I Just don't get It !!! Topic

What I don't get is you send a trade proposal to someone....no response. So you send a sitemail reminding the person about your trade proposal....no response..you check if they have read your mail and they have...no response...so you send a reminder in the league forum...no response ...all they have to do is click Reject Trade    Offer!
3/13/2012 12:15 PM
My peeve of the moment is WIS owners who enter draft-league progressives and aren't ready when the draft comes. I'm in two such drafts right now that are moving slower than Mendenhall Glacier. Sometimes an owner will even act as though it was a mystery that the draft was starting -- or simply be non-responsive and unavailable when the draft is under way. Why don't they feel a responsibility to be prepared or to make arrangements when they can't be online so that they don't hold up everyone else?

It's not the end of the world. It's just inconsiderate and annoying.

3/13/2012 8:26 PM
I don't get how, when I look at the list of recent Championships, I see people with 40, 50, 60 championships - who I've never heard of.
3/13/2012 11:04 PM
Posted by zubinsum on 3/11/2012 5:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by napolean on 3/11/2012 2:50:00 PM (view original):
I don't get why people are so fascinated by idiotic "Reality" shows.
And I don't get why people idolize talentless reality celebs like Paris Hilton, The Kardashians and anyone on the Jersey Shore.  Being a vain, talentless whore is not a good thing folks.
Got as chuckle out of your comment, zub.  Reminded me of Dean Wormer's quote to Dorfman in Animal House, "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son."
3/14/2012 1:17 AM
I just don't get why it takes some owners a long time to enter their team after the draft, is it because you enjoy having the rest of the league wait on you, you inconsiderate FEATHERHEAD.
3/14/2012 7:18 AM
Posted by stfrancis on 3/13/2012 12:15:00 PM (view original):
What I don't get is you send a trade proposal to someone....no response. So you send a sitemail reminding the person about your trade proposal....no response..you check if they have read your mail and they have...no response...so you send a reminder in the league forum...no response ...all they have to do is click Reject Trade    Offer!

This is very true.  When people know that you want someone off of their roster they immediately get a God complex, feel that you are now beneath them and are unworthy of their ultra-valuable time. Suddenly rookies that they had no intention of playing all season become amazingly vital to the success of their team. Just like anything else in life, people only want something if they know that other people want it.  Now I use the reverse psychology.  I name my player(s) that I want to trade mentioning their best qualities in the owners forum with what I would like in return, wait a day, and then comment in the owners forum thanking everyone collectively for the overwhelming amount of offers that I am still mulling over(exaggerating a bit). Creating a market.  Now everyone's interest is piqued.  Seems to work everytime. 

3/14/2012 9:11 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by pfattkatt on 3/16/2012 1:27:00 PM (view original):
I don't get people a) not believing in God, and b) believers who want to force their beliefs on the public in general. I don't get terrorists, religious zealots, and their ilk. As a believer, I find it actually painful when i encounter a rude and thoughtless "religious" person.
It works both ways.  As a Republican living in California, I have spent all my life living among people whose political beliefs (well, most of their political beliefs) differ from mine.  Many times, my political affiliation has come up and people launch into 'the religious Right' diatribes - then I tell them I'm an atheist, and they fall silent.  Those who rail against religion can be just as rude and thoughtless (to use your words) as proselatyzers.
3/16/2012 3:47 PM
Posted by crimsonblue on 3/12/2012 9:02:00 PM (view original):
I don't get why people say "RBIs when clearly RBI is correct english!!!!!!!!!!
Technically it should be R'sBI, or RISBY'S
3/16/2012 8:25 PM
 The teachings of Christ and the doctrines of  Christianity are diametrically opposed to my nature, and I can find no better argument for their validity.
3/16/2012 8:58 PM
napolean, you and I have never had any bad words or thoughts between us, and you have been a credit to every league we have been in together. To make a statement such as the one you made shows me you have never spent any time trying to understand Jesus with any sort of an open mind. His teachings are nothing but love, sharing, togetherness and peace. No question, many who profess to believe and declare themselves "saved" leave much to be desired. There is nothing in the New Testament that would not make your life better by adhering to it. I would not agree, but I can understand how one may question Jesus' divinity. His teachings, however, only instruct us to be better to one another. What is wrong with that?
3/16/2012 11:19 PM (edited)
Chisox and pfattkatt, I think you both may have misunderstood what napolean is saying.  My understanding is that he is saying that;  The teachings of Christ and Christianity are so amazing and great, and the fact that we are imperfect and that it cannot be fully comprehended by us, explains, and is MORE proof of the greatness of him and his teachings.  On its surface, it sounds like a famous quote advocating Christ.
3/16/2012 11:37 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...8 Next ▸
I Just don't get It !!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.