Negro League Season 27 - TWO openings Topic

Thanks, max!  I second those sentiments!
2/21/2013 7:12 PM
I concur, doctor.
2/21/2013 8:25 PM
If you're a newer HBD player, don't be afraid to jump into a more established world.  We've got a lot of experienced owners willing to give good advice to newer owners.  Our theme is unique as well, paying tribute to the Negro League teams of the 20th century.  Drop me a note if you're interested or have questions.
2/22/2013 11:45 AM
bump
2/23/2013 10:52 AM
Max hit the nail on the head. Negro is a quality league. If you are brand new to hbd, this is a great place to hang your cleats. There's no funny business here. Sin has done an exemplary job of screening owners in past years, and it shows. Everyone has that one league that feels like home. I'm lucky in that respect; I have 2, and Negro is one of them.
2/23/2013 6:11 PM
Thanks, don. I played here for several seasons before taking over as commish, and have tried to continue what was already a great world. Join us!
2/24/2013 8:40 AM
The NL West franchise has been claimed.  Three openings, with descriptions on the previous page.
2/25/2013 11:54 AM
BUMP
2/26/2013 11:58 AM
Great group of owners with a unique theme.  It's a great way to learn a bit more about the history of the Negro Leagues!
2/26/2013 11:11 PM
This is a solid league. If you've thought about adding a quality team, this is a great bet.
2/27/2013 7:58 PM
Waiting for you to join us so we can get started for our 24th season!
2/28/2013 6:31 PM
BUMP
3/1/2013 12:32 PM
Step right up.
3/2/2013 4:04 PM
We've already added one quality owner to our group, and would love for you to be next.  We are willing to do an owner swap with another quality world.  Sitemail me for details.
3/4/2013 4:16 PM
Just had northof49 take us up on the owner swap.  He's joining us, and dhomard is joining Boston Tea Party.  Thanks guys!  Two openings left.  Here are the teams:

TAKEN Our first franchise in the NL East is waiting for you to guide it to its first postseason berth since way back in season one.  It's most recent home was Cincinnati, but another owner has claimed the Queen City as its new city, so you'll have the opportunity to start fresh in a new locale.  There are some good pieces on both offense and defense, but coming off a 65-win season, this is probably a rebuilding project:

http://www.wisjournal.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2970

Our second franchise hails from the NL South, where they won 83 games a season ago, gaining 20 wins from two seasons before.  There's a lot of power on this roster, which belted 244 HR last season.  They're probably a pitcher or two away from being a real contender.

http://www.wisjournal.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/FranchiseProfile.aspx?fid=2969
3/7/2013 10:00 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...8 Next ▸
Negro League Season 27 - TWO openings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.