Recruiting - Post Update Topic

Posted by ermackey on 11/22/2011 1:24:00 PM (view original):
You are all missing the point. Sims are harder to beat than they have been - regardless of the method employed.
sorry, but you seem to miss the point that norbert made, that he didn't change a thing at DIA for recruiting.
11/22/2011 2:05 PM
Posted by DKC on 11/22/2011 2:05:00 PM (view original):
You are all missing the point. Sims are harder to beat than they have been - regardless of the method employed.
sorry, but you seem to miss the point that norbert made, that he didn't change a thing at DIA for recruiting.
You missed the point, mackey, but sure had a heck of a LMAO!
11/22/2011 3:13 PM
Where has this thread been all my life? So much WIN.
11/22/2011 3:20 PM
Sorry, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. 71 AC scouts? 

What was Einstein's definition of insanity? Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results? 
11/22/2011 3:23 PM

71 AC Scouts?  For 1 player?  Kinda facebook stalkish isn't it?  Did the cops get involved..  "There's some guy in a Missouri jacket who's following me around watching me."

11/22/2011 3:41 PM
I think it would be great after the 50th report comes back and instead of saying things like...

"Did Devin Wheeler like what he saw at my last game? I think I gave him a lot to be excited about. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I give 110% both on the field and off. Here's a few more things to keep in mind, Coach:

Thwap! I love the sound of a collision.
My fundamentals are solid. I don't think I need much work there, Coach."

The recruit starts saying things like...

"Was that Devin Wheeler at my game again? WTF is that guy trying to date me? Just because I said I give 110% both on and off the field doesn't mean I will teabag him!!! Here's a few things to keep in mind, Coach:

Thwap is the sound Wheeler will hear if he try's to Sandusky me!!!"

For fun I am going to try 1,200 phone calls and see what the recruit says!!!

11/22/2011 5:10 PM
How is that different than 30 or 40 CVs.  Recruits are only allowed 5 total visits in real life, and only one visit to an individual school.

Our recruiting "items" are really just a way to spend effort.  There is NO WAY that a recruit could possibly do 40 CVs to one school.

I think it is silly to pick one thing and single that out as a problem while the other things we do are also very unrealistic.
11/22/2011 5:53 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 11/22/2011 5:53:00 PM (view original):
How is that different than 30 or 40 CVs.  Recruits are only allowed 5 total visits in real life, and only one visit to an individual school.

Our recruiting "items" are really just a way to spend effort.  There is NO WAY that a recruit could possibly do 40 CVs to one school.

I think it is silly to pick one thing and single that out as a problem while the other things we do are also very unrealistic.
Skipping is a form of running but I wouldn't try to skip my way through a marathon. Sending 71 AC scouts is ridiculous in a way that 30 CVs is not. You can't possibly send anything more potent than a CV, so you just have to spend on them. Sending 71 AC scouts when you have a half-dozen better recruiting actions is just half-assing it 71 times and hoping you get better luck next time.
11/22/2011 5:59 PM
Posted by jtwhiz on 11/22/2011 5:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hughesjr on 11/22/2011 5:53:00 PM (view original):

Skipping is a form of running but I wouldn't try to skip my way through a marathon. Sending 71 AC scouts is ridiculous in a way that 30 CVs is not. You can't possibly send anything more potent than a CV, so you just have to spend on them. Sending 71 AC scouts when you have a half-dozen better recruiting actions is just half-assing it 71 times and hoping you get better luck next time.
OK ... and in HD you have to use 20-30 Scouting Visits to be able to pull down recruits from a higher level.  Several people (including ermackey) play more than one game here, and so they try things that work in other games to see if they work in this game.  Sometimes thinking outside the box has you do certain things that others don't do.  In HD, sending 30 (or sometimes more) scouting visits is what you need to do.

Or we can just attack people and call them stupid if they try sometime we don't agree with.

11/22/2011 6:07 PM
i feel like I'm about to get killed on here but I've been successful using the scout to yellow, CV to green technique (2 number 1 classes in stagg d1aa and 3rd this past season, 5 straight top 10 classes in yost d2). I am about to move to D1a. Could someone please tell me a bit more about this throw CVs only/early technique. How many do you use? Do you scout for potential at all? How many CVs does it take to get a guy green quickly and possibly scare off others? Thank you
11/22/2011 6:41 PM
The point isn't that using Scout Trips to turn a recruit doesn't work.  The point is that it's incredibly cost-and-"labor"-inefficient.
11/22/2011 6:51 PM
No, they aren't.
11/22/2011 8:21 PM
Posted by mduncanhogs on 11/22/2011 8:21:00 PM (view original):
No, they aren't.
Yes, they are. You just have not noticed yet.
11/22/2011 8:54 PM
Posted by jtwhiz on 11/22/2011 3:23:00 PM (view original):

What was Einstein's definition of insanity? Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results? 
i must admit that when i first for to DI i used a lot of AC scouts. but 71 is extreme beyond reason.
my question is why? for what reason does a coach need 71?
11/22/2011 10:04 PM
Posted by mrfortune3 on 11/22/2011 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jtwhiz on 11/22/2011 3:23:00 PM (view original):

i must admit that when i first for to DI i used a lot of AC scouts. but 71 is extreme beyond reason.
my question is why? for what reason does a coach need 71?
I always do 3 sets of 7 (21) in the first rotation. Until this season and for 6 years, this has always turned them green. When it failed this time, I chalked it up to the update and did another 3 sets of 7 in the next rotation. This brought us to 41. When it failed again, I sent the remainder of the 71 in the third rotation. They finally turned yellow. That is how it happened. Simple incrementalism.

Once again. It use to only take 3 sets of 7 (21) to turn yellow. This has been true for every season in which I have played for 6 years.  This is the first time it has taken more. Regardless of method, this is very different and other coaches have noted the same.
11/23/2011 2:38 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...9 Next ▸
Recruiting - Post Update Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.