trading draft picks Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Stop dreaming up scenarios that don't include nordique.    He made a trade, one owner(maybe more) objected to the terms and the deal went thru.   WifS might warn anyone to not do it again or they may take the "the world doesn't care" stance.   Either way, the world will have to police such things.   Since these deals have been done privately before, there's no reason to think they won't be done privately again.
If they asked you to Commish the world tomorrow, and you somehow were convinced to do it, what would you do?
1/18/2012 2:22 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 1/18/2012 1:52:00 PM (view original):
As a commish, I love threads like this one because I know who NOT to ever consider for my world.
+1
1/18/2012 2:23 PM
Posted by gjello10 on 1/18/2012 2:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Stop dreaming up scenarios that don't include nordique.    He made a trade, one owner(maybe more) objected to the terms and the deal went thru.   WifS might warn anyone to not do it again or they may take the "the world doesn't care" stance.   Either way, the world will have to police such things.   Since these deals have been done privately before, there's no reason to think they won't be done privately again.
If they asked you to Commish the world tomorrow, and you somehow were convinced to do it, what would you do?
Hope I had 9 openings and recruit 9 owners who'd veto any "future considerations" deals.   And since there are charges of n00b-raping, make sure those would be vetoed too(although n00bs would be weeded out pretty quickly and not allowed in).   And I'd only do it if I could enforce a MWR that would rid the world of owners intent on feeding the top dogs.
1/18/2012 2:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 1:55:00 PM (view original):
People who leave because the WC bothers them just aren't that committed to a world either.  I can't say they're much better than the guy screaming and cursing.   BLOCK THE PEOPLE WHO ANNOY YOU!!!
If you are addressing my statement, the only reason I brought up the world chat is because in this instance it reveals so much about the situation.

Incidentally, how do you block someone's WC?
1/18/2012 2:36 PM
Click the owner name in the world.   On the left in the black box, there will be a Block option.  Click it.  No WC, No TC, No trade offers.
1/18/2012 2:43 PM
And, no, I wasn't addressing your statement as much as I was the two owners who said they were leaving due to the WC.
1/18/2012 2:43 PM
Okay thanks. 
1/18/2012 2:46 PM
nauds = nordique  It's pretty simple really.  One has 0/0 for draft scouting, the other has 20/20.  Hmmmmm
1/18/2012 5:58 PM
wow, two of the top teams in the league are run by the same owner huh? He must be a damn good owner! Have CS check our IP's. I must be an alias since I agree with the ability to trade draft picks!

1/18/2012 6:02 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Well, to be fair, ovech could be a troublemaking loser.   I looked at the league's owners and I don't know jack about any of them(which seems pretty damn impossible to me). 

But, on the flip side, this particular situation stinks all to hell.   So, regardless of previous exchanges between the parties involved, ovech is on the right side of the road for this.
This, do you think this is the first time WC has blown up like this? It happens every season, and guess who's involved?
1/18/2012 6:15 PM
Posted by nauds3000 on 1/18/2012 6:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Well, to be fair, ovech could be a troublemaking loser.   I looked at the league's owners and I don't know jack about any of them(which seems pretty damn impossible to me). 

But, on the flip side, this particular situation stinks all to hell.   So, regardless of previous exchanges between the parties involved, ovech is on the right side of the road for this.
This, do you think this is the first time WC has blown up like this? It happens every season, and guess who's involved?
Ah, so you agree ovechkin is right about this... so what the **** are you arguing about?
1/18/2012 6:22 PM
With the shenanigans going on, I understand why the chat blows up every season.
1/18/2012 6:23 PM
FWIW, I played a season in For Life.  I don't recall ovech even posting in the WC. 
1/18/2012 6:33 PM
If it matters, nordique and nauds have been gone all day.  Then nauds posts here at 6:15.  Nordique checks his team at 6:31.
1/18/2012 6:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 1/18/2012 6:33:00 PM (view original):
FWIW, I played a season in For Life.  I don't recall ovech even posting in the WC. 
He has posted angry comments at/about many of the coaches that "committed" to 3 seasons at the beginning of the world, only to jump ship after Season 1 or Season 2.  I don't recall anything beyond that.
1/18/2012 6:36 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...32 Next ▸
trading draft picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.