2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I know Eveland's had shots, but as for this year, he's been down in the minors this year, waiting for a chance to get back in the big leagues, and then comes up and shies away from almost every hitter.
5/12/2012 10:56 AM
Some uncharacteristic bad defense helps the O's beat the Rays again. Matusz was solid and journeyman Bill Hall added an insurance HR in the 8th. Strop looks amazing - could be a closer right now. Johnson now 11/11 in saves.

Arrieta vs. Shields tomorrow. Should be a good one, but I expect it to go the Rays way with a strikeout pitcher on the hill.
5/12/2012 10:45 PM
Arrieta dropped a terd today, but I blame Buck for this one. Patton pitches two great innings, then Buck sends him back out for a third to face all righties and he gives up back to back jacks that are the difference in the ballgame. With as good as that pen has been, absolutely stupid to ask a guy to work a third straight inning. O'Day was rested and ready and could have pitched the 8th and 9th if need be.
5/13/2012 5:02 PM
O's drop CC for just the third time in his career (now 16-3 against the O's). Chen looked great again, improving to 4-0. The only blemish a questionable HR by Grandy that should have been reviewed for fan interference.

Off to KC and Washington.
5/15/2012 9:55 PM

Jones has now hit GW HRs to end the O's two longest games this season - 17 innings in Boston and 15 tonight in KC. He's been Mr. Clutch. 12 HRs already, and nine have either tied the game or given the O's the lead, with 3 coming in the ninth or later. The O's have now won 6 games this season when trailing after 7, after going 5-83 in those games last season. Exciting ball to say the least.

Tommy Hunter pitched really well tonight, so it was nice to see them get him off the hook.

5/17/2012 12:23 AM
Another nice comeback win...good to see Matusz get the W. Not overly sharp, but he battled and kept them in it. Another bomb for Jones.

Should be a great series in Washington this weekend. Chen vs. Strasburg on Sunday is gonna be a helluva a matchup.
5/17/2012 11:26 PM
O's take Game 1 of the Battle of the Beltway, with Markakis playing hero this time. A HR in the 11th gives the O's a 2-1 win in a very well-pitched game. The O's are now 6-0 in extra-inning road games this year. And shockingly enough, Kevin Gregg has won the last two. He seems to have realized he actually has to use his head on the mound.

O's now 12 over .500 for the first time in eons.
5/18/2012 10:23 PM
Bundy promoted to High A Frederick today. I know it's only Low A, but so far, 30IP, 4 hits, 2 BB, 0 ER, 40K in his professional career. And supposedly the majority of that is on his fastball, as his change-up is still a work in progress. Joe Angel talked about a September call-up this year, but that would be stupid. I foresee next May at the absolute earliest, probably next September. Once he and Machado arrive, with Wieters and Jones entering/in their primes, this will be a very good ball club.

In the mean time, I can't wait for the likes of Britton, Reimold and Roberts to be ready. This team is still way too undisciplined. Down by 2 in the 7th, runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and we get K, weak sac fly, K. No reason those two shouldn't both score, especially against Padilla. Arrieta continues to battle command issues. He's got ace stuff, but every other start he's all over the place. Showalter is not hiding his frustration with Arrieta, and rightfully so.

Hopefully KC helps them get back on track.
5/23/2012 7:45 PM
3 of 4.  Can't let guys like Shoppach and Scott Podsednik(HOT WIFE) beat ya
5/23/2012 11:24 PM
Markakis to DL with a broken hamate bone in his wrist. First DL trip for the O's current "iron man". They could recall Avery, but I wouldn't be shocked to see a move to bring someone in. Guys like Avery and Chavez, who are so far mostly defense, just aren't cutting it. I'd love it they made a trade for a solid bat/serviceable glove for the corner OF.

Huge series with Tampa coming up as the AL East has become a log game with all teams within 2.5 games of each other.
5/31/2012 9:19 PM
O's load the bases with one out. Hardy flies to centre. Tolleson, like a complete idiot, tries to tag from first with the play in front of him. He gets thrown out at second before the run crosses the play. Double play, no runs.
6/1/2012 9:01 PM
Bring back Larry Bigbie!
6/5/2012 3:22 AM
40/40!!!
6/5/2012 6:23 PM
Take that Red Sux!
6/5/2012 10:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.