GD's Guide to the Game Topic

Just gunna throw these here for newer coaches.

WIS/GD Intro: https://youtu.be/DMRj376wzxY

Playbooks/Formations: https://youtu.be/FdBmhqk1f6Y

Recruiting: https://youtu.be/0tOnIkvunNQ
12/8/2018 12:36 PM
A newb here. This game looks like fun, but there sure is a lot to absorb. I've been going over the Manifesto and the Have a Plan series. Is there any part of those that are out of date/no longer relevant because of updates or other issues? I have figured out that yatzr's tool no longer works.
1/10/2019 1:18 PM (edited)
According to hookemhorns recruiting video, making at least one phone call, in addition to a face to face, is mandatory for a recruit to accept your offer. Is this accurate? I haven't seen that info anywhere else.
1/10/2019 1:20 PM
No phone calls are necessary to land a recruit. As long as he (she) is green you can sign them.
1/11/2019 6:20 AM
Posted by Busick on 1/10/2019 1:20:00 PM (view original):
According to hookemhorns recruiting video, making at least one phone call, in addition to a face to face, is mandatory for a recruit to accept your offer. Is this accurate? I haven't seen that info anywhere else.
You dont need to call but a face to face is mandatory even if the guy is green. Also welcome to GD!
1/11/2019 8:06 PM
Yes as hookem said you must have had a minimum of an AC scout to sign them
1/12/2019 8:00 AM
Posted by strieffman on 1/11/2019 6:20:00 AM (view original):
No phone calls are necessary to land a recruit. As long as he (she) is green you can sign them.
Green "and" you must have done at least one of following: A or H coach scout trip, home visit , or a campus visit.
3/23/2020 12:48 PM
Hey guys! I am the artist formerly known as buckeye_jg and haven't played this game since they rolled out 3.0 (about 10 years ago?). I figured I'd give the new (to me) engine a go and see how I like the game.
Looking at the player roles and the GUESS formula, it appears that the importance of Tech has been quashed for all positions outside of QB, K, and P. Any reason it is not valued as much?
3/31/2020 1:15 PM
Hey all,

Looking to swing back into Gridiron Dynasty a bit... Anyone have any contacts, or any pointers for a new player? It's probably been 12 years since I've played Dynasty.
5/25/2020 8:55 AM
D3 sucks, so get out of it as soon as possible! At D2 and above you can be more detailed with your game plan, playbooks, and depth charts.
5/27/2020 5:51 PM
Hey everybody, new person here. Does the weight and height of a player factor in at all? For instance, would a 6'5' 245lb TE perform better than a 6'2' 220lb TE?
10/4/2020 3:24 PM
no... height and weight do not matter , its all cosmetic
10/4/2020 4:29 PM
If you guys wanna reach most of people reading these forums you should post in the GD forum , not here.;
Nobody reads this except occasional newby trying to learn game.
10/4/2020 5:02 PM
Posted by ibstrummin on 2/21/2012 9:45:00 PM (view original):
I have a spreadsheet that I will offer to anyone who wants it.  I did offer to the mass of  "rookies" to help them with the learning curve, but I have given it out ot many coaches now.  I am working on a new version, one with greater visual aides (conditional formating) and includes the GUESS DTS rating multipliers.  So those who are familiar with (and beta testing with me) the Roster Manager, the RB, DL, Backers and DBacks will include both attributes for the position...which is very helpfull if you need a FB to balance out the 6 RB's you have.  I will announce the release towards the end of Stagg Season 72....March.
Caesari, Samford_18, Beebster32, Starfinder77 are some of the coaches using the new version if you want to find out their opinion.
Couple weeks, as Stagg 72 is wrapping up!

Nice work caesari!
Could I have a copy of this spreadsheet please?
7/19/2023 7:24 PM
Posted by KSBeachBums on 7/19/2023 7:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ibstrummin on 2/21/2012 9:45:00 PM (view original):
I have a spreadsheet that I will offer to anyone who wants it.  I did offer to the mass of  "rookies" to help them with the learning curve, but I have given it out ot many coaches now.  I am working on a new version, one with greater visual aides (conditional formating) and includes the GUESS DTS rating multipliers.  So those who are familiar with (and beta testing with me) the Roster Manager, the RB, DL, Backers and DBacks will include both attributes for the position...which is very helpfull if you need a FB to balance out the 6 RB's you have.  I will announce the release towards the end of Stagg Season 72....March.
Caesari, Samford_18, Beebster32, Starfinder77 are some of the coaches using the new version if you want to find out their opinion.
Couple weeks, as Stagg 72 is wrapping up!

Nice work caesari!
Could I have a copy of this spreadsheet please?
None of these are valid anymore with the changes to the game engine and the site security.
7/19/2023 10:12 PM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12
GD's Guide to the Game Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.