Negro League Season 27 - TWO openings Topic

HBD's tribute to the Negro Leagues continues for its 20th season.  Founded by schedule1, this world continues to be one of the best you'll find in all of HBD.  We've got a great group of owners, and are looking for one more quality owner to add to the fold. 

We have one main rule (besides the obvious "no tanking"), and that is that each team must be in a city and have a nickname used by an actual Negro League team.  That's not as limiting as you might think, as here are a couple of good resources to find Negro League teams:

http://www.nlbpa.com/the_teams.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Negro_league_baseball_teams

Now, for our open franchise:

Our team is in the NL West, and has been very competitive under its previous owner.  The only problem you might have is that this team is in the "division of death," as last season the NL West produced four of the five best records in the league.  As a result, this was not a playoff team last season, but was certainly playoff worthy with an 88-74 mark.  You'll have the pieces in place to be competitive right away, but also face a challenge in your NL West brethren.  Here's the franchise profile:

http://www.wisjournal.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2977

Please post here or sitemail me if you have interest.

Thanks!
1/19/2012 1:03 PM
There's a reason this world has few openings each season.  Two seasons ago, we had all 32 owners return.  Just one opening this time around...don't miss out!
1/19/2012 8:44 PM
solid league that sent 6 different teams to the world series past 3 seasons
1/20/2012 5:01 AM
bump
1/20/2012 6:34 PM
Still one spot available.  A competitive team in a great division, and one of the most balanced worlds out there.  As noted above, six different teams in the World Series in the last three seasons.
1/21/2012 7:54 PM
bump
1/22/2012 3:43 PM
Ask any current owner in this world, it's a lot of fun and highly competitive!
1/22/2012 8:51 PM
bump
1/23/2012 3:32 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
How did I know that profound statement was coming?
1/23/2012 9:56 PM
We start as soon as YOU join us.  Looking for a great world that will get started ASAP?  This is the place to be!
1/24/2012 10:31 AM

come join a great league!!

1/25/2012 8:36 AM
I have thoroughly enjoyed learning about the Negro Leagues by being in this league. I look up each team as they join, and there are some great stories.
1/25/2012 3:22 PM

I can take it over if noone else has.

1/26/2012 8:13 AM
Thanks for your interest...check your sitemail.
1/26/2012 1:42 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
Negro League Season 27 - TWO openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.