2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Posted by Got_Worms on 1/20/2012 1:08:00 PM (view original):
No matter what happens the rest of the offseason, these teams are already eliminated from playoff contention:

Oakland
Seattle
Kansas City
Chicago
Baltimore
Houston
Pittsburgh
Washington
New York Mets

I think the Nationals will be a very good team in a couple years, as long as Harper lives up to expectations, but I can't possibly see them competing in the NL East in 2012.
Good thing Got_Worms isn't a scout - or an analyst.

O's win their 7th straight extra inning game, all on the road, after Johnson blows his first save since last August on a questionable HR by Saltalamacchia. It might have gotten out anyway, but it clearly hit a fan's arm. Umps let it go though.

Log jam in the AL East with the Rays and O's tied, and the Yanks just half a game back.
6/5/2012 10:49 PM
O's win their 9th straight extra inning game, setting a franchise record. Gritty performances all around this weekend. Good to see the sellouts, but far too much Philly red in the crowd.
6/10/2012 8:38 PM
Roberts 2 for 3 so far in the leadoff spot - if he's back to his old self, this team just got a lot better
6/12/2012 8:54 PM
B-Rob looked great (aside from the oversized helmet) going 3-4 with an RBI and playing 2B. What a huge boost to the lineup as Andino's bat and glove can now replace either Betemit or Chavez in the lineup on a regular basis.
6/12/2012 11:35 PM
Arrieta called back out of the pen to spot start after Matusz bunted a ball off his nose in batting practice a couple days ago. Arrieta was dominant and showed once again how good he is when he's focused and attacks hitters. He's got some kind of mental hurdle to clear (and he still performs poorly with runners on base/from the stretch), but he was all there tonight. Let's hope that continues.
6/13/2012 11:34 PM
Hammel takes a no-no into the seventh and finishes with a one-hit shutout, which I believe is the O's first CG this season. Dominating performance. Roberts showing his value as the sparkplug at the top of that lineup with 3 hits and 3 ribbies.
6/16/2012 10:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Didn't see the Thome trade coming, but I think (and hope) it spells the end of Nick Johnson's tenure in Baltimore. Johnson just has no value anymore. If Thome's interleague performance was any indication, he can still be a formidable DH. He's got pop and can hopefully teach this lineup how to work some walks. Pitching definitely needs to get back on track though.
7/1/2012 12:49 AM
For the second night in a row, Buck's terrible management of the pitching staff costs the O's. Last night, Hammel was up 3-1 and walks the bases loaded. Clearly lost his command, but Buck leaves him in to give up a bases clearing double for the loss.

Tonight, Chen is perfect through 6.1 and leaves after 7 allowing 1 run on 2 hits. Strop comes in and gives up a couple hits, 2 runs and hits a batter, clearly with no command of the strike zone, and Buck leaves him in with the bases loaded to promptly walk in the tying run. Chen was dominating and gets a ND to show for it because Buck chose to misguidedly show faith in a pitcher who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Absolutely disgusting.

7/4/2012 12:51 AM
I know it's only the M's, but Tillman with a dominating performance in his return to the bigs. Should have been a CG shutout, but another Andino error costs an O's pitcher. Final line: 8.1IP, 2R, 0ER, 2H, 2BB, 7K
7/4/2012 7:52 PM
Well, after crapping the bed on the Michael Gonzalez trade a few years ago, the O's call on Miguel Gonzalez to start out of the bullpen tonight. 7 very good innings for the win in Anaheim tonight. His stuff has looked good all season - he has a good fastball and isn't afraid to throw strikes. I'm sure he's earned another start.

I expect the O's rotation coming out of the break to be Hammel, Chen, Tillman, Gonzalez, Britton - unless of course Greinke is added to the mix soon.
7/7/2012 1:00 AM
The extra inning magic continues for the O's. Johnson blows the save after a Flaherty error, the Tigers take the lead in the 11th, O's tie it, Tigers take the lead in the 13th, O's tie it and walk off on HRs by Hardy and Teagarden. O's 10 straight extra inning victory, now 10-2 on the year. Hopefully this gets them back in the groove. Verlander tomorrow won't be easy.
7/14/2012 10:54 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 7/14/2012 10:55:00 PM (view original):
The extra inning magic continues for the O's. Johnson blows the save after a Flaherty error, the Tigers take the lead in the 11th, O's tie it, Tigers take the lead in the 13th, O's tie it and walk off on HRs by Hardy and Teagarden. O's 10 straight extra inning victory, now 10-2 on the year. Hopefully this gets them back in the groove. Verlander tomorrow won't be easy.
Yep, JV wasn't easy. Lol.
7/16/2012 2:24 AM
Losing two in a row to the Twins, and in the fashion they have done it, means they should contract the O's.
7/18/2012 8:38 AM
Right after Johnson dominates the Mariners in his first ML start, the O's announce the promotion of Machado from AA. He'll move to third and immediately improve the IF defense. I expect he'll hit 6th to start. Looks like the O's are taking a run at it, though I hope rumors of them bringing up Bundy in September aren't true. No need to rush him and risk hurting his development
8/9/2012 10:29 AM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.