OT: What is your profession? Topic

Posted by bobjoejim on 12/31/2011 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Accountant.
CPA? I got my BS and my MS. Then I got a job and decided it wasn't for me.
12/31/2011 3:46 PM
Posted by peanutjets on 12/31/2011 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 12/31/2011 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by peanutjets on 12/31/2011 12:33:00 PM (view original):
REO Broker. 

I evict people out of their homes and then sell the homes.
    Lol.  
         And I was the locksmith standing next to you as they were evicted and waiting to go inside and change their locks and secure the house. 
Did a lot of work for RE brokers;  going into so called empty houses in the worst of neighborhoods. They weren't always empty(squatters). Was stopped on many an occasion by police. With hands in the air :"Hello officer. Im a locksmith doing a job here. I just want to tell you up front I have a licensed pistol in my pocket so there are no surprises. You may check with the people who hired me to do the job if you like."
          I even broke into a bank once; legally. It was permanently closed and some higher up forgot some paperwork. So he hired me to get him back in. You can't imagine the calls to make sure that one was a straight up job. People have used locksmiths to break in and if he's not careful, then the locksmith innocently helps in a crime.
Oh nice. I'm the guy hiding behind the Marshalls and the locksmith LOL.

I got some crazy stories man. One time I went into a house and heard a scampering noise. I'm a dog owner so I know hte sound of paws on wooden floor and I got the hell out of there just as a big ***  pitbull charged at me. The drug dealers that occupied the house had cut out the dog's larynx so when he barked, no sound came out. They were going to shoot the dog but I managed to stall them and convince the Marshall to call ASPCA.

Another time we went into a house we were sure was empty and on the top floor, I see a guy slumped over with a needle in his arm. In his other arm? A glock. Thank god he shot up before we got there otherwise **** would've gotten crazy.

I evicted a couple of whorehouses, but no hookers. Just poles, thongs, dildos and Hennessy bottles.

Sure beats the hell out of being an accountant.
you need your own wackiest story thread.
i want to hear weekly updates of your antics.

man, i read a story once about some spy somehting or other, the part i remember and scared the **** outta me was the military base that was guarded by dobermans with larengectomys. scared the **** outta me.
a silent lucking dog that can rip your face off.
terrifying.
At least you could hear Cujo coming....
12/31/2011 3:55 PM
I got lucky that this was in the summer, you can smell a big dog especially in an empty house. I took a whiff and thought "they had dogs". Then I heard THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP and ran 4.23 40 to the front door.

I got a 70lbs pit bull at home (her name is Peanut, hence the nickname on here) and that dog was at least a 90lber. The fact that it was barking and nothing was coming out ****** it off more than anything. They had to drag it out with a long aluminum pole with a noose at the end. No doubt then put it to sleep that same day.

12/31/2011 4:07 PM

Town Councilman
I own and manage rental property
I own a USPS contract
Failed Novelist

12/31/2011 4:17 PM
You own a postal service contract?  Please explain...
12/31/2011 4:26 PM
Posted by caesari on 12/31/2011 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by DKC on 12/31/2011 1:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 12/30/2011 11:35:00 PM (view original):
Well since no one else has posted I will. I am an assistant college football coach who also coaches high school basketball when football is over.

which school?

Right now I am working at William and Mary, looking to move up to D1 soon.
so you must be Bowes, Nugent,

or you could be McDonald?

Did you ever play hockey or in CFL? that would send it in another direction but if you did I would image you would mention it?

12/31/2011 4:34 PM
Posted by bfkfraser on 12/31/2011 10:25:00 AM (view original):
Controller
Controller of what?  Kinda vague
12/31/2011 4:40 PM
Salesman/Driver  for Frito Lay
12/31/2011 4:44 PM
Posted by muddapucka on 12/31/2011 4:26:00 PM (view original):
You own a postal service contract?  Please explain...

the usps contracts out some of their routes. These are usually truck routes but some rural routes still exist. I have one of those.  You bid on these and can renew them every four years and have your own employees.  Basically its a way to make cash without much effort. They used to be called Star Routes.

12/31/2011 4:46 PM
Criminal Defense Lawyer -- this board looks ripe for potential clients
12/31/2011 4:47 PM
Posted by peanutjets on 12/31/2011 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mojolad on 12/31/2011 2:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by peanutjets on 12/31/2011 12:33:00 PM (view original):
REO Broker. 

I evict people out of their homes and then sell the homes.
    Lol.  
         And I was the locksmith standing next to you as they were evicted and waiting to go inside and change their locks and secure the house. 
Did a lot of work for RE brokers;  going into so called empty houses in the worst of neighborhoods. They weren't always empty(squatters). Was stopped on many an occasion by police. With hands in the air :"Hello officer. Im a locksmith doing a job here. I just want to tell you up front I have a licensed pistol in my pocket so there are no surprises. You may check with the people who hired me to do the job if you like."
          I even broke into a bank once; legally. It was permanently closed and some higher up forgot some paperwork. So he hired me to get him back in. You can't imagine the calls to make sure that one was a straight up job. People have used locksmiths to break in and if he's not careful, then the locksmith innocently helps in a crime.
Oh nice. I'm the guy hiding behind the Marshalls and the locksmith LOL.

I got some crazy stories man. One time I went into a house and heard a scampering noise. I'm a dog owner so I know hte sound of paws on wooden floor and I got the hell out of there just as a big ***  pitbull charged at me. The drug dealers that occupied the house had cut out the dog's larynx so when he barked, no sound came out. They were going to shoot the dog but I managed to stall them and convince the Marshall to call ASPCA.

Another time we went into a house we were sure was empty and on the top floor, I see a guy slumped over with a needle in his arm. In his other arm? A glock. Thank god he shot up before we got there otherwise **** would've gotten crazy.

I evicted a couple of whorehouses, but no hookers. Just poles, thongs, dildos and Hennessy bottles.

Sure beats the hell out of being an accountant.
  With no offense to anyone who is an accountant, I too thought it beat an office job all to hell.
           Interesting note: I must have went to hundreds(maybe thousands ?) of houses to rekey the locks after the spouse/lover/roommate left. It was ALWAYS the woman calling to make sure the guy didn't come back; Never the guy the other way around.  
            Interesting story(short) I was called by woman to change her locks ; she kicked her boyfriend out and was afraid he's come back. Only she tells me he is a locksmith!
               I tell her honestly, what's the point of changing the locks. He can just pick his way in if he wants to. She had me do them anyway just to feel better. (She would have been better off paying for high security locks like medeco which are Extremely hard to pick even for a good locksmith and getting a restraining order. Oh well...)

12/31/2011 4:56 PM
Posted by headpirate on 12/31/2011 4:47:00 PM (view original):

Headpirate is also the most popular guy in his yacht club. 

12/31/2011 4:57 PM
   Heh.  Great username for a criminal defense lawyer.   Except in your case you are trying to  "stop" your clients from walking the plank.
12/31/2011 5:01 PM
Lawyer to Client:  "You want some legal advice?  QUIT ROBBING BANKS!!!"
12/31/2011 5:05 PM
Regional Ops Manager in the plasma collection business.....until my wife finishes her PHD next year then I think HS teacher and hopefully get into coaching some HS hoops
12/31/2011 5:10 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...13 Next ▸
OT: What is your profession? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.