trading draft picks Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 9:34:00 AM (view original):
Don't you trust yourself?   If you rank a player, don't you think he's worthy?   After he's on your team, does his projections matter?   Or do you constantly trade for 2nd year pros with no development pattern?

Anyway, 12 seasons, .428 winning percentage.  Excuse me if I disregard your HBD expertise.
I decided to check.  On your three current teams, you've traded for three players in their 2nd season.   That's a lot of saving for three players.

Another thing I noticed.  You sure do trade with nordique93 a lot.    Hmmmmmmmm.........
1/18/2012 9:38 AM
Light: Brought.
1/18/2012 9:49 AM
I used to wonder why nordique93 dominted Evangeline so badly.

I wonder no more.
1/18/2012 9:54 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 9:28:00 AM (view original):
I'm asking why would anyone save draft scouting from previous seasons.   That's ridiculous overkill.    And, if someone does, it seems like they'd win more games. 
I save spreadsheets of all of my drafts now that I have moved to 0 ADV... at least in the worlds where I've kept high Amateur Draft scouting budgets.  I've used it to aid me in a few trades.  It takes about 2 minutes to copy the data and a spreadsheet takes up so little storage that it effectively costs nothing.  It's also how I try to sort my draft prospects with a ranking system.

All of that said, this trade is ******* retarded.  The premise of the trade is ******* retarded.  The fact that a trade like that would not get vetoed is ******* retarded. I think I'm going to have to conclude that this is a ******* 'tard world...
1/18/2012 10:05 AM
"Another thing I noticed.  You sure do trade with nordique93 a lot.    Hmmmmmmmm........."

I noticed the same thing last night.  I also think it's nuts that he's in here defending the right to trade future picks, when that isn't something he seems to do, and the guy who does do it isn't in here at all.

I think we can all pretty much see what's going on here.

I feel incredibly sorry for any newbie who ends up in that world.

If I were in that world, I would leave immediately, unless I could get a group of 10 owners together who would veto all such trades.

The abusive nature of Nordique's World Chat postings is shameful.  He should be booted by CS for that alone.  Berating people into allowing bad trades to go through is nonsense.

Let's say that I, not knowing any of this crap, joined the world next season.  Let's say Nordique somehow got 4 useful 1st rounders despite 0/0 scouting.  Then he tried to trade those picks for Tryout Camp crap.  I would veto those trades as unfair.  If he told me "no no, they're Players To Be Named Later from a previous season's trade" I would ask WiS for my money back (wouldn't get it of course, but would probably deserve it).
1/18/2012 10:08 AM
nordique got booted from the NHL too.

Moved to Denver. Denver!

I rest my case
1/18/2012 10:13 AM
My favorite part is that apparently doing something that requires a total end-run around what the game is set up to allow must be okay because it isn't explicitly banned in the fair play guidelines. 
1/18/2012 10:15 AM
Also, unmentioned here but probably the funniest thing about this, is the fact that Nordique seems to be offended because of some perceived rudeness on Ovechkin's part for not saying "Good Job" after the last World Series (in which nauds300 assures us that Nordique "kicked his ***").  He then proceeds to call people retards, yelling at them to ride his balls, calling them pitiful losers, "screaming" with all-caps, calling them a spineless weazel and a "LOOOSSSSSSSEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR", or referring to them as "ovechcrap".

Meanwhile, nordique's alias, errrrr...... bottom b-itch, errrrr..... random guy on an internet baseball game, nauds3000, has the temerity to criticize ovechkin for not having "common courtesy" after the WS, while tolerating all of the above!

Kind of hilarious.

Ovechkin should be welcome in anybody's league any time.  He's really fighting the good fight on this one.
1/18/2012 10:26 AM (edited)

The commish is nowhere to be seen in the World Chat since this blew up.  Now, that's leadership.

Also, it looks like the team on the other end of the deal in question has 3 less-than-successful seasons under his belt.  So "n00b rape" seems to an appropriate characterization of the deal.

1/18/2012 10:36 AM
gjello, I appreciate the sentiment, and I might be looking for another world after this season.  A couple of seasons ago nordique tried to pull off another shady deal with an inexperienced owner, and when I called him out in the world chat, he sent me trade chats saying that inexperienced owners (I only had a couple of seasons under my belt at the time) shouldn't veto trades because they don't know enough about the game.  When I pointed out that the owner he was trading with was very new, and therefore also didn't know enough about the game, which made him a bit of a hypocrite for saying newbies can't veto but they can accept trades, he yelled and screamed via TC some more.  I wish I had saved all of those TC's in an excel spreadsheet......
1/18/2012 10:37 AM
Just take this as a lesson and move on, ovi.

We've all run into 'tard world emperors who can't be told that they're naked.

Seek out worlds with some of the more sane posters here, and you'll be doing yourself a huge favour.
1/18/2012 10:47 AM
Agreed.  I'm just blocking the owners in question so I don't get a headache whenever I read the world chat, and then I'll leave after the season ends.  Lesson learned.
1/18/2012 10:56 AM
Okay, from nordique in World Chat, this is just priceless:

"the league has spoken. its called DECOCRACY."
1/18/2012 11:04 AM
If you block all of those guys ovechkin, there won't be alot for you to read in there, lol.

But serisously, gjello is right. Way to fight the good fight. If you're ever intersted, you're welcome in the world I commish. Not so much with some of those other clowns in there....

And I serisously hope someone at CS (though I doubt it) is reading this thread and checking into this. As stated by MANY people here, the whole things wreaks of collusion and 'dique and naud's posts at you (and others) in WC are totally unacceptable.

1/18/2012 11:11 AM
A perfect example of today's youth.  We're all doomed.
1/18/2012 11:11 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.