2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Hunter looking very hittable so far this year - 3 HR already. Great job by the O's battling back in the 9th - some great patient ABs (though they definitely got a break on that called ball four to McLouth). Still don't know how people can look at the Sux as a team and feel like they're going to go anywhere this season.
4/10/2013 11:00 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 4/10/2013 11:00:00 PM (view original):
Hunter looking very hittable so far this year - 3 HR already. Great job by the O's battling back in the 9th - some great patient ABs (though they definitely got a break on that called ball four to McLouth). Still don't know how people can look at the Sux as a team and feel like they're going to go anywhere this season.
Well, because they have 2 top pitchers that look like they're back to where they were 2+ years ago.  They have a great defense.  Offense will be there.  Especially when Papi returns.  Bullpen is fantastic...yes, Hannahan blew the save....oh darn.  There are 153 more games.

They finally got rid of the douchebag players and coach. 

Should the Sox stay healthy (Papi, Jacoby, Pedroia, Lester and Buch), they'll compete.  Also, if Dempster proves he's worth a damn, that's an added bonus.
4/11/2013 9:15 AM
Dempster doesn't have anything to show for it thus far BUT has been waaay better than I expected.  He's been pretty filthy his 2 starts
4/11/2013 5:45 PM
The 2013 Red Sox are the most overrated team in the last 10 years. They improved their OF defense and their clubhouse, which is important. 2 starts do not in any way prove that Lester and Buttholz are "back". They have a solid 'pen, but their offense likely won't fare much better than the Rays over the course of the season. This is not a playoff team, and I still don't see anything that makes me feel like they're not a bottom 2 team in this division. They're better than the Yanks and Jays at the moment, but as soon as Jeter, Tex and Grandy come back, and the Jays figure out they're professional baseball players, the Sux (on paper) will easily be the worst team in the East.
4/12/2013 12:07 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Have you actually seen his stats with Pittsburgh?
4/12/2013 2:18 AM
The simple fact of the matter is that both O's and Sux fans are overrating their teams.    Of course, it's April so it's to be expected.
4/12/2013 8:21 AM
What are Yankees fans doing, eh?
4/12/2013 7:45 PM

Check the Yankee thread, eh?   The title says it all.

4/12/2013 8:23 PM
Fair enough.
4/12/2013 11:25 PM
Nope.  Wrong.  Before the season I wasn't expecting much.

NOW, 90+ wins and at least the wild card.  This will be a good team  I can read tea leaves
4/12/2013 11:53 PM
4/13/2013 8:02 AM
Ya - I love Jones skill and his competitiveness, but he still looks way to lackadaisical in the field. The ball is way over his head, he has to hustle way back for it, and when he gets there, he just casually holds the glove up and blows his bubble while the ball bounces out of his glove.

Davis and Jones have been awesome, but both have cost the O's a game so far with their glove.
4/13/2013 10:40 AM
◂ Prev 1...35|36|37|38|39...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.