More Career Wins Tebow or Vince Young? Topic

Posted by deanod on 12/28/2011 6:48:00 PM (view original):
I can't wait to bump all of our Cam + Tebow threads in 10 years.

Will be epic lulz
You need a hobby if that's something you can't wait to do.   Do you have it marked on your 2021 calendar?
12/28/2011 8:41 PM
I know it'll never happen, but how epic would it be if Tebow and the Broncos somehow won the Superbowl this year? Even if I wasn't a Broncos fan, I'd be rooting for it, just to see all the people who would be dumbfounded and start backtracking like crazy - or have to find some new excuses as to why Tebow "sucks".
12/28/2011 9:32 PM
We all know he sucks.
12/28/2011 10:41 PM
"PLAYOFFS??? DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT PLAYOFFS!!! THE BRONCOS? THEY'RE GOING, BUT DON'T TALK TO US BEARS FANS ABOUT PLAYOFFS!!!"
12/28/2011 11:00 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/28/2011 11:15:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure what I'd prefer more, KC and Oak winning this week or Denver losing by 30+ to Pittsburgh.
You spelled "Baltimore" wrong
12/28/2011 11:46 PM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/28/2011 11:46:00 PM (view original):
I'd prefer to keep this thread about Tebow, VY, or at least have some sort of intelligent thought on some other issue. There's another thread to post Cutler venom in randle.

yea ok  stine ...Tebow has balls  unlike Cutler and his blow fan club headed by muddy and his yes man Jimbo...they all go valley diving after another Chicago loss ,Vince young turns the other cheek ..because he hates Chicago fudge packers .....but seeing as Chicago is full of p#ssys  he just shakes his head and thanks God he is in Philly...is that good Stine? or u gonna p#ssy up and ban that post as well? ...whats it gonna be fruitcake?

12/29/2011 12:16 AM
This thread is closed due to rampant stupidity.    Most of which we cannot read at this point.
12/29/2011 8:20 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 12/28/2011 11:51:00 PM (view original):
Well Baltimore has the tie-breaker, and has already beaten Cincy once. If Baltimore wins, they get a bye week so they has something to play for. Not that Cincy doesn't, but they really haven't beaten a really good team.
True, but Pittsburgh has the Browns this week, and Cincy needs a win to get into the playoffs.  They played Baltimore tough in Baltimore, so I could see them winning this week and allowing Pittsburgh to pass Baltimore.
12/29/2011 11:25 AM
I know it'll never happen, but how epic would it be if Sanchez and the Jets somehow won the Superbowl this year? Even if I wasn't a Jets fan, I'd be rooting for it, just to see all the people who would be dumbfounded and start backtracking like crazy - or have to find some new excuses as to why Sanchez "sucks".

JT...  If I posted that, how many MILLISECONDS would it have taken you to call me a dumbass???   LMAO   Come on dude...  really?  I know how much you want to prove the Tebow haters wrong, but putting the 2011 Broncos and Super Bowl in the same sentence is ludicrous even with the disclaimer of "I know it'll never happen".  If you know it will never happen (largely due to your team's passing game being non existant), then why even speculate?  You already said it will never happen.  And you were right.  It will never happen. 
12/29/2011 12:52 PM
I'll ask again, since E is on the scene, has anyone but me noticed that Carolina wins more when Newton passes less?

Any idea why that may be?
12/29/2011 1:15 PM
Because he throws a lot when he's behind by a lot?
12/29/2011 2:11 PM
Good point.   So why are passing yards the most important stat(which is what E claimed in another thread)?    And why does Denver's less than stellar passing game doom them to mediocrity(which he claimed in this thread)?
12/29/2011 2:16 PM
They aren't.

Because there will be several games every season that you need to put points on the board quickly (bad day for your D, turnovers, facing a high-powered offense, etc).  If you can't do it, those games become automatic losses (unless we're counting on 5-6 Tebow miracle games/season).
12/29/2011 2:24 PM
Please explain that passing yards aren't the most important stat to eschwartz.

None of those games may occur in the playoffs.  I bet more than one team has had a 4 game stretch where they weren't trailing by 12+ going into the 4th quarter.
12/29/2011 2:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 12/29/2011 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Good point.   So why are passing yards the most important stat(which is what E claimed in another thread)?    And why does Denver's less than stellar passing game doom them to mediocrity(which he claimed in this thread)?
I never said that passing yards were the most important stat.  I just showed PROOF that the 10 teams with the most passing yards were in all cases but 2 in postseason.  80% correlation.  Teams in the top 10 in rushing were nowhere near that level.  And why that is the case???  I DONT KNOW.  I just saw the correlation and pointed it out. 

Why does Denver's less than stellar passing game doom them to mediocrity??  WHY???  Because their defense was playing OUT OF ITS MIND for 2 months and allowed the 5th fewest PPG in the NFL during the first 8 games Tebow started (which included 45 to the Lions & 32 to Minnesota), the rushing game was ranked #1 in the NFL and Denver STILL struggled to win games.  If the defense averaged 18 PPG allowed instead of 35, while Orton was the QB, I bet Orton would have had a lot more wins.
12/29/2011 4:06 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
More Career Wins Tebow or Vince Young? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.