More Career Wins Tebow or Vince Young? Topic

I think burnsy was speculating based on Dilfer's assessment.
3/17/2015 5:20 PM
Eagles sign Tebow.    Vince Young remains unsigned. 
4/20/2015 8:15 AM
Bet people said that about Sanchez when the Jets kicked him to the curb.   Yet he and Foles looked pretty good under Kelly.

That said, this new magical throwing motion Tebow has is really going to have to be something else to start for Kelly.    I'd be more inclined to believe Kelly has another plan.   Or maybe he lost a bet and had to sign Tebow. 
4/22/2015 5:53 PM
This was never about Tebow starting. This was a direct result of a mutual interest from the NFL and the Eagles. 

1. The NFL has always been about stealing thunder from other leagues. It's not a coincidence that Philly signed Tebow during the first weekend of the NBA playoffs. 

2. It's pretty well documented that Chip Kelly even said during his days at Oregon, when he gets an NFL job, he's going to spend a ton of money on defense and have a 4-5 QB's. 

If you look at the best teams from last year, they were all great situationally...especially on 4th and short at midfield. This is the one area where the Eagles were awful. I'll never be a proponent of Tebow being the starter, but if he makes the roster and their intent is to use him situationally, I think it's a great sign. 
4/23/2015 11:07 AM
That's quite the conspiracy theory with the Eagles signing Tebow timing at the request of the NFL.   Now, if you said the Hardy suspension was to grab headline, I'm on board.

But the rest of it makes sense.
4/23/2015 11:11 AM
Well, Jerry was having a little issue with the NFL at the time with the ref on his party bus.   Made more sense.    If Tebow was VY, I'd entertain the CT.    With all the racist claims being thrown at Kelly, I could see the NFL saying "Chip, clean that **** up a little."
4/23/2015 11:53 AM
Plus the Tebow signing barely made a ripple.    Cowherd talked Tebow non-stop for years.    He spent 15 minutes on it and moved on to talking about NFL schedule release. 
4/23/2015 12:03 PM
It's not really a conspiracy theory. Goodell would know if the Eagles were going to sign Tebow before anyone else would know. It's quite possible that he just called Kelly and asked him to announce or release details of the signing during the first weekend of the NBA playoffs. 

Greg Hardy isn't a conspiracy either. I and many others would have liked for him to be suspended for the entire season. Those in the Cowboys camp wanted the suspension maxed at 4. The league's compromise then becomes 10 games and they choose to create a story for it by scheduling Dal/Car in week 11. That isn't a conspiracy, that's just how the league operates. It's also why the NFL is dominating all other sports. They find ways to be interesting for 11 out of 12 months. 
4/23/2015 12:09 PM
I'm just saying signing Tebow isn't the headline maker it would have been two years ago.   It's just a blip on the screen now.  No big press conference, no TV segment dedicated to it.

Announcing the suspension of Hardy is a big deal.   They could have easily done that in two weeks.   But it was done during the beginning of the NBA playoffs.  Much bigger deal than signing Tebow.
4/23/2015 12:12 PM
Not sure what media you have been watching. Tebow discussion has been all over ESPN, Fox, NBC...etc. Tebow brings in an audience that doesn't consists of avid sports fans. He has close to 3 million followers on Twitter, 2 million on Facebook. Hardy's confirmed FB account has 18k. Tebow is a brand, Hardy isn't. You're a bit out of your gourd if you believe that Hardy's suspension is bigger than Tebow's signing. Hardy attracts attention from football fans. Tebow attracts attention from everyone. 

4/23/2015 12:35 PM
Who gives a **** about Tebow's twitter/facebook followers?   Did they all sign up when the Eagles signed him or was that 4 years ago when he was relevant?

You're insane if you think Tebow signing as a 4th QB was a bigger deal than Dallas' new 13m DE getting 10 games for DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

If the NFL wants to reach Tebow's non-football audience, they'll put him on Dancing with the Stars.  After all, the NFL OBVIOUSLY dictates all moves with current, past or future NFL players/coaches, right?
4/23/2015 12:47 PM
◂ Prev 123456
More Career Wins Tebow or Vince Young? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.