2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Posted by dahsdebater on 8/16/2012 11:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 8/13/2012 7:51:00 PM (view original):
Ya...ask the Royals how overmatched he is.
And what do the Red Sox say?
Kid is good.
8/17/2012 5:08 PM
Hehe.  I don't even look in this thread unless a fan of another team is the last poster.

Oriole fan fights are funny.

jtpops is about to take a bite out of debater's leg.
8/17/2012 5:16 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
RETARD ROYALE!!!!!!
8/17/2012 6:06 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
More ump dickwagging tonight.

First of all, a first base ump getting overturned on a call at first? I'm not mad about the overturning, but I've NEVER seen that. Then Reynolds is ejected IMMEDIATELY for throwing his glove down - absolutely ridiculous. I'm so sick of these umps not being penalized for flexing their muscles.
8/17/2012 8:55 PM
Yeah, that was BS.  I hope the 2nd base ump gets fined and/or suspended for that snap ejection.
8/17/2012 10:02 PM
It happened to Greinke before the AS break too, when he spiked the ball. I'm beginning to think some of these umps don't know the rules of the game.

It'll be interesting if Buck protests this game, because the ump clearly violated a rule - "equipment violations" are grounds for a fine, but not an ejection. Reynolds didn't even look at Carapazza, much less say anything to him that warranted an ejection. The other three umps were congregating and he comes charging in looking to measure dicks with someone. It's gotten to be too much these days.
8/18/2012 12:16 AM (edited)
Adam Jones' complete lack of improvement in terms of pitch recognition and plate awareness is just embarrassing.  Shortly before the All-Star break I looked at the pool of guys hitting .300 with 15 or 20 HRs or whatever it was at the time.  There were roughly 15 guys in the group.  Jones had the lowest BB% of the group, but not by a little bit.  He was at less than half of the (unweighted) average, with his own number included in the average.  He was over 60% lower than the next-closest guy.  Now he's got the lowest walk rate of any of the 8 Orioles with a decent sample size of PAs this season.  Guy's been batting cleanup all year, clearly the most intimidating bat in the order, and Wieters has been hitting behind him and is around .250 with only moderate power.  He should be able to walk, certainly not the worst on the team at it.  Every game MASN likes to show the hot and cold hitting zones, and looking at his numbers it's pretty clear he could be hitting .325 or .330 if he learned to take pitches and wait for the ball in a spot he could handle.  Instead he constantly expands the zone in hitters' counts.  He'll take strikes, swing at balls, has no clue where the zone is most of the time.  Can't pick up the breaking ball to save his life.  It's embarrassing.  He should be ashamed of himself.
8/18/2012 8:36 PM
I agree, but I don't think it's as much lack of pitch recognition as it is poor plate approach. I can't count the times he's gone up there in a situation where a single would score a crucial run, and he swings out of his shoes at three straight pitches trying to hit the ball 500 feet. He still struggles with low and away breaking balls, but not nearly as much as he used to.

Yesterday, runner on third with one out and he strikes out on three pitches with monster swings when all he had to do was put the bat on the ball. I know it was Verlander, but still, two of those pitches were at least "contactable". Someone needs to tell him they don't need him to be a 40-50 HR guy...they need him to drive in runs. The fact that Wieters now has more RBI should be really embarrassing to Adam.

Great start by Britton tonight. He did what everyone else massively failed to do last night - pitch around Cabrera and Fielder and make the others beat you. Huge difference in the outcome of the game, obviously.
8/19/2012 1:02 AM
O's now 50-0 when leading after 7 innings. Absolutely unreal, especially when you look at their bullpen performance the last few seasons.
8/19/2012 1:08 AM
Davis now at 3 HR after 6 IP.  He's still way too streaky/inconsistent as a hitter, but if he ever puts it together, damn. He has got ridiculous power and may be in the discussion for best opposite field power in the majors.
8/24/2012 9:02 PM (edited)

With 35 games remaining, the O's surpass last year's win total and would have to be atrocious the last month of the season to not surpass .500 for the first time in 15 years.

It looked bleak tonight when they left the bases loaded twice and then fell behind in the 8th, but McLouth with a monster 2-run HR to win it in the bottom half. Typical Oriole baseball. Now 24-6 in 1-run games, including 13 straight wins. On pace to shatter the ML record for winning % in 1-run games.

8/27/2012 11:13 PM
So in other words this is the luckiest team in the history of Major League Baseball?
8/28/2012 1:41 AM
I guess you could look at it that way. But I don't necessarily think a team getting blown out in losses and winning the games their in automatically makes them lucky. The D'Backs won 90 games a few years ago (and I think their division) and were outscored on the season. I don't believe a team can be lucky for an entire 162 game season.
8/28/2012 10:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.