Believe It or Don't! Topic

12/14/2017 11:01 AM
Hey booger, did you buy a team just so you could post your goofy claptrap again? Or are you ready to rumble? If it's the latter, old man, don't forget to draft 08 Joss and 89 Hojo -- they're still great bargains!
12/15/2017 6:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I remember Joe Torre bad-mouthing Ruben Sierra after the Yankees traded him, calling him selfish and that he knew nothing about baseball. Sierra didn't score many points when he hit back at the Yankees with, "All they care about is winning."

But I'm here to praise old Ruben, not bury him. I've got him on a rebuilding prog team lacking plate appearances. In the AM game Ruben started at 11%. Ruben was injured in his second at bat reaching base on an error. Did he come out of the game? No, he refused.

The next batter took strike three looking, and somehow Ruben managed to injure himself again. But he angrily waved off the trainer and insisted on staying in the game.

The next batter reached base on a walk, and Ruben hurt himself again, but glared so intensely at the dugout that no one dared approach him, and he limped slowly to second base.

The next batter hit a single to the outfield, whereupon the thrice-injured Ruben got on his horse and scored from second!

In the dugout between innings Ruben insisted on remaining in the game, but the manager put his foot down and said, "No way, pal, you're comin' out." At the hospital, doctors diagnosed Ruben with two dislocated shoulders, a fractured skull, broken leg, ruptured kidney, and pinched testicle.

Vowed Ruben, "I'll be good to go tomorrow!"

Believe It or Don't!
11/30/2019 2:22 AM (edited)
REAL MEN PLAY WITH OR WITHOUT THEIR TESTICLES
12/24/2017 2:07 AM
Meant to post this a couple days ago but got distracted.

I just finished off a sweep where all 3 scores were the exact same!

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

I think the most unbelievable part is that Smoky Joe (my most expensive pitcher) is 9-16 while my other two starters are 38-8

Believe It or Don’t!
1/3/2018 8:59 PM (edited)
World Series, Juice Tournament: My Tigers ('23-'44) team gets swept by pedrocerrano's Pirates ('25-'35) team in 4 games...

The resulting TOC: First round: The Tigers are a 7 seed... and once again draw pedrocerrano's Pirates who are a 2 seed... and sweep them in 3 games.

Also my team name is typo'd... the team name says '25-'44, but it was selected as, and is, '23-'44...

Believe it or Don't!
1/19/2018 4:36 PM
Someone's bunching their hits nicely, and someone's spreading them out like a dummy.

Believe It or Don't!
12/2/2019 12:02 AM (edited)
Posted by crazystengel on 1/30/2018 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Someone's bunching their hits nicely, and someone's spreading them out like a dummy.

Believe It or Don't!
holy crap
1/30/2018 5:12 PM
Posted by 06gsp on 1/30/2018 5:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by crazystengel on 1/30/2018 1:11:00 PM (view original):

Believe It or Don't!
holy crap
I'd like to see the entire box score. that's bizarre. A lot of walks perhaps?
1/31/2018 12:34 PM
You'll notice even the 15 walks are bunched: 5 walks in the 8-run 2nd inning, 7 in the 10-run 4th.

Managing-wise, I was completely outclassed in this one!
1/31/2018 12:42 PM
Built a team with players from the 1890s and 1900s and we were 2nd in the league in homeruns. I'm gonna have to check these guys for corked bats.

Believe It or Don't!
1/31/2018 1:24 PM
Now that I know how to post screenshots from my phone (thanks crazy) I'll just reupload a previous post.

My Tris Speaker a couple years ago hit 70 doubles in a season. I've never seen that much ever in a non offense theme league! I'm sure someone's hit more in a Coors only theme league or something like that.

Believe It or Don't!
1/31/2018 1:33 PM (edited)
I just wrapped up a 2000 prog season where my team was embarking on a rebuild. We sold off a lot of vets prior to opening day, and were left with a roster that was dead last in team salary ($60M -- $11M back of the second last team). One of the deals we made was to a contender, sending two pitchers over in exchange for a 2001 1st round pick. The other owner, seeing how short I was on innings, generously threw in his worst starter, Brian Meadows (197 IP, ERC+ 89, $3.2M), without me even asking for him.

The pitchers the owner acquired from me helped him win his division, as they went a combined 20-15 with an ERA of 5.98.

Meadows? On my 67-win team, he started 41 games and went 21-12 with an ERA of 5.13, missing out by one win on leading the league in W's.

Believe It or Don't!
2/4/2018 1:06 AM
◂ Prev 1...36|37|38|39|40...62 Next ▸
Believe It or Don't! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.