trading draft picks Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/13/2013 8:51:00 AM (view original):
With 0/0 scouting, you don't see many prospects.     And the projected ratings are useless.   How did you rank them?
didnt bother. waited after the season was over and let them pick the best players.
11/14/2013 6:44 PM
Posted by jibe on 11/13/2013 7:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bfkfraser on 11/13/2013 6:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mushahshi on 1/24/2012 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Well, now that my TC just blew up, let me clarify.Unfortunately, I can't think of way of doing so without revealing TC's in the forums. Apologies in advance where they are needed. Nordique did TC me with this:

"Thanks, but this is a danger of a veto. thats why we usually dont say anything about the draft picks, we just do it after rollover...silently...
     lol...cross your fingers"

so that is NOT a lie. To be fair to nauds, he TC'd me after the announcement with:

"Hey bro, just wanna make sure you know KC has 0/0 prospect scouting... The chances of his picks being any good are low"

and followed up with:

"Look at his draft history it will give you an idea of what youre getting. You want me to approve this? If i were you i would wait until after the draft, so you know u are      getting at least something.  Btw, this conversation never happened. Im good friends with nordique"

Since nauds just asked me to speak up, I figure I'm released from that promise. I responded with:

"I'm actually really easy going - do what you feel is right, and I won't rat you out, lol"  (meaning to Nordique for questioning the trade)

Since the trade was approved, I have no idea who voted for or against it now. As I indicated to Ovechkin last night, the first indication I had that something was really wrong was when Nordique said these things are normally done quietly, but at that point, the trade was accepted and in the hands of the league to vote. While Nauds has been very (some might say overly) vocal in defense of his friend, he had nothing else to do with this deal. For my part, I'm willing to vacate my claim to the draft picks and accept the loss of Colbrunn as an expensive lesson learned in order to get back to playing and enjoying the game.

If everyone was doing it, why was it done on the hush hush?
I don't post much on HBD forums but this whole affair reminds me a bit of the recent Penn State deal. Lets keep things silent while I take you into the showers and fleece you of your best players for some **** draft picks that I drafted with 0/0 scouting.

Why has WIS not banned this guy? 12-1 WS or not, totally classless. Looks like a lot of cheerypicking went into those 12 WS's too.

I am 3-0 in WS's, another starts tomorrow. But I like to compare my titles to Smith Barney of old, "I make my WS Championships the Old Fashioned way. I earn them". nordique has not earned his titles by working at it. He's gamed the game by cheating and cherry picking.

we tried to keep trading draft picks quiet for the few who might have disapproved. but the truth is most of the league knew about it because most people were doing it. Even the Commissioner traded draft picks. it was an accepted practice in the world because everyone always kept their word and traded the promised picks after the season was over. that last trade he got 5 1st round picks and 3 solid players for Colbrunn. most of the time the picks were an insignificant part of the trade, just a sweetener.  definitely not much benefit once u analyse all those trades, practically insignificant. youre looking for an excuse because im 12-1 in the World Series. Deal with it.
11/14/2013 6:58 PM

So "Shhhhhhh......everyone is doing it but let's keep it quiet"?

Yeah, that sounds like something a cheater would say.   He'd lie.

11/14/2013 7:01 PM
how do u explain winning World Series in 4 different worlds? and winning it all my very 1st season in Branch Rickey? just like my very 1st trade in Evangeline when i was totally trade raped for JD Seneca  and nobody said a thing youre just jealous and take shots in the dark from rumors u heard left and right. Stay classy trous de cul.
11/14/2013 7:04 PM

Winning in your first season is called "cherrypicking".

11/14/2013 7:15 PM
11/14/2013 7:18 PM
11/14/2013 7:23 PM
why dont u ask the Commissionner? he traded picks too. why did he let it go? because it was very minor. except for the Colbrunn trade it was always just 1 pick traded. if someone would have offered me 5 1st round picks + 3 solid players for Colbrunn i would have said yes in a heartbeat. Thanks again to all of you for helping me when i was trade raped in my very 1st trade by saying nothing. trous de cul.
11/14/2013 7:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/14/2013 7:15:00 PM (view original):

Winning in your first season is called "cherrypicking".

wrong again i only joined to help with a 3 owner swap to help fill both worlds. i never looked at the roster before i joined.
11/14/2013 7:57 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 11/14/2013 7:43:00 PM (view original):
why dont u ask the Commissionner? he traded picks too. why did he let it go? because it was very minor. except for the Colbrunn trade it was always just 1 pick traded. if someone would have offered me 5 1st round picks + 3 solid players for Colbrunn i would have said yes in a heartbeat. Thanks again to all of you for helping me when i was trade raped in my very 1st trade by saying nothing. trous de cul.
11/14/2013 8:01 PM
I'd say you're a world destroyer. You max your salary with bad contracts and then bail when the players are old and extremely veer paid... Look at the team u ditched in Foxx..... It will entertaining to see the teams you kill in you current worlds after you ditch them with maxed out salaries and old wasted players..
11/14/2013 10:20 PM
Posted by willsauve on 11/14/2013 10:20:00 PM (view original):
I'd say you're a world destroyer. You max your salary with bad contracts and then bail when the players are old and extremely veer paid... Look at the team u ditched in Foxx..... It will entertaining to see the teams you kill in you current worlds after you ditch them with maxed out salaries and old wasted players..
yeah right, you mean the team i won the World Series with the year before? i shouldnt have left that team its loaded with stud starting pitching but at the time i was about to retire from HBD. the thing that killed that team is when i left my 1B who hit 54 bombs and destroyed playoff pitching left for free agency. my team in Cal Ripken wins the division year after year. and the one in Branch Rickey is set to dominate for years, very young team. i won 12 Rings in 38 seasons, my system works very well thank you. 
11/14/2013 10:43 PM
Don't you mean "my system of cheating works very well thank you"?
11/14/2013 10:55 PM
Me win titles. Me no care about losers left in former worlds. You not smart enough to understand why thing everyone does has to be big secret. Me keep saying stupid things until me believe them. Me brillyunt.
11/14/2013 11:01 PM
Posted by nordique93 on 11/14/2013 7:43:00 PM (view original):
The one that booted you?    HE'S the only that will help untarnish your titles?

Serious question.    What color is the sky in your world?
11/15/2013 8:37 AM
◂ Prev 1...29|30|31|32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.