trading draft picks Topic

Let me tell you, old Hypnotoad has seen some strange things on the chat board before, but this certainly looks like he forgot what id he was posting under.
1/25/2012 2:38 PM
When I've babysat other teams, I've done the same thing... make a post in some league discussion, before logging out of the second account. It's remarkably easy to do.
1/25/2012 2:47 PM
Yeah same here - also a classic tabbed browsing mistake.
1/25/2012 2:49 PM
It is also of note to see that the last place team in nordique's division is a first time player who hasn't actually logged in all season.  Pretty convenient if you ask me...for being such a defender of the league, nauds3000 hasn't peeped one word about replacing that owner or doing anything about it at all.  The lack of discussion on that topic is surprising. 
1/25/2012 2:56 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/24/2012 10:48:00 AM (view original):
EML was a "special" league name change.   I'm pretty sure there's a limit.  Looking at the worlds that exceed Evangeline Leagu's space, I think all were changed names.    American Baseball Union is the one I'd question if I didn't know it was once ABU.   Some of the others were merged worlds(meaning WifS gave the league it's name) and some were memorial worlds for owners who passed.

But I certainly wouldn't discount Leagu being a mistake.    Even if it was done that way, do a little spellcheck.
There used to be a limit, but WIS changed it. I was in ABU at the time, and when I saw that "American Baseball Union" was possible after the change, the commish at the time put the request through. There might still be a limit, but it's well beyond what was initially allowed.
1/25/2012 3:00 PM
nordique93 Expos 1/17/2012 12:45 AM If this trade involved just one player, I might shrug and figure that's what you get for setting scouts at zero - but those three players for Bryant? Forget stealing home, nordique is the one getting robbed this time

Looks like someone blew their cover here....
1/25/2012 3:03 PM
I predict we'll hear the "we're roommates who share a computer/wifi" story. It's worked before with WIS.
1/25/2012 3:06 PM
I'm going to throw some alias props their way.   Most aliases are exposed by the simplest of things.  Like logging in moments before/after the other username.   They weren't doing that.
1/25/2012 3:19 PM
They are BFF's.  Nauds told us so.,
1/25/2012 3:32 PM
Posted by silentpadna on 1/25/2012 3:03:00 PM (view original):
nordique93 Expos 1/17/2012 12:45 AM If this trade involved just one player, I might shrug and figure that's what you get for setting scouts at zero - but those three players for Bryant? Forget stealing home, nordique is the one getting robbed this time

Looks like someone blew their cover here....
Some of the rest of it is pretty questionable, but this was actually nordique copying something someone else had said about a trade a couple weeks earlier, which is why the line above it said "remember this"
1/25/2012 3:34 PM
nauds is going to scream about challenging everyone to check the IP's and TC's in 3....2....1....
1/25/2012 6:06 PM
Posted by Admin on 1/23/2012 10:53:00 AM (view original):
Our stance on trading involving future draft picks is as follows:

For a public world trading future draft picks is not allowed.

For a private world it is up to the commissioner of the world. Most worlds would probably not allow it but a world with the right owners might want to allow it as it can be a positive thing when done right. If a world wants to allow trading with draft picks, it must be added to the private world rules on how to handle it. Should an owner involved in the trade depart in between seasons, the new owner should NOT be expected to hand over draft picks unless agreed upon prior to joining. Again, only a world with a strong commissioner and a good group of owners should consider permitting trades including future draft picks.
As a follow up to this please note that we ONLY condone trading draft spots and that we absolutely do not condone sharing of projected ratings.  When making such a trade there's a matter of trust involved between the two owners.  One could screw the other but that's up to them.  Sharing ratings is prohibited.  
1/25/2012 6:13 PM
But admin, dont you think allowing the trading of draft picks will open up possibilities of collusion?
1/25/2012 8:28 PM

As a follow-up, are we to believe that one wouldn't say "Rank these 20 guys in this order" when acquiring "draft picks"?

Technically, they're not sharing ratings but they're sharing info in a roundabout way.   Simply because, if a guy with 20/20 scouting tells me who the top 20 guys are, I'm running with it.

1/25/2012 8:57 PM
Oh nordiq- I mean, uh, nauds.... Nothing to say?
1/25/2012 9:54 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.