2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Your CF hates fans.

Orioles’ Adam Jones suggest using K-9 units, tasers on trespassing fans

4/29/2012 7:03 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I'd love to see umps with tasers in a holster to blast morons running across the field. I can't believe Kelogg is actually under review for tackling that loser.
4/29/2012 9:05 PM
It'd be funnier if umps tazed players/managers for arguing balls and strikes.
4/29/2012 9:48 PM
First lost in 58 games when allowing 2 runs or less - they just can't seem to find a way to get over the hump against the Yankees, even with all these close games.

Hammel continues to look great. He deserved a better fate tonight.
4/30/2012 10:09 PM
1,000 win for Showalter tonight as the O's down the Skanks. Impressive career, though if the Yanks and D'Backs are any indication, the O's won't win anything until he leaves.

Davis continues with his red hot bat and Matusz ends his losing streak at 0-12. He's looked better with each start, but still needs to work on command and lowering his pitch count.

Rubber match tomorrow.
5/1/2012 10:13 PM
Streaks are falling. First time 7 games over .500 since July 2005...first series win at Yankee Stadium since 2010...first time they've held the Yanks to 2 runs or less in 3 straight games in 34 years.

3 runs in 3 games...the O's pitching staff has been dominant. Too bad the O's couldn't solve Kuroda - this should have been a sweep. Arrieta was absolutely dominant tonight. 8 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 9 K.
5/2/2012 10:05 PM
Nice little 13 inning win - their bullpen continues to amaze, now leading the majors in ERA. They're a scrappy team, but these types of efforts wear on you, so it'll be interesting to see how Buck keeps them focused and fresh as the season moves on.

Apparently the O's are in talks to sign Tejada for a third time, which absolutely baffles me. Why mess with team chemistry, especially for an old 3B on his last legs, who really isn't much of an improvement over anyone on the roster. He's probably more consistent than Reynolds, but the O's aren't getting rid of Mark. And I'd much rather have Betemit than Tejada right now.
5/5/2012 1:35 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
jtpsops, I have to agree with you. I am a die-hard Yankees fan, but I also know bad organizational philosophy when I see it and the Yankees have had it for a while. They might win it this year, despite that, it happens, but I am not yet convinced by this year's team.

The Orioles have nearly always had a good philosophy and I have admired them, though certainly for a while in the late 90s to early 2000s they made exactly the kind of mistakes you are worried about now - big name players who don't develop team chemistry together.  That was a loooong way from Earl Weaver's methods. But this year they seem to have learned from Tampa Bay, and may surprise us. One thing that you can never predict is a team that suddenly has some good young pitchers no one really knows. That can change equations fast. 

The Yankees do have pretty good team chemistry at least, with the late Mr. Steinbrenner not around to mess with it, and that may make the difference. But sometimes the most important team in a division is not the one that ends up in first. But the confusion around the rotation indicates something. 

It is hard to see the Orioles making the playoffs right now because of the division they are in, but to those of us who care about baseball, seeing a team begin to emerge, gel and play well with young players counts for a lot and is worthy of praise. 
5/5/2012 9:36 AM
Unreal game. 17 innings, 6 hours, both teams use all their pitchers. The O's lose their DH in an unconventional way as Chris Davis pitches two scoreless innings, including a 3-pitch strikeout of Adrian Gonzalez, for the win. Darnell McDonald surrenders a 3-run shot to Adam Jones for the loss. Davis went 0-for-8 with 5 Ks, so it's good that he made himself useful.

With losses by Tampa and Texas, the O's have the best record in baseball. Grueling stretch coming up against Texas, Tampa and NY - I have to believe they'll call up a pitcher tomorrow, after this exhausting series that saw 39 IP played in 3 games.
5/6/2012 7:58 PM
Neither starter made it to 5 IP either - terrible game for that to happen. O's bullpen continues to be impressive. Troy Patton allowed one run, which was the first run allowed by the bullpen in 24 IP. Coincidentally, Patton was the one who gave up the last run before that streak started. Gregg pitched two scoreless innings - thankfully Ortiz was out of the game by then.
5/6/2012 8:07 PM

Welcome back to the bigs, Jason Berken. He and Matusz teamed up to explode the O's league-leading ERA. I was expecting a letdown tonight, but damn. I hope they got it all out of their systems. Pomeranz looked decent in his ML debut.

5/7/2012 10:20 PM
O's get dominated by the Rangers. Texas is still the team to beat in the AL, but the O's still look way to undisciplined at the plate. It's feast or famine, as they now lead the majors in solo HRs and they're up there in Ks.

I'm baffled as to why Buck sent Nick Johnson to the plate in the ninth with Davis on the bench. I have to believe he'll be the one to go if the O's sign Tejada, and I won't be sad to see that switch. Nick has looked horrible this season - definitely done with his career.

Eveland making the start tomorrow. He's been good in AAA and solid in his career when healthy, so hopefully he can give the O's a good start. They need to bounce back against the struggling Rays.
5/10/2012 9:59 PM
Nick Johnson makes me eat a little crow, at least for a week or so. A two-run shot in the seventh to put the O's up 4-3 for the win and back into sole possession of first.

The O's surprising ML-leading HR barrage continues with three more tonight. Too bad so many are solos.

Dana Eveland was brutal tonight, walking 6 and hitting 2, including Pena with the bases loaded. I'm not sure why guys finally get their shot and just come in and shy away from the strike zone, but he kept them in it. Big win tonight for the Birds.

5/11/2012 9:49 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...75 Next ▸
2015 Orioles Thread - DEAD & BURIED Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.