trading draft picks Topic

Another question is now that we know that Admin is def aware of this situation... Have they responded to the ticket regarding dique's and naud's behavior in the WC? I'd really like to know if that kind of garbage will be tolerated.
1/23/2012 12:34 PM
In the most recent thread for this world in the Classifieds Forum, there is no reference to any rules.

Though in retrospect, the second post in that thread seems quite funny now.
1/23/2012 12:37 PM
I see where Admin is coming from on the "if the world wants to do it, that's fine as long as they make the rules clear", but if they want us to be able to trade picks, they should really put it into the game and allow the picks to actually be traded, rather than having to trade players picked after the fact.  Allowing it with the way the game is currently set up is just asking for disaster, no matter how strong the world is.
1/23/2012 12:39 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 1/23/2012 12:40:00 PM (view original):
I see where Admin is coming from on the "if the world wants to do it, that's fine as long as they make the rules clear", but if they want us to be able to trade picks, they should really put it into the game and allow the picks to actually be traded, rather than having to trade players picked after the fact.  Allowing it with the way the game is currently set up is just asking for disaster, no matter how strong the world is.
+1
1/23/2012 12:42 PM
Posted by mongoose_22 on 1/23/2012 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Another question is now that we know that Admin is def aware of this situation... Have they responded to the ticket regarding dique's and naud's behavior in the WC? I'd really like to know if that kind of garbage will be tolerated.
They responded to my ticket, but only concerning the draft pick trades.  vdaino has had his world chat privileges revoked because of the complaint nauds filed against him, which makes me think they might have pulled the chat privileges of nauds and nordique too.  I responded to the ticket, asking if that was the case.

I think admin is basically saying "this would be really tough for us to police, so we'll leave it up to each world to figure out what they want to do.  Feel free to allow draft pick trades in your world, and hang yourselves with the results when it goes wrong." 

Evangeline doesn't even have world rules, and the commissioner appears to have pulled off a draft pick trade in a prior season, so clearly there are no current rules saying nordique can't do this. 
1/23/2012 1:03 PM
ADMIN's response makes sense.   Private worlds can have "special" rules that WIfS does not have programmed into the game.  If you don't like the rules of the world, don't join the world.  Of course, you CAN'T OPEN the private world rules if you haven't already joined.  Maybe ADMIN will make fixing that a priority.
1/23/2012 1:16 PM
Posted by ovechkin008 on 1/23/2012 1:03:00 PM (view original):
They responded to my ticket, but only concerning the draft pick trades.  vdaino has had his world chat privileges revoked because of the complaint nauds filed against him, which makes me think they might have pulled the chat privileges of nauds and nordique too.  I responded to the ticket, asking if that was the case.

I think admin is basically saying "this would be really tough for us to police, so we'll leave it up to each world to figure out what they want to do.  Feel free to allow draft pick trades in your world, and hang yourselves with the results when it goes wrong." 

Evangeline doesn't even have world rules, and the commissioner appears to have pulled off a draft pick trade in a prior season, so clearly there are no current rules saying nordique can't do this. 
Well, based on Admin's post, it doesn't appear that there needs to be a rule forbidding this to stop it. Rather, it seems there needs to be a rule allowing it for it to happen. No rules = no draft pick trades.

I don't have a problem with the idea that a private world could opperate this way. For example, I believe under Moneyball's rules (don't they have a no veto policy) any two owners could, in theory, make such a deal as long as there was no collusion on draft prospect ranking. Since there is no veto, the "2nd half" of the trade, the following season, involving #1s for 20th rounders, would be allowed to "complete" the trade. And if the owner who owes you the picks leaves, WiS has said caveat emptor. No problem with that.

That isn't what happened here. I'm quite sure many other owners believed this was not permitted behavior, and thus were limiting their trading options unfairly, because it was not spelled out.

Also, none of this addresses the likely collusion resulting from the 0/0 scouting. He has gotten too many good players with 0/0 for there to be no collusions. Either he has an alias with scouting, or his friend nauds is giving him scouting offline, or his trade partners are giving him scouting via trade chat. This is the part where there is certainly cheating going on. I bet a cursary look at his previous seasons' draft rankings would show it (guys who he saw as having poor projected ratings who were actually good ranked highly; guys who he saw as having good projected ratings who actually didn't ranked low).
1/23/2012 1:23 PM
Posted by AlCheez on 1/23/2012 12:40:00 PM (view original):

I'm not so sure that Admin really wants anybody to do this, but they realize that there's probably no way to prevent it from happening.  All they're really insisting on is a little transparency in making sure that each world makes it well known whether it's allowed or not.

They're not going to put it in the game itself because then it's open to everybody, even public worlds.

I agree that any world that openly allows this is asking for trouble.

1/23/2012 2:10 PM
will be intersting to see how long this world will sit unfilled..
1/23/2012 2:44 PM
It won't.   Only needed 6 last season.  People are complaining more about the WC than the trading of future draft picks.   Even one of the vocal guys(vdiano) has said he's been threre a long time and likes his team.   He may not leave.   So, really, it's only one owner who'll depart over draft picks.    And, if he leaves, those complaining about the chat won't have reason to go.   They'll probably need 5-6 which, considering the state of that world, is pretty good.
1/23/2012 3:14 PM
Posted by ovechkin008 on 1/23/2012 1:03:00 PM (view original):

vdaino had some questionable posts in the WC, but nique's were MUCH worse. I'd be surprised if they didn't at least revoke his WC privilages. IMO, sometihing more than that should be done...
1/23/2012 3:41 PM
WifS only acts if they're reported.  If nauds reported vdaino, they only check vdaino posts not the entire WC.  
1/23/2012 3:49 PM
I'm pretty sure ovechkin reported nique, or that was the impression I got anyway.
1/23/2012 4:31 PM

Both nauds and nordique are posting today.

Shockingly, nordique is pledging 100% loyalty to their "hear no evil, see no evil" absentee commissioner.  The one who's let all this nonsense run rampant on his watch.

1/23/2012 8:14 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/23/2012 8:14:00 PM (view original):

Both nauds and nordique are posting today.

Shockingly, nordique is pledging 100% loyalty to their "hear no evil, see no evil" absentee commissioner.  The one who's let all this nonsense run rampant on his watch.

Kbrick got a glowing endorsement from one of the most upstanding individuals in the HBD community. 
1/23/2012 8:24 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.