GD's Guide to the Game Topic

If you're ahead of a SIM before signings will they add more effort and potentially pass you if you don't completely knock them off?
1/15/2016 10:32 PM
Yes. You need to knock a Sim off early or they will bleed you dry.

1/18/2016 3:24 PM
How do you determine the Team ID that needs to be entered in for the yaztr tool? Also, is there a related video?
3/18/2016 3:05 PM
Posted by nhsteven on 3/18/2016 3:05:00 PM (view original):
How do you determine the Team ID that needs to be entered in for the yaztr tool? Also, is there a related video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nwGvP6jxAUg#t=244
3/18/2016 5:27 PM
Ok, I made IE my default browser and all seemed OK for a while. Now, when I start the tool, it's stuck on the loading screen and stays there. This is true even if I restart the computer. I also can't kill it. Any suggestions?
3/19/2016 9:10 AM
Posted by nhsteven on 3/19/2016 9:10:00 AM (view original):
Ok, I made IE my default browser and all seemed OK for a while. Now, when I start the tool, it's stuck on the loading screen and stays there. This is true even if I restart the computer. I also can't kill it. Any suggestions?
My best suggestion would be to stay as far away as possible from Internet Explorer, the world's worst browser. You can always restore your computer to a previous date if nothing else is working. Just google how to do so if you don't know and it should be easy enough to figure out. Once you restore, if you need to, make sure to use Chrome or Firefox so IE doesn't try to ruin everything you've ever hoped and dreamed for in life.
3/19/2016 12:46 PM
You are mistaken; Chrome no longer supports the Java applets used by the yaztr tool and many other apps. That's why I changed the default browser. When I couldn't gtet yaztr to work, I decided the heck with it and restored Chrome as the default. Otherwise, you are correct about IE's performance. Because that is common knowledge.
3/21/2016 11:13 PM
Posted by nhsteven on 3/21/2016 11:13:00 PM (view original):
You are mistaken; Chrome no longer supports the Java applets used by the yaztr tool and many other apps. That's why I changed the default browser. When I couldn't gtet yaztr to work, I decided the heck with it and restored Chrome as the default. Otherwise, you are correct about IE's performance. Because that is common knowledge.
That's odd. I've never had an issue with the Yatzr tool and Chrome. Have you found a solution yet?
3/22/2016 12:04 AM
No.The Chrome issue is only with the newest Java version.
3/22/2016 4:55 AM
Does anyone have a link to what the recruiting responses mean? I cant seem to locate that info.
3/22/2016 6:57 PM
garman! Welcome back man! Didn't realize you were back around these parts. Here's what you're looking for I think...

Posted by caesari on 7/5/2012 6:47:00 PM (view original):
RECRUITING POTENTIALS (Master List)
Courtesy of ozzzball19 and katzphang88

Great potential
1. Sky's the limit (in the AC scouting rreport)
2. Incredible upside potential (in the AC scouting rreport)
3. A truly gifted athlete (in the HC scouting report)
4. Tremendous Potential - He could be a star!
5. World of Potential - Huge upside!
6. a very special player

Good potential
1. Above average potential (in the HC scouting report)
2. He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us. (in the AC scouting report)
3. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game. (message from recruit)
4. Upside is my middle name (message from recruit)
5. "improve a lot" (from AC scouting report)
6. "room to grow".
7. "With a little work, he could be a very good player" (from HC scouting report)
8. "Good potential for improvement" (from the HC scouting report)
9. "He's not the most gifted athlete . . . but not bad at all." (from the HC scouting report).

Average potential:
1. Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments. (from the HC scouting report)
2. He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (from the HC scouting report)
3. I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (from the AC scouting report)
4. My motor never stops running (message from recruit)
5. I give 110% out there (message from recruit)
6. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I've worked really hard and lived up to my potential. (message from recruit) - This should actually be low potential.
7. "Some room for improvement, but not much." (from HC scouting report)
8. "Probably won't see huge improvements." (from HC scouting report)
9. "He seems slow to pick things up in practice." (from HC scouting report)

Low potential
1. "he's worked really hard in high school and has about reached his potential (from AC scouting report)
2. "tapped out" (from AC or HC scouting report, I forget which -- it's been a while since I've seen this message).
3. Not sure he has the ability to get much better...

If you're trying to determine if you're in the lead or behind during a battle, I believe the only time their responses indicate anything are once signings begin and they respond to your scholarship offer:
  1. "...leaning towards another team..." Slightly Behind.
  2. "...leaning towards your school..." Slightly ahead.
  3. "...pretty sure I'm heading somewhere else..." Heavy Behind
After the first cycle of signings, I don't believe any messages from them indicate anything unless someone leap frogs the leader. Then you will get a response similar to the above again.
3/23/2016 3:01 AM (edited)
Good to see you again orangepace! Go Cuse! I am really looking for what these recruit responses mean " I can't believe you are interested in me playing for you, Coach. Just say the word, and I'll be there." "Wow! I never thought you'd be sitting at my kitchen table, Coach. I'd love to come play for you next year." and "Wow! A call from Colorado! Your program sounds like a perfect fit for me." These all sound very favorable well after a day signings started, but cant seem to close the deal, even after these messages! Am i missing something?? This has haunted me for seasons!
3/23/2016 6:41 PM
So what message do you get from the 'STL' player himself then. If you scout him twice (deliberately or in error) then you normally get a message from the player himself but there are seemingly no response that keeps him as a STL?
4/11/2016 1:29 PM
This information is fantastic. I do have two questions that I may have missed in this thread.

In DIII, if a AC scouting reports indicates the player may be headed for a DII program, is he still worth pursuing?

Also, what does "STL" mean?

Thanks for the help.
8/11/2016 2:30 PM
dodger:

The only line worth paying attention to is the potential line in scouting messages, everything else is superfluous. If you are at D3 and he is on your D3 search, then you can sign him.

Sky's the limit, aka the best (and very rare) potential
8/15/2016 11:57 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12 Next ▸
GD's Guide to the Game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.