How much can WE improve in 1 year? Topic

Posted by zbrent716 on 2/23/2012 1:45:00 AM (view original):
Andrew Waltz was recruited with a 10 WE.

Freshman year - 28/31 starts, 18.9 MPG, gained 3 points in WE to 13.
Sophomore year - 28/29 starts, 25.2 MPG, gained 4 points WE to 17.

I feel pretty confident saying that current WE impacts the development of WE.
i've definitely had players with similar WE increase more from season to season with similar starts and minutes per game...

maybe there's a personality factor, i.e. something tied to high school GPA or if he's a "good kid"
2/23/2012 11:13 PM
Posted by rednu on 2/22/2012 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't rate of WE growth depend in part upon the "He appears to be a below average/average/above average student on the court and in the classroom" sort of message you get in scouting visits? I've always been under the impression that it did... [Edit: This is in addition to other factors already mentioned like starts, minutes, etc.]
No, that has nothing to do with it.

Rate of we growth depends on where the we starts (as iguana said, guys that are very low or high will move slowly; guys right in the middle move the fastest) and PT/starts. That's it.
2/24/2012 12:07 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 2/22/2012 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Under ideal circumstances (starting, playing lots of minutes,  having a WE over 30)  I would bet on 4, be happy with 6 and do a jig if it went over 8. 
A player with a reasonable starting we who is starting and playing lots of mins is going to gain over four points, you can bank on that. Six to eight would be normal under that scenario.
2/24/2012 12:09 AM
Posted by girt25 on 2/24/2012 12:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by rednu on 2/22/2012 5:05:00 PM (view original):
Doesn't rate of WE growth depend in part upon the "He appears to be a below average/average/above average student on the court and in the classroom" sort of message you get in scouting visits? I've always been under the impression that it did... [Edit: This is in addition to other factors already mentioned like starts, minutes, etc.]
No, that has nothing to do with it.

Rate of we growth depends on where the we starts (as iguana said, guys that are very low or high will move slowly; guys right in the middle move the fastest) and PT/starts. That's it.
thanks for clearing that up girt25! Appreciate it. 
2/24/2012 12:18 AM
Don't forget promises!

I had always understood that a promised start or minutes will decrease the WE gain for those starts and minutes, is that true?
2/24/2012 12:50 AM
Posted by asher413 on 2/24/2012 12:50:00 AM (view original):
Don't forget promises!

I had always understood that a promised start or minutes will decrease the WE gain for those starts and minutes, is that true?
Nope.
2/24/2012 7:37 AM
◂ Prev 12
How much can WE improve in 1 year? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.