Bonds record to fall? Topic

ROIDS
PURE+SIMPLE
1/31/2012 7:11 AM
1/31/2012 7:56 AM
I realize that ARod is aging, but by many accounts, he may be the best conditioned athlete in MLB. He'll work his *** off to be in top shape for this season. Provided no more injuries creep up, I can see him still hitting at a high level.
1/31/2012 10:15 AM
I'm certainly not saying he's going to be a waste of a lineup spot anytime soon, but you said he's more than capable of 40-45 HRs.  I'm not saying it can't happen, but even excluding last year, he's been significantly less durable and (like pretty much everyone else in baseball) has seen a decline in his HR rate as well since 2007.   He'd need to reverse both of those trends to get into the 40+ HR range for a season, and he's at an age where you'd expect, if anything, movement in the other direction.

Like I said, I still think he probably gets there, I just don't expect him to have another monster season or two to make it really easy.  Could happen though.
1/31/2012 11:15 AM
I'd be surprised if A-Rod ever hits 30 HRs again.  I think Yankee Stadium produces a lot of HRs because that team has a lot of HR hitters. I've always thought it was a stretch to put it into the same category as say a Coors; it's a hitter's ballpark but not that much of a hitter's ballpark.  Hell Fenway is more of a bandwagon than Yankee Stadium.  I'm curious about the HR totals from 2009 in Yankee Stadium compared to 2010 & 2011. 

As others have pointed out, even though A-Rod has 6 years remaining on his contract, I am not counting the last 2 or so at all. He'll be sitting at home the last two years collecting a paycheck.  I can only see him being serviceable for another 3-4 years at the most.  Yes, he keeps himself in shape but when you can't take 'roids or use growth hormone, your skills decline as you get closer to 40.  I think there is a good chance that Bonds remains King for an awfully long time.
2/2/2012 4:57 PM
A-Rod for 2012:  .272/.353/.430   18 HR, 57 RBI.   If this doesn't end any talk of him "breezing" to the all-time HR crown, not sure what will.

Pujols didn't help his long-term outlook any either.
10/4/2012 10:41 AM
◂ Prev 123
Bonds record to fall? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.