1889/1919 BOBL Season 5 - FULL Topic

i would love to join
4/8/2012 9:38 PM
Excellent!  Glad to have you, sean102385.
4/9/2012 7:18 AM
2 more owners and we'll get this thing rolling!

If you've thought about giving this one a shot, now's the time to do it...
4/15/2012 8:16 PM
Alright, you have my attention. Count me in. This is my first progressive, but the theme is impossible to pass up.
4/18/2012 4:38 PM
This would be a good one to keep going beyond 30 Years!
4/18/2012 7:13 PM
Perfect!  deltamoon and outbacker make 16!

I'll email everyone who has signed up and make sure we haven't lost anyone, and if not then we're good to go!
4/18/2012 7:41 PM
I've lost an owner 2/3 of the way thru our inaugural draft. We are drafting rounds 16 and 17 today. Sitemail me or post here ASAP if interested in taking over team. Roster so far is below.

Cincinnati Reds
Redland Field

Fred Toney - P
Dan Brouthers - 1B
Dave Davenport - P
Art Fletcher - SS
Jesse Barnes - P
Amos Strunk - OF
Gavvy Cravath - OF
Larry Doyle - 2B
Ossie Vitt - 3B
Nick Cullop - P
Harry Harper - P
Ed Swartwood - OF
Jim McTamany - OF
Hank Gowdy - C
Les Nunamaker - C

Bernie Boland - P
Earl Hamilton - P
5/14/2012 4:56 PM (edited)

Having read some of the rules of the league and intrigued with a league attempting to rewrite Baseball history completely. I will take over the Cincinnati franchise. 
5/15/2012 6:47 AM
Welcome aboard!
5/15/2012 7:03 AM
Need a replacement owner for the St. Louis Browns franchise.  We're only about 1/4 of the way into season 1, and the club has a .417 winning%.  Good owner could very quickly turn things around and take over right away.  Sitemail me if interested.  Roster below.

St. Louis Browns
Sportsmans Park (III)

Frank Snyder - C
Chief Meyers - C
Wally Pipp - 1B
Bill Phillips - 1B
Nap Lajoie - 2B
Jack Barry - 2B
Deacon White - 3B
Germany Smith - SS
Baby Doll Jacobson - OF
King Kelly - OF
Chicken Wolf - OF
Tom Long - OF
Dave Robertson - OF
Eddie Murphy - OF
John Clarkson - P
Jeff Tesreau - P
Sherry Smith - P
Charlie Buffinton - P
Jimmy Lavender - P
Dan Griner - P
Dave Black - P
George Chalmers - P
Hank Robinson - P
Fin Wilson - P
Al Schulz - P
6/9/2012 9:53 PM
I'll transfer the balance of this season over to you for free if you pick the team up long-term
6/13/2012 11:53 AM
Hi  I have site mailed will_prosper  saying I would like the St. Louis Browms team and have gotten a positive reply. Glad to join the VG owners in this league. ht.  ht44601.
6/16/2012 2:38 PM (edited)
Welcome to the league, ht44601.
6/16/2012 4:35 PM
Need immediate owner for team abandoned mid-season. See roster below.  Preparing to begin Season 2 (1886/1916) very soon. Take over the team and name your keepers immediately, and you will have the 9th pick in round one of the upcoming draft, followed by the 1st pick in all subsequent rounds. Building around the Babe in New York… what more could you ask for?!

New York Yankees
Polo Grounds (IV)

George Gibson - C
Doggie Miller - C
Jack Fournier - 1B
Chick Gandil - 1B
Al Myers - 2B
Bobby Vaughn - 2B
Arlie Latham - 3B
Bill Gleason - SS
Everett Scott - SS
Cliff Carroll - OF
Tommy McCarthy - OF
Hy Myers - OF
Emmett Seery - OF
Rebel Oakes - OF
Adonis Terry - OF
Doc Crandall - P
Hooks Dauss - P
Bill Doak - P
Jean Dubuc - P
Bill James - P
George McConnell - P
Lee Meadows - P
Charley Radbourn - P
Babe Ruth - P
Charlie Sweeney - P
7/10/2012 8:49 AM
I'm not sure I can resist building around the Babe. I am in if you will have me.

1 quick question, and it may have been in the original rules and I just missed it. Do I always need to have a Yankee on my team? Obviously with Babe, I am covered until sometime in the 30's, but just want to be clear for moving forward.
7/10/2012 10:21 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
1889/1919 BOBL Season 5 - FULL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.