 14. Miller has an NFL-high 18 quarterback hits. He has 26 quarterback hurries and, maybe as impressive as any stat, he has not missed a single tackle all season. The numbers prove that Miller not only should win the Defensive Rookie of the Year, but also is a legitimate candidate -- maybe even the leading contender -- for the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year ahead of Patrick Willis, Darrelle Revis or any other defensive player. No one has had a bigger impact than Miller."
12/2/2011 12:18 PM
He hasnt missed a tackle all season?  How do you prove that????  Adam Schefter can obviously just say things, and PRESTO!  Its so!
12/2/2011 12:22 PM
Guys miss tackles all the time. With all the stat companies/nerds out there, I'd imagine it's a trackable stat.  He was citing stats from a specific source, mentioned in the article.
12/2/2011 12:42 PM
Here's an article from profootballfocus.com, cited by Schefter, detailing Miller's accomplishments:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/stories-of-the-season-miller-much-more-than-the-roy/

"Miller is also the only linebacker in the league with more than 25 tackles that has yet to miss one."  I'm guessing it can be measured.
12/2/2011 12:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...21 Next ▸
Cam Newton GOAT Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.