2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

I've never seen a team put so many runners on base and then leave them there.
4/11/2012 9:50 PM
Reynolds may be a nice guy, but he absolutely sucks. And so does Gregg.

I wouldn't shed a tear if either disappeared from the roster tomorrow.
4/11/2012 11:08 PM
2 things: Why does Betemit (a 3b) play 1b, and Reynolds (a 1b) play 3b?

and secondly:
media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusmlbexperts/sadandino.jpg
4/12/2012 12:16 PM
My thoughts exactly. Betemit was brought over to spell Reynolds. I'm guessing last night was a misguided attempt by Showalter to show confidence in Mark
4/12/2012 5:00 PM
Nice to see a couple hard-fought come-from-behind wins in TO, where they usually suck hard. They're taking advantage of opportunities and opponent mistakes - all the things they weren't doing in the Yankee series
4/14/2012 8:30 PM
A couple errors (including some terrible glove work by Chris Davis) almost handed Arrieta a loss, but the boys bailed him out with an amazing comeback. 4 HRs in the last 3 innings did the job. Nolan Reimold now has all of his HRs this season in the 9th inning - definitely a guy I want up there with the game on the line. This is a game the O's just roll over and concede the win in years past - good to see them fight till the end.
4/17/2012 8:22 AM
The O's laser show continues in Chicago (19 through 11 games), led by Southside Bomber Nolan Reimold who has homered in 4 straight games. Chen looks very dependable - I'll be very satisfied with him as a 4th starter. Let's hope the good pitching can continue.
4/17/2012 10:37 PM
Johnson stays perfect, 7/7 in saves. Such a far cry from Gregg. Even with the tying run in scoring position, there's still extreme confidence he'll get out of it.

A huge and much-needed win after the error fests in the first two games of the series. Big matchup with TO coming up on Tuesday. O's now 7-2 in games decided by 2 runs or less.
4/22/2012 8:15 PM
Matusz screwed out of another win by shoddy defense, but the boys bounced back. Brian is getting better with each start and Davis is starting to show his monster power.

O's now 5-1 against the Jays after going 6-12 against them last season. The only downsides to this series: Nick Johnson blows and needs to be dropped; and three save ops went to other pitchers thanks to Johnson being sick - which is not helping my fantasy team.

And to really cap things on a high note: Kevin Gregg has not been seen or heard from in nearly two weeks, since that horrific outing in Toronto.
4/26/2012 9:52 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
He had potential. He has great off speed pitches but very inconsistent fastball command. When he commands it well, he's lights out because his other stuff is even better. When his fastball command is off, he gets lit.
4/27/2012 3:16 PM
Chen is looking like a keeper and Chris Davis's bomb show continues - if he shows even 70% of the power he did in AAA, he's really gonna help this ballclub.

Nice little drubbing the boys are putting on the A's tonight. Great aggressive baserunning and situational hitting.
4/28/2012 9:46 PM
O's couldn't solve Colon for 8 innings, but a nice little 5-run ninth, capped by a Betemit 3-run shot, seals the deal. O's have now won 56 straight games where they allow 2 runs or less. They're also 5-6 in games where they trail after 7, after going 5-83 in such games last season.

6 games above .500 for the first time since 2005 - oh, the futility of this franchise in recent years.
4/29/2012 4:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Not with the way the Skanks are pitching
4/29/2012 5:35 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.