2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Hmmm, for 2013, after the trade the Blue Jays just made...YEP!!
11/14/2012 12:23 AM
WATCH OUT YANKS, WE GOT DANNY VALENCIA!!!!!!!!!!

We're coming for you now...

11/29/2012 8:39 PM
Rumours have O's pursuing LaRoche hard. I wouldn't mind him - he hit 33 bombs last year, could do that or better at Camden Yards, and great glove at 1B.
12/3/2012 7:45 PM
Not sure I really like him better than Reynolds, but I don't like him less...  I still get the impression that Duquette's first choice would be to trade for Billy Butler if they Royals will let him go.
12/3/2012 8:59 PM
Sounds like M's are in the lead for Butler - not sure Duquette will give up as much as the Royals are asking, though I don't know exactly what that is. I personally think Willingham would be a great fit in Baltimore if they could get him for a decent price.
12/3/2012 10:53 PM
I don't like Willingham, never have.  Not sure why...  Last year was a career year for him, but he's always been good.  Gets on base better than average, obviously has some pop.  He's just always felt like the best of the 2nd tier to me, and I guess part of it is that I don't think he has a lot of upside.  If he ever replicates what he did last year I'd be a little shocked.  Which is not to say he won't keep being good - OPS+ in the 120-125 range, as he's always done until last year's 144 out of nowhere - but that's just not a blow-me-away number from a guy who doesn't play much defense.
12/4/2012 5:47 PM
Don't forget though, Target Field is a tough place to homer in, especially in April and September as it gets colder. The RF bleachers at Camden Yards are much friendlier.
12/4/2012 7:17 PM
I hope rumours of O's and Swisher aren't true. He's a decent producer and OBP guy and I don't dislike him, but something about his personality rubs me the wrong way at times and I could see him upsetting the balance of the clubhouse a bit. Chemistry is going to be hugely important if the O's hope to have anywhere near the season they did last year.
12/4/2012 9:09 PM
I hadn't heard that rumor, but I hope it's not true too...  As much as we could use his OBP, I'm right with you - doesn't feel like a good fit for some reason.  Plus he sucks in the postseason...
12/4/2012 10:16 PM
McLouth, 1 year/$2M + incentives. Fantastic signing.

Lets hope they're not done.
12/5/2012 3:30 PM
12/5/2012 4:53 PM
I really hope there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we can't see. If Duquette truly believes he'll get 90+ wins again with out adding a good middle of the order bat, he's sorely mistaken
12/13/2012 4:59 PM
New rumor: Orioles talking to Mets about Dickey.  I don't see the match tho...
12/14/2012 3:23 PM

I know the game isn't played on paper (see: last year's Angels), but if the Jays get Dickey, it's all over in that division.

I haven't heard the O's linked to Dickey, but the Mets want catching or OFs. The O's could offer them young pitching to replace Dickey (though clearly not as good), and they have some OF depth. I don't see a match either, but we'll see. Duquette needs to do something. It almost seems like he's banking on the O's being better than the Red Sox, Rays and even Yankees by default.

12/15/2012 2:14 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
◂ Prev 1...33|34|35|36|37...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.