2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

That's what I thought. Thanks for confirming
10/6/2012 5:16 PM
Figures.  Everybody can get their games in but shithole Baltimore can't handle a little rain.   
10/7/2012 6:24 PM
It was cold as hell at the Yard tonight, but amazing atmosphere until the ninth. Crazy intense energy and then totally deflated after Johnson imploded. Hopefully they can get to Pettitte tomorrow
10/8/2012 2:24 AM
10/8/2012 8:08 AM
Unlike some fans, I don't feel my team is entitled to a postseason berth every year. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.
10/8/2012 1:05 PM
No one is entitled.  You have to earn your spot.  Baltimore did.  Congrats.  But the dream is over.   Deal with it.
10/8/2012 1:11 PM
Depends if the Os win tonight. After all, they only took 2 of 3 at Yankee Stadium 3 times this season.
10/8/2012 3:44 PM
10/8/2012 3:58 PM
"Hi, I'm MokeT23!!!!"
10/8/2012 4:05 PM
moke also known as a spide or steek

very apropos
10/8/2012 6:53 PM
Awesome game tonight. Stadium was even more packed tonight without the extended rain delay. It was really odd seeing both Tex and Hardy pull a Buckner. Statistically, things are in the Os favour now - they need to put the pedal to the metal.

On a side note - very impressed with Pettitte tonight for an old geezer in cold weather.
10/9/2012 1:28 AM
Baltimore strategy - play 1 run games.
10/9/2012 9:17 AM
I'm not at all surprised at how the first 2 games went.  I predicted Johnson would give up a run when he came in in game 1.  He looked uneasy in the wildcard game, he's a guy with a big history of struggling with pressure (he didn't claim the closer's role until the 3rd time he was given the opportunity, and there was a reason Buck didn't start using him in the 9th last year until mid-August in spite of the fact that the incumbent closer was Kevin Gregg and he had an ERA in the 2s).  I think after how badly it went he took a lot of the pressure off himself in terms of his own expectations, and that allowed him to go out and execute in game 2.  Hopefully he'll continue to be ok if he gets any more chances, 'cause we really need him.  I'd like to see potentially 2 innings of O'Day and 2 innings of Johnson if we have a starter pulled after 5 one of these games.  Maybe an out or 2 in the middle somewhere for Matusz.  How great has he been coming out of the 'pen - both Matusz and Hunter have looked MUCH better out of the 'pen, really using and trusting their stuff.  I always wanted Hunter in the 'pen, Matusz has really disappointed me starting the last 2 years.
10/9/2012 6:16 PM
A big reason is matchups for Matusz and velocity for Hunter. Matusz has been getting righties out lately but he's primarily been facing lefties, which he has always dominated. Hunter can now unload 98-100 for an inning or two instead of pacing himself as a starter. I'd be shocked if the Os didn't keep them in the pen next season
10/9/2012 7:09 PM
I suspect some people still see Matusz as a potential starter.  Buck has a ton of faith in him, he did a great job starting right after Buck took over the job, and I suspect that arguably the most influential manager in baseball is going to be pushing for him to get another chance in the rotation.  At least in ST, although Hunter may get a look in the spring as well.  I think Matusz will get a LONG look.  Of course, Tillman and Gonzo are pitching really well of late.  You have to figure Chen and Hammel would really have to blow it to lose their rotation spots.  So you'd have Matusz battling Britton, Arrieta, and Saunders (who is still arbitration eligible for next season), and that's assuming no FA SPs are signed.  And if they decide to keep Bundy up, then he'll obviously be throwing his hat in the ring as well.
10/9/2012 7:23 PM
◂ Prev 1...20|21|22|23|24...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.