trading draft picks Topic

Considering how few have said anything in the WC, except to complain about the tone of the WC and complaining about the late sim the other night, I think "general disinterest" is putting it lightly. I think the whole world is a classic case of "I don't care if there are 120 win teams and 120 loss teams, as long as I can do what I want."
1/21/2012 1:58 PM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/21/2012 6:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kcden on 1/20/2012 9:13:00 PM (view original):
And for the record, sex jokes are almost always funny, pedophile and gay jokes can be funny.  I see sex jokes, canadian jokes, and a question looking after your well-being in your relationship with nordique... no pedophile jokes.
Have you ever had a littler sister that was molested? Probably not, if you had. This would not be funny at all.
So I'm guessing you don't watch any stand-up comedy and don't find any jokes humorous, right?  Or is it just that you're a hypocrite?  Somebody, or some situation is the butt of every joke, and a relatable situation has always happened to someone in the world... lighten the **** up.

And, on the topic, it is just baffling to me that you are defending this ****** up situation in your world. I don't know if it's just that you don't give a **** about fair competition or you're just blind to how ****** up all of this is.  But, like tecwrg (I think that's who it was) said, all I can do is thank ovechkin (and you) for pointing out a group of owners that I won't be letting into the World I commish. 
1/21/2012 2:40 PM
I said that first!!
1/21/2012 2:52 PM
Posted by shobob on 1/21/2012 2:52:00 PM (view original):
I said that first!!

Yeah, but you're Canadian, so...

1/21/2012 3:11 PM
I think I've said this multiple times, submit a ticket. Have CS check our TC, have CS check our IP's etc. Nothing happened here other than promising future draft picks in trades and then receiving them.
1/21/2012 5:22 PM
Greeny9, you are officially not the most despised person in HBD anymore. Congrats!
1/21/2012 5:40 PM
I think we know who the dumbest person would be, if there truly was no collusion going on.
1/21/2012 5:48 PM
But who really believes there wasn't?
1/21/2012 6:20 PM
Nauds.  He said there wasn't.  And he strikes me as the bastion of integrity, so who are we to say otherwise?
1/21/2012 6:23 PM
Okay nauds, let's assume for a second that you're not lying, and nordique has done these drafts with 0/0 scouting and the players he drafts are from his own scouts. (Considering you've said that you keep these draft boards in a spreadsheet, there's nothing stopping you from emailing that info to nordique, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt for a minute.)

Today you are going to give me $20, and I'm going to give you two $5 bills and the promise of two bills to be named later. You don't know if they'll be dollar bills, or fives, or maybe you'll get lucky and they'll both be 20's. Do you take that deal? Because that's basically the scenario that you're trying to make everyone believe is happening.
1/21/2012 6:42 PM
There are a few of us who speak up and point out the BS. I don't think the extent of the collusion was revealed until this season. Nordique made me an offer like that and I just laughed at it. He and I have had our issues in the past. This nauds clown is in a different stratosphere.

The issue for me is this: as a founding and long time owner (I took a hiatus from WIS for awhile) it is tough to leave a world that you have been committed to for so long. I like my team there and have a lot of history there. This recent BS is possibly more than a lot of people can take. I try to keep it light and funny, but the childishness is ridiculous and the underhanded dealings are more extensive than I was aware of.
1/21/2012 6:47 PM
Posted by ovechkin008 on 1/21/2012 6:42:00 PM (view original):
Okay nauds, let's assume for a second that you're not lying, and nordique has done these drafts with 0/0 scouting and the players he drafts are from his own scouts. (Considering you've said that you keep these draft boards in a spreadsheet, there's nothing stopping you from emailing that info to nordique, but let's give you the benefit of the doubt for a minute.)

Today you are going to give me $20, and I'm going to give you two $5 bills and the promise of two bills to be named later. You don't know if they'll be dollar bills, or fives, or maybe you'll get lucky and they'll both be 20's. Do you take that deal? Because that's basically the scenario that you're trying to make everyone believe is happening.
Right it is obviously a gamble, I agree with you on that.

In my case I gave up a player who would be an un-resignable free agent by the time my team was competitive and he had an $8 million contract. So in your example I did trade a $20 bill, but in the trade I got three $5 bills and three more dollar bills which I didn't know the value of just yet.

So I didn't stand to lose much or even risk anything by doing the deal.

Hopefully we will get a response from CS on what the actual rules are, because I haven't been able to find anything anywhere on what the rule is
1/21/2012 6:51 PM
Something to note, regarding the thought that there is no collusion going on:  I'm told that you see ratings for about 30-45 prospects with 0/0 scouting (I believe it was deanod, in some thread or other, that told me this).  It makes sense to me, as I see about 4 HS players (and 496 college) when I go 20/0 Coll/HS, and about 220 total  when I go 0/20 Coll/HS, and about 250 total when I went with 8/0 Coll/HS.
So there's that... somehow with picks in the 25-50 range and seeing ~ 50 prospects with completely inaccurate projected ratings, the coach that trades away future draft picks is able to attain ML-quality players... hmmmmmm.

EDIT:  For Reference, http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?ForumID=58&TopicID=446621&ThreadID=9656090#l_9656090
1/21/2012 7:03 PM (edited)
Posted by caesari on 1/21/2012 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Greeny9, you are officially not the most despised person in HBD anymore. Congrats!
YES!
1/21/2012 7:20 PM
Posted by greeny9 on 1/21/2012 7:20:00 PM (view original):
Posted by caesari on 1/21/2012 5:40:00 PM (view original):
YES!
Haha the prestigious title has shifted away, and you are free to pound on morons again!
1/21/2012 10:51 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.