No available public openings Topic

Join an existing world, stay there long enough to make the team "yours".  No difference from joining a season 1 world.
12/7/2011 9:31 AM
Season 1 = a flurry of trading to "make the team your own".

No reason you can't do that in a S20 world.   And you'll have more info to work with. 
12/7/2011 9:33 AM
I love candy and unicorns! Those are a few of my favourite things!
12/7/2011 9:38 AM
12/7/2011 10:04 AM
Well one of the big aspects is that everyone is in the same boat when it comes to the +/- 4M budget situation.  Yeah, I can only spend $14M on Training this year, but so can everyone else.  Sure that only takes 2-3 years to overcome in a mature world, but that's $50+ before I even have the team aligned how I like it from a monetary standpoint.  And in some sense, that puts me on an unlevel playing field with the owners who do have their budgets lined up as they like.

To Mike's point about making a flurry of trades, because owners do not have any attachment to certain players (I drafted this guy myself last season) they are more likely to part with players to get their organization in the direction they want (whether that's competing or rebuilding).  This isn't a huge part of the appeal to me, but equating the situation to an S20 team isn't a fair comparison.

Lastly, it is just plain fun to pull the arm of the slot machine and see what it spits out at you.  Huge part of the appeal for me.  Of course, the larger problem with this is that some owners will look at their draw and say "screw this", then get out, which they wouldn't have done in a mature world because they would have picked the team out themselves.

I understand the drawbacks to it, but I draw a lot more pleasure out of being in a world from S1, and watching that history build.  Like I said, it may be a matter of personal preference.
12/7/2011 10:43 AM

The reason Branch Rickey hasn't going public is because 17 owners believe it to be a strong and competitive world and we have no desire to lose the rules to our league.  I feel if we could fill for this season, that our new commish would be proactive in making sure this doesn't happen again. 

12/9/2011 6:05 PM
I agree 100% with Sour, doesnt stop me from joining worlds not in year 1, but the most enjoyable world I have been in has been the one I joined in year 1 (now in 7)
12/9/2011 6:37 PM
If you want a random team, just pick an opening in any world without looking at the team.
12/9/2011 6:38 PM
Posted by Rodneyhuff on 12/9/2011 6:05:00 PM (view original):

The reason Branch Rickey hasn't going public is because 17 owners believe it to be a strong and competitive world and we have no desire to lose the rules to our league.  I feel if we could fill for this season, that our new commish would be proactive in making sure this doesn't happen again. 

You seem to still be stuck at 15 openings.  What exactly is the new commish doing to move things along?
12/9/2011 9:18 PM
Bump to show that the "Sky is falling" always clears itself up.
10/8/2012 1:55 PM
"You know what?  Ol' MikeT23 is right.  As always."
10/8/2012 4:51 PM
I just left a world in which the commisioner just sits and waits for coaches to come to him.
10/8/2012 6:12 PM
Did you yell "GANGNAM STYLE!!!" on the way out?   Because that would be funny.
10/8/2012 7:03 PM
I'm pretty certain I've never seen 1/2 this many openings in the past 2 1/2 years. I don't think there are ads running on a whole lot of websites. No new features or improvement to the game to motivate existing players to add a team or promote the game to their friends. Unless WIS invests in new customers or allows teams change worlds easily, I don't see how this trend changes.
10/8/2012 7:47 PM
Its the time of season, less available time for the average person as they go back to school, or back to work after summer vacation,, or pick up extra hours for Christmas money, or people getting hired for Christmas help, throw in a few more new worlds that have openings and add in that HBD is very unforgiving for people who can't devote a lot of available time to this game and you get a reduction in owners during this time of season..
10/8/2012 7:59 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
No available public openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.