Building better teams: Habits & Thought Processes Topic

Awesome thread Ash. Your usage post helped me win my first championship hopefully this will help me win my second.

2 questions.

Is there any way to calculate a rookies usage percentage?

Is press defense ever viable?
2/29/2012 7:46 PM (edited)
Posted by jamelo81 on 2/29/2012 7:46:00 PM (view original):
Awesome thread Ash. Your usage post helped me win my first championship hopefully this will help me win my second.

2 questions.

Is there any way to calculate a rookies usage percentage?

Is press defense ever viable?
I'm not Ash, but to answer:

1.  Not prior to the season being played

2.  I have had success with the press with good defenders that can defend multiple positions, and they are playing against a high turnover team.
2/29/2012 8:26 PM
Bump
5/2/2012 12:21 PM
Im a little confused here. It says on the stats for Artis Gilmore 81- 82 (Bulls) that 1 3P was made and that 1 3P was attempted in total. He's 100% when it comes to 3's , but he's only attempted it once during the season. Would he be a good choice in my team? What should i look for  if i  want somebody in my team who specializes in 3's and throws them often. 
8/24/2012 12:31 AM
That was helpful thanks!
8/24/2012 7:44 AM
? I was going to bump this because of a rookie that 0-30 in a league with... 
1/14/2013 7:56 PM
This lives again.  Shorter but still some good stuff.
3/16/2013 10:41 PM
What was your understanding of the AST% before?

A place i go to on the fly sometimes to quickly gather some numbers, including TOV%.  long live Al Jefferson and Steve Novak

www.sactownroyalty.com/pages/advanced-statistics-calculator

3/17/2013 12:16 AM
understanding?  I knew how it worked... I just was never crazy enough to try 150% together.  I'm glad you did, though!
3/17/2013 3:51 AM

jlg beat me to posting the link to Sactown Royalty.  I use it as well.  In a similar approach to ashamel's original post, I use the Four Factors of Basketball Success to evaluate my teams.  There's an article on basketball reference that explains it (don't have time to find the link, but google is your friend).  Basically it sets out the four most influential factors and assigns weights to them: EFG(40%) TOV(25%) OREB(20%) FT/FGA(15%).  After each season, I evaluate my teams' regular season stats using these weights.  While the sim doesn't necessarily weigh things exactly the same way, my championship team did have the best weighted 4 factors score, my best regular season team had the second best score, and my most disappointing team had the worst.  So there is a decent correlation between the four factors and sim performance. 

3/18/2013 10:21 AM
if you think about it, turnovers & offensive rebounds are both the same facet: possession... but yeah, good thoughts.
3/18/2013 4:23 PM
Would team a team with 3 pt shooters fare better than s team without perimeter shooting if the efg% of the 2 teams were the same because of floor spacing?
4/18/2013 3:53 PM
yes but not because of "floor spacing."  The answer already lies within the text (foul factor).
4/18/2013 6:27 PM
although having scoring distribution across all 3 zones is not itself a bad thing
4/19/2013 5:44 AM
to the top you go.
8/21/2013 8:13 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...11 Next ▸
Building better teams: Habits & Thought Processes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.