trading draft picks Topic

What if it takes up a space in a normal proposal, i.e. 3 is the most you can trade, whether it be all players, all draft picks, or a combo.
1/18/2012 9:10 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/18/2012 9:01:00 PM (view original):

I can't imagine ever being allowed to trade for future draft picks in HBD, even if it were allowed in MLB.

Imagine this: one team trades it's first, second and third round picks for the next 5 seasons on an "all-in" strategy for this season.  He falls short.  He bails on the world.  The next owner of the team is royally ****** over.

I definitely agree with this.
1/18/2012 9:32 PM
Posted by caesari on 1/18/2012 9:10:00 PM (view original):
What if it takes up a space in a normal proposal, i.e. 3 is the most you can trade, whether it be all players, all draft picks, or a combo.
You could still trade the picks across a bunch of deals.  I don't think tec's scenario was really suggesting that they'd all be traded in one or two deals.
1/18/2012 9:33 PM
Right.  I was thinking a bunch of deals.  If somebody's going to mortgage the future for an all-in now scenario, they won't stop at just one deal if they can find a bunch of suckers.  Or the same sucker multiple times.
1/18/2012 9:39 PM
Oh I see. Now that I see your point, I definitely agree.
1/18/2012 10:17 PM
Tec is right.

And taken from another angle, you'd have those tankers who always try to build a 'super team' with All Stars at every position trying to amass a sh** load of draft picks during a two or three year period. They'd trade away everything they have and tank even more to get as many picks as possible.

I can't see any scenario in which the whole situation wouldn't be anything but a big mess. 
1/18/2012 10:27 PM
@ovechkin- Be sure to let us know what CS does (if anything) about, not only the trade, but also dique's abusive, offensive and insulting posts in WC. I would be really disappointed if they opted to do nothing about his WC posts. They are pretty bad.
1/18/2012 10:31 PM
Posted by kcden on 1/18/2012 6:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 6:33:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, I played a season in For Life.  I don't recall ovech even posting in the WC. 
He has posted angry comments at/about many of the coaches that "committed" to 3 seasons at the beginning of the world, only to jump ship after Season 1 or Season 2.  I don't recall anything beyond that.
He's still there, kc.  Tampa Bay
1/18/2012 11:15 PM
Ha, I think he meant that I was yelling at guys who jumped ship after a season or two, not that I was the one bailing out. But I did initially read his post that way too.

Mongoose, if/when they get back to me, I'll be sure to share that info. I'm not holding my breath on them doing anything about anything.
1/18/2012 11:57 PM
Ha ha.  You're right ovech.   I totally thought that he thought you bailed.
1/19/2012 6:46 AM
Our commissioner logged in this morning, but didn't say a word in the world chat.  Maybe he sent out a bunch of trade chats, telling people to knock it off.  I didn't get one. 
1/19/2012 8:42 AM
Maybe he doesn't want to get involved.  Now, that's leadership!
1/19/2012 9:00 AM
Posted by mongoose_22 on 1/18/2012 10:31:00 PM (view original):
@ovechkin- Be sure to let us know what CS does (if anything) about, not only the trade, but also dique's abusive, offensive and insulting posts in WC. I would be really disappointed if they opted to do nothing about his WC posts. They are pretty bad.

I wouldn't expect CS to do anything about the trade.  And while I wouldn't advocate narcing on anybody for what they say in the World Chat, because (a) you can just block them or ignore them, and (b) words on the internet cause no harm, he does seem to clearly be in violation of the Fair Play Guidelines, and WIS claims to have a "zero tolerance" policy:

Offensive posts

Any posts of a derogatory nature are strictly prohibited, whether it is in a Chat room (playing LIVE) or on a League's Bulletin Board. This includes personal attacks and sexist or racist remarks. There will be a zero tolerance level - if someone in your league is violating this policy, please contact us at [email protected]

1/19/2012 9:27 AM
wow, I just read the last couple pages of the WC in that world.  Man that situation just sucks.  Trading draft picks really shouldnt be allowed.  There are just too many things that can go wrong.  That world is as unbalanced as any world I have ever seen.  To have 1 owner win nearly 40% of the rings as Nauds says is pretty crazy.  Ofcourse with trades like that not getting vetoed I can see why that is the case.
1/19/2012 9:53 AM
I wonder how nordique consistently gets good players with his round 1 picks with 0/0 in scouting?
1/19/2012 10:20 AM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.