2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

O's sign Armando Gallaraga and name Brady Anderson special assistant to Dan Duquette.

Hopefully this means Markakis "trains hard", adds 50lbs. of beef this offseason and starts peppering the warehouse with bombs.
1/19/2012 11:59 PM
No matter what happens the rest of the offseason, these teams are already eliminated from playoff contention:

Oakland
Seattle
Kansas City
Chicago
Baltimore
Houston
Pittsburgh
Washington
New York Mets

I think the Nationals will be a very good team in a couple years, as long as Harper lives up to expectations, but I can't possibly see them competing in the NL East in 2012.
1/20/2012 1:08 PM
Why not? Especially if they land Fielder and Werth remembers how to swing a bat.

I also never count out Oakland since there are always random seasons when they make noise with a crap roster.
1/20/2012 2:54 PM
This year is particularly crap.
1/20/2012 5:33 PM
Washington may be the perfect spot for a 4/100 on Fielder. If that happens, pressure is off Mr. Shittypants Werth to carry a team and he should produce again.
But that would give them an OF of Morse in LF, Werth in CF and Harper in RF. Not the best defensive alignment, but adding Feilder's pop would help.
1/20/2012 5:45 PM
Funny and just like that an O's thread gets hijacked by crosstown rivals.....
1/20/2012 5:46 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaah ! Will probably need repeating ... say ... 90 times next season. Can only get better from here, I hope.
1/20/2012 6:19 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 1/20/2012 2:54:00 PM (view original):
Why not? Especially if they land Fielder and Werth remembers how to swing a bat.

I also never count out Oakland since there are always random seasons when they make noise with a crap roster.
You can count out Oakland in 2012!
1/20/2012 7:56 PM
The Royals were 6th in the AL in offense last year and have the potential to be better with full seasons from the young guys.  If Duffy and Monty step up, Verlander won't have the same season most likely and with Martinez out and regression from Peralta, Avila and Fister, I don't know that I'd count the Royals out.  It's possible, though not probable.
1/20/2012 9:25 PM
I wouldn't count the Royals out either.  Incidentally, the O's haven't actually signed Galarraga yet.  The reports of that signing were premature...
1/21/2012 4:56 AM
I also wouldn't fully count out either Chicago team.
1/21/2012 4:57 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 1/21/2012 4:57:00 AM (view original):
Really??? Cuz I'd say they're both going to be lucky to even get a sniff of third place in their respective divisions this year. The Cubs lineup in particular looks scary bad...
1/21/2012 10:16 AM
The White Sox are trading good players for prospects.  Consider that AL West/Central teams have to win their division in order to make the playoffs because whichever AL East team doesn't win the division has won the wild card the past 5 seasons & I don't anticipate that changing in 2012.
1/23/2012 5:32 PM
Posted by Got_Worms on 1/23/2012 5:32:00 PM (view original):
The White Sox are trading good players for prospects.  Consider that AL West/Central teams have to win their division in order to make the playoffs because whichever AL East team doesn't win the division has won the wild card the past 5 seasons & I don't anticipate that changing in 2012.
This year it will probably be either the Angels or Rangers winning the wildcard.  Of course, if they decide to use the new 5-team playoff format this year, that will change things.
1/23/2012 6:00 PM
Guthrie traded to the Rockies for crap. All because they didn't want to pay him an extra $2mil or so in arb. Wish I could say I was surprised.
2/6/2012 11:58 AM
1|2|3...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.