I imagine it will be a non-issue in all worlds.    If users are participating, the HOF has some importance to them and they'll vote in the worthy.   If the users aren't participating, the HOF has little importance to them and the inducted players will mean almost as much as the rookie world series.
1/13/2012 4:29 PM
i dont think me typing in CAPS...MEANS IM SCREAMING OR WORKED UP...IT MEANS i left the cap button down...im not in to all that LOL GARBAGE....as for hall of fame...vote should have never been given to owners...the computer picks all-stars...decides whos gonna retire...it should pick the hall...AS FOR I CANT BE DEDICATED TO MY TEAM IF I QUIT OVER HALL OF FAME....whoops i was screaming again..LOL...and yes thats a sarcastic put down....i quit if i cant get the whole experience..why people would be geeky enough to play a computer simulation game...and then balk at the hall is beyond me...just let the computer pick the HALL...and all of you that dont care about the hall can continue not to care
1/13/2012 8:02 PM
So I take it that you are satisfied with the action outlined by patrick?
1/13/2012 9:30 PM
I REALLY DIDNT GET WHAT PATRICK WAS SAYING...I DONT KNOW WHAT AN OP IS...but for the second part of what he said..in which i think i understood..they will be picked like golden glove winners..and thats how they should be picked to get all the politics out of it...i would just ask how patrick knows this..i hope he's right
1/15/2012 3:29 PM
"OP"  means "original poster", as in you.  Patrick works for WhatifSports.
1/15/2012 4:24 PM
oh...then im very happy..
1/17/2012 12:22 PM
Posted by russilini on 1/13/2012 8:02:00 PM (view original):
i dont think me typing in CAPS...MEANS IM SCREAMING OR WORKED UP...IT MEANS i left the cap button down...im not in to all that LOL GARBAGE....as for hall of fame...vote should have never been given to owners...the computer picks all-stars...decides whos gonna retire...it should pick the hall...AS FOR I CANT BE DEDICATED TO MY TEAM IF I QUIT OVER HALL OF FAME....whoops i was screaming again..LOL...and yes thats a sarcastic put down....i quit if i cant get the whole experience..why people would be geeky enough to play a computer simulation game...and then balk at the hall is beyond me...just let the computer pick the HALL...and all of you that dont care about the hall can continue not to care
I think the Hall of Fame discussion/voting process is fun, so "just letting the computer pick the HALL" would be the opposite of an improvement.
1/17/2012 3:55 PM
I'd only be ok with a simmy vote if there was some kind of 'veto' mechanism as tec suggested.

Although I do think the HOF process needs some tweaking, it has also been accurately pointed out that in worlds that are active with their HOF's, most of this stuff isn't a problem.
1/18/2012 4:53 PM
Meh.

I think a neater solution would be to have a "No Vote" button.  Anyone who doesn't either vote for someone or cast an empty ballot via the "No Vote" button didn't cast a ballot.  Then let the standard be 50% (or 60% or 2/3 or whatever) of ballots cast.

But Patrick's solution would work fine.     
1/18/2012 6:02 PM
As an additional HOF request, how about listing the position that the player had played the most, rather than the position he retired at. 
2/2/2012 11:52 AM
Posted by acn24 on 2/2/2012 11:52:00 AM (view original):
As an additional HOF request, how about listing the position that the player had played the most, rather than the position he retired at. 
I've also suggested this a couple of times. It needs to be done, and seems like it should be a simple fix. Otherwise you get a HOF full of 1B, LF and DH.
2/3/2012 2:30 PM
if you think taking the hall of fame vote away...takes away from your fun...what does no one making the hall for 3 seasons do...3 season were you have players with numbers that belong there...and you see that only half the world bothers to vote....if you dont let the computer do this, like they already pick all stars...then they at least need to have a computerized vet's comishion to clean up the mess......and i see your point about positions, but why be punished if your a DH..LF...1B
2/16/2012 4:39 AM
We definitely need some mechanism to select no one for the HOF if that is our choice and not have simmy vote for us. Sometimes, there just isn't a worthy candidate. It would be nice if there were a commentary period before this goes live where it can be explained how it is going to work.
If I only vote for one person, I don't want simmy throwing four more votes out there. I am worried that after this change all of the Dave Kingman type hitters who have reached 500 homers will be getting into the HOF.
2/16/2012 2:06 PM
i worry about only 13 owners bothering to vote...when their are at least 8 players on the list that deserve to be in the hall...and when asked why they didnt vote...say they dont give a puck about the hall...if sim can handle all stars...im sure they can figure out a guy with 500 homers and a 218 batting avg need not be in the hall
2/22/2012 3:40 AM
Why are you still whining about this? Admin said it would be fixed in the next update in the same way they handle people who don't vote for MVP/ROY, etc with the sim voting for them.  So, in worlds where people don't care, the computer will essentially pick the Hall, in the world where people do care, they will pick, with the sim filling in for those few who don't.
2/22/2012 10:24 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.