Cam Newton GOAT Thread Topic

Look......   You keep taking ONE statement from a post and using it as if that were my whole F'N comment.  It wasnt.  What I said was...  AND I WILL SAY IT SLOWLY SO YOU GET IT...... 

S   o   m   e   t   i   m   e   s      a   n      i   n   c   o   m   p   l   e   t   i   o   n      i   s      m   o   r   e      h   a   r   m   f   u   l      t   h   a   n      a   n      i   n   t   e   r   c   e   p   t   i   o   n.

The hail mary at the end of the half was just ONE EXAMPLE of MANY. 
11/11/2011 4:23 PM
Uh, no.  An incompletion is NEVER more harmful than an interception.  Both may be meaningless but interception is never better than an incompletion. 
N E V E R ! ! ! 

Do you understand football?
11/11/2011 4:31 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/11/2011 4:31:00 PM (view original):
Uh, no.  An incompletion is NEVER more harmful than an interception.  Both may be meaningless but interception is never better than an incompletion. 
N E V E R ! ! ! 

Do you understand football?
I don't think that he meant that sometimes QB's will throw a pick and think "damn, well at least I didn't throw an incompletion!"  I mean there is the outlier case of throwing a deep pick on 4th down which is basically as good as a punt, but that's a rare case.

The point was that if you line up all of the INTs and incompletions thrown over the course of the season, some of the incompletions will be pretty high up there and some of the interceptions will be trivial.  Throw a pick on a hail mary at the end of the half?  No biggie.  Throw a pick down 21 with 2 mins left- who cares?  Miss a wide open receiver on 4th down trailing by 4 points with a minute left in the game?  That's pretty catastrophic.
11/11/2011 4:35 PM

Now you're just jabbering nonsense.   In the same situation, a pick is NEVER better than an incompletion.   Even in your deep pick on 4th down scenario.  First, the DB isn't going to pick it unless he thinks he can do something with it.  Second, if he thinks he can do something with it, he's obviously thinking long return/TD.   You don't return incompletions. 

Do YOU understand football?

11/11/2011 4:46 PM
just because the DB thinks he can do something with it doesn't mean he's right.  i remember a few years back the patriots were playing the chargers in a playoff game.  brady got picked on 4th down, pretty much ending the game for the patriots, until the chargers' safety who intercepted the ball fumbled and the pats recovered and won.  fun times.

sometimes DB's make mental errors, it's instinctual to catch the football.
11/11/2011 4:59 PM
So your answer is "No, I do not understand football".    The result you mention may have happened.   Nonetheless, an INT can be returned for 6.   The QB isn't tackling anyone.  The fat lineman are exhausted after 5 steps.  So you're counting on the DB running into somebody, falling down or a WR/TE/RB making the tackle.   Not better than an incompletion. 
11/11/2011 5:03 PM
so you think it's ALWAYS a good idea for DB's to try to intercept a throw instead of batting it down on 4th down?

maybe you're the one who doesn't understand football.

• N.Kaeding kicks 63 yards from SD 15 to NE 22. E.Hobbs to NE 37 for 15 yards (G.Camarillo, K.Osgood).
  • 1-10-NE 37 (8:28) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep middle to T.Brown (C.Polk) [C.Polk].
  • 2-10-NE 37 (8:22) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass deep middle to J.Gaffney to SD 46 for 17 yards (Q.Jammer).
  • 1-10-SD 46 (7:49) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to K.Faulk to SD 41 for 5 yards (D.Edwards).
  • 2-5-SD 41 (7:10) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete deep right to T.Brown [D.Edwards].
  • 3-5-SD 41 (7:04) (Shotgun) T.Brady sacked at SD 41 for 0 yards (S.Merriman).
  • 4-5-SD 41 (6:25) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle intended for T.Brown INTERCEPTED by M.McCree at SD 31. M.McCree to SD 34 for 3 yards (T.Brown). FUMBLES (T.Brown), RECOVERED by NE-R.Caldwell at SD 32. Play Challenged by SD and Upheld. (Timeout #1 by SD at 06:16.)
  • New England Patriots at 06:16
  • 1-10-SD 32 (6:16) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to J.Gaffney to SD 25 for 7 yards (Q.Jammer).
  • 2-3-SD 25 (5:35) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to B.Watson.
  • 3-3-SD 25 (5:31) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to J.Gaffney to SD 13 for 12 yards (A.Cromartie).
  • 1-10-SD 13 (4:46) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to B.Watson pushed ob at SD 4 for 9 yards (T.Kiel).
  • 2-1-SD 4 (4:41) T.Brady pass short left to R.Caldwell for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN. WATCH HIGHLIGHT
  • TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. K.Faulk rushes up the middle. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS. WATCH HIGHLIGHT
11/11/2011 5:07 PM
DEAN IS CONFIRMED RIGHT!

MIKET IS A NOOB WHO WANTS TO ENGAGE IN SINFUL CONDUCT WITH TEBOW!!!!
11/11/2011 5:08 PM
Congrats, you proved your example really happened.

You've proven that Mike has no clue what he's talking about - wait...no you haven't. My bad.
11/11/2011 5:28 PM

No, I said this:  "First, the DB isn't going to pick it unless he thinks he can do something with it.  Second, if he thinks he can do something with it, he's obviously thinking long return/TD.   You don't return incompletions."

And this:  "Both may be meaningless but interception is never better than an incompletion.  N E V E R ! ! !"

I think the DB is a professional who knows what he's doing.

11/11/2011 5:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/11/2011 5:32:00 PM (view original):

No, I said this:  "First, the DB isn't going to pick it unless he thinks he can do something with it.  Second, if he thinks he can do something with it, he's obviously thinking long return/TD.   You don't return incompletions."

And this:  "Both may be meaningless but interception is never better than an incompletion.  N E V E R ! ! !"

I think the DB is a professional who knows what he's doing.

Denarius Moore caught a punt at the 1 yard line last night.  Was that a good decision since he's a professional who knows what he's doing?

NFL players are humans.  They make mistakes.  A lot of them are dumb and especially prone to mental mistakes.
11/11/2011 5:35 PM
Perhaps.  But an incompletion is never worse than an interception.  Unless, of course, if was 4th down, the DB picked and immediately fumbled it into his endzone at which time time the offense jumped on it and won the game!!!!!!

Then we all ate the strawberry shortcake road that led to the land of free money!!!!
11/11/2011 5:38 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa......the land of free money?
11/11/2011 5:39 PM
Just follow the strawberry shortcake road...........
11/11/2011 5:43 PM
And we eat the strawberry shortcake road as we follow it?

Does Tim Tebow live at the land of free money?

Can we go there together this weekend?
11/11/2011 5:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...21 Next ▸
Cam Newton GOAT Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.