2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Nelson Cruz gave it to him.
9/12/2014 1:07 PM
Posted by The Taint on 9/12/2014 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Chris Davis gets 25 games for the speed.
Pull your head out of your ***.  It's not speed.  It's Adderall.  He has a prescription.  Last year he had a TUE for it.

It was obviously stupid to take it again without clearing it with the league first.  The rules are clear, he knew the rules, and he deserves to be suspended.  But I'm so sick of the guys over on the Orioles websites, and now here, acting as if Adderall - which he has a medical diagnosis and a PRESCRIPTION for - is equivalent to HGH or anabolic steroids.

He got it from Nelson Cruz?  He got it from a pharmacist after his MD called in a prescription.  Come on.
9/12/2014 2:13 PM
Posted by 05nomar05 on 9/12/2014 1:07:00 PM (view original):
Nelson Cruz gave it to him.
I heard he was hanging out with Willie Mays and Hank Aaron.
9/12/2014 2:13 PM
Cheaters gonna cheat. 
9/12/2014 2:16 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/12/2014 2:13:00 PM (view original):
Pull your head out of your ***.  It's not speed.  It's Adderall.  He has a prescription.  Last year he had a TUE for it.

It was obviously stupid to take it again without clearing it with the league first.  The rules are clear, he knew the rules, and he deserves to be suspended.  But I'm so sick of the guys over on the Orioles websites, and now here, acting as if Adderall - which he has a medical diagnosis and a PRESCRIPTION for - is equivalent to HGH or anabolic steroids.

He got it from Nelson Cruz?  He got it from a pharmacist after his MD called in a prescription.  Come on.
Speed (adderall is an amphetamine) is a PED*. Pretty sure steroids and HGH are also available by prescription.

*I really give no ***** about PED use but think it's hilarious that people that do try argue that one is somehow a worse type of cheating.
9/12/2014 2:16 PM
There are over 100 players in MLB who are legally using Adderall, or at least have permission to do so.  Last year Davis was one of them.

Nobody in MLB is using steroids or HGH with permission of the league; they won't allow it in any circumstances.  You know I've been the loudest voice for there being no significant difference from amphetamine use in the '60s and '70s and steroid use in the '90s and '00s.  Or should.  People who pull their heads out of their own ***** for long enough to think before they attack everyone know it.  But the fact remains that there is a difference between illegally-obtained drugs and legally-obtained prescription drugs.

9/12/2014 2:32 PM
Unless they changed it recently, players have used approved PED in recent years.   I recall reading an article about A-Rod using in 2007.   With league approval.
9/12/2014 2:36 PM
There were 116 positive tests for Adderall in 2012 that were allowed by TUE (therapeutic use exemption).  (I'm using the 2012 data since 2013 and 2014 data haven't been released to the public)  Davis had a TUE for Adderall as recently as last season.  His mistake was in not renewing the paperwork with MLB in the first place.  My best guess is that when he wasn't hitting this year he decided to start taking his Adderall again without clearing it with the league first.  Pure dumbassery.  But still doesn't have the feel of egregious cheating to me.
9/12/2014 2:42 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/12/2014 2:32:00 PM (view original):
There are over 100 players in MLB who are legally using Adderall, or at least have permission to do so.  Last year Davis was one of them.

Nobody in MLB is using steroids or HGH with permission of the league; they won't allow it in any circumstances.  You know I've been the loudest voice for there being no significant difference from amphetamine use in the '60s and '70s and steroid use in the '90s and '00s.  Or should.  People who pull their heads out of their own ***** for long enough to think before they attack everyone know it.  But the fact remains that there is a difference between illegally-obtained drugs and legally-obtained prescription drugs.

MLB granted Arod a TUE in 2007 for steroids. It happens. Three players got TUEs for steroids in 2013.
9/12/2014 2:43 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/12/2014 2:42:00 PM (view original):
There were 116 positive tests for Adderall in 2012 that were allowed by TUE (therapeutic use exemption).  (I'm using the 2012 data since 2013 and 2014 data haven't been released to the public)  Davis had a TUE for Adderall as recently as last season.  His mistake was in not renewing the paperwork with MLB in the first place.  My best guess is that when he wasn't hitting this year he decided to start taking his Adderall again without clearing it with the league first.  Pure dumbassery.  But still doesn't have the feel of egregious cheating to me.
By this reasoning, A-Rod wasn't really cheating after 2007 while using 'roids.   He just decided to start using again without league approval.
9/12/2014 2:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/12/2014 2:45:00 PM (view original):
By this reasoning, A-Rod wasn't really cheating after 2007 while using 'roids.   He just decided to start using again without league approval.
****. I hate agreeing with mike.

9/12/2014 2:48 PM
How do you figure?  Was he still treating the same thing?  Did he still have a prescription?

It's not the same scenario at all.

9/12/2014 2:50 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/12/2014 2:13:00 PM (view original):

Lolz. Pull your head out of your ***. It's speed. You also can't have prescription called in. Or refilled. You need a new script. It's a sham. Less than five percent of the population has adderall scripts but 10 percent of MLB players do. These world class athletes who've made it further than 99.9 of our population have, all of a sudden come down with ADD, a disorder that there's no reliable diagnosis for.

Who's head is up who's ***?
9/12/2014 2:51 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 9/12/2014 2:50:00 PM (view original):
How do you figure?  Was he still treating the same thing?  Did he still have a prescription?

It's not the same scenario at all.

I assume he was.   

Does Davis still have ADD?

It's the same thing.   You just don't want "your guy" to be labeled as cheating. 
9/12/2014 2:55 PM
◂ Prev 1...64|65|66|67|68...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.