trading draft picks Topic

nauds in your passion to defend your world you are not getting what people are objecting to. It is not the players involved. This trade could end up being the most even, best trade ever completed in the history of HBD and it would still be wrong. Once you start allowing things like this you open up a pandoras box of bad situations. What if I trade my 1,2 and 3 picks in the every season for the next 3 drafts and then quit? Could you stop me from doing that? No you can't because your world has decided to allow it. There are just so many ways this can become very screwed up and you are refusing to see it.
1/18/2012 8:53 AM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/18/2012 8:49:00 AM (view original):
Im saying I know exactly what the players already traded will potentially become, sigh....
I know. That was sarcasm Sheldon.......... That was too
1/18/2012 8:55 AM
Except he has 0 ADV.   He knows nothing about current players drafted last season.
1/18/2012 8:58 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Actually, you have 0 ADV.  So, unless you saved every prospect rating from those drafts, you don't know anymore than I know about those guys.   And, since I haven't even bothered to click on the players, that's about nothing.

Who's dumb again?
I have excel spreadsheets of every single draft (pre signings) so i guess Im the dumb one
1/18/2012 9:03 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 8:58:00 AM (view original):
Except he has 0 ADV.   He knows nothing about current players drafted last season.
holy ****, do you not realize you can save draft prospects to something called an excel spreadsheet?
1/18/2012 9:04 AM
So are you sharing your spreadsheet with the two guys who made this trade?
1/18/2012 9:04 AM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/18/2012 8:40:00 AM (view original):
obviously the better situation is to wait until the draft actually takes place before seeing if it's a fair deal. Yet in many sports future draft picks are traded ALL the time. I don't see HBD as any different
Well, it is.

In real life, the team getting the pick gets to make the pick, and 0/0 scouting doesn't exist.

In real life Player To Be Named Later is often traded in MLB. This is fine, since there is no veto in MLB. You can't have an effective veto if no one knows who is involved in the trade.

In real life there are no aliases, and no collusion. GMs are free to talk to other GMs about potential picks.

And a bunch of other reasons.
1/18/2012 9:06 AM
what? I'm saying I KNOW EXACTLY the ratings of all these players per my spreadsheets, which I've accumulated every single draft. How the hell does that mean I've given anyone this information?
1/18/2012 9:07 AM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/18/2012 8:40:00 AM (view original):
obviously the better situation is to wait until the draft actually takes place before seeing if it's a fair deal. Yet in many sports future draft picks are traded ALL the time. I don't see HBD as any different

Yes, in other sports future draft picks are traded all the time.  But the difference between that and this is that when a draft pick is traded in real life, the team receiving the picks then has full control of who they are drafting.  In this situation, the team receiving the picks still has to rely on the original team to do the drafting for them.  As Mike (and others) have pointed out . . . it reeks of collusion. 

And putting ratings aside, with a 0/0 draft scouting budget, the original team is only seeing a small fraction of what the other team might be able to see.  So by that alone, they really can't get full value.

It's a screwed up world.  I'm not sure why (a) anybody would agree to participate in a deal like that, and (b) why so many people are on board with letting the team that dominates season after season get away with operating this way.  Not only on board with it, but vehemently defending it. 

Must be some pretty good Kool Aid being served there.

1/18/2012 9:11 AM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/18/2012 9:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Actually, you have 0 ADV.  So, unless you saved every prospect rating from those drafts, you don't know anymore than I know about those guys.   And, since I haven't even bothered to click on the players, that's about nothing.

Who's dumb again?
I have excel spreadsheets of every single draft (pre signings) so i guess Im the dumb one
Yeah, it's you.  Why would anyone do that?  And why would someone who does have such a ****** track record?  
1/18/2012 9:22 AM
Lol. I'm 12 seasons in, and rebuilt 2 terrible teams. I do that because there is no need for ADV scouting when my draft scouting is so high.
1/18/2012 9:26 AM
I'm asking why would anyone save draft scouting from previous seasons.   That's ridiculous overkill.    And, if someone does, it seems like they'd win more games. 
1/18/2012 9:28 AM
Look at my Tampa Bay minor league system, and what I did to turn around Richmond. That's all im gonna say
1/18/2012 9:29 AM
I would be crazy not to save draft scouting, when I spent between 16/16 or 20/20 each year
1/18/2012 9:30 AM
Don't you trust yourself?   If you rank a player, don't you think he's worthy?   After he's on your team, does his projections matter?   Or do you constantly trade for 2nd year pros with no development pattern?

Anyway, 12 seasons, .428 winning percentage.  Excuse me if I disregard your HBD expertise.
1/18/2012 9:34 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.